AC Sebring Sunset - 90s Endurance Classics, Fri 14th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oh man, I was watching the start lights in VR, but with sunset I guess I didn't see them turn red at all.. I was waiting and then I heard crew chief say green green green and the field stormed by. It made it interesting for sure.

Nice battle with Hank for P1, it is harder to overtake than I expected. Not sure what tyre he was on. When we were side by side in the last turn he went into the pits. I was on the mediums and didn't change them during the stop, only added 10 liter (finished with 7 too much).. By the end the tyres were pretty dead but my gap was big enough.

Congrats to Ernie and Jason with the qualifying pace.

Thanks Dominic for this one. See ya!

Last edited:
That will teach me. Did not look at track temperatures until the car slide around crazily.
I have often run mediums well into yellow and still kept my lap times, these mediums after a while really did drop off the cliff, in a big way.
So enjoyed the good bits, and had a good run for my money, so happy with that.

That will teach me. Did not look at track temperatures until the car slide around crazily.
I have often run mediums well into yellow and still kept my lap times, these mediums after a while really did drop off the cliff, in a big way.
So enjoyed the good bits, and had a good run for my money, so happy with that.
Yeah my mediums were well in the red at the end. These are RSS cars, their tyres drop off a lot more than others. I think it is more realistic.I had a flat spot from racing with Hank too and felt it all race. I know it costs a bit of time through the whole lap as well as the tyre is not optimal. Adds to the realism for sure.

These RSS cars are just awesome. It's really fun to drive. It would be nice if they were also introduced on Sundays.

When we were side by side in the last turn he went into the pits.
Luckily there is something like Helicorsa otherwise I would have just pitted (with you ;)). I had mediums twice.

Great race, great track for sure, all in all a great event! :thumbsup:

PS: I don't know how often I can be there on Fridays when the football season starts again in August. Maybe there is another day of the week if others see it that way?

1689366888844.png

I bought these little beauties the other day
Really good fun to drive

Last edited:
Hi guys;
Thanks again for participating and hanging in there. That was fun, and those cars are really a blast to drive. I hope you all enjoyed the event as well.

Yes, I know Friday's are tough and I would be open to try other days... Or we can just do a race every other week. As I mentioned during the after race chat, my intention was to just throw some races together where we could try some different cars/tracks that aren't normally used here. I definitely don't want to make anyone feel obliged to join or have to chase ppl around for sign-ups.
We'll just play it by ear I suppose, and see if there is enough interest to keep going with these races.

In the meantime, I'll go ahead and ask @HF2000 to schedule the next event for next Friday which will be 80s F1. McClaren Mp4/4 at Imola 1988. We'll set up the server and depending on the number of sign-ups we can determine if it's worth proceeding with the event.

Cheers all, enjoy your weekend.

Hi guys;
Thanks again for participating and hanging in there. That was fun, and those cars are really a blast to drive. I hope you all enjoyed the event as well.

Yes, I know Friday's are tough and I would be open to try other days... Or we can just do a race every other week. As I mentioned during the after race chat, my intention was to just throw some races together where we could try some different cars/tracks that aren't normally used here. I definitely don't want to make anyone feel obliged to join or have to chase ppl around for sign-ups.
We'll just play it by ear I suppose, and see if there is enough interest to keep going with these races.

In the meantime, I'll go ahead and ask @HF2000 to schedule the next event for next Friday which will be 80s F1. McClaren Mp4/4 at Imola 1988. We'll set up the server and depending on the number of sign-ups we can determine if it's worth proceeding with the event.

Cheers all, enjoy your weekend.
Hi Dominic,

If you send me the links to the car mod and the track mod, I will set it up.

Hi Dominic,

If you send me the links to the car mod and the track mod, I will set it up.
I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how to send the link... when i go to the download page in RD for the car I don't see any web address or link at the top. However, if you go to the AC car downloads and search 'mp4-4' it will come up 1988 McClaren MP4/4 v1.0

and the track is 'Imola 1988 v2.0' by Rainmaker...

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how to send the link... when i go to the download page in RD for the car I don't see any web address or link at the top. However, if you go to the AC car downloads and search 'mp4-4' it will come up 1988 McClaren MP4/4 v1.0
1689372635981.png

I see the download link in the address bar.

Latest News

Back