AC RSS GT @ Okayama - Sunday 5th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The best way to get off the line in any race, doesn't matter what sim or car is to mentally count to zero yourself. AC has a timer that stops at 10 seconds or there abouts at the top, so you can just ignore the lights and everyone else around you. It usually gets me a position or two at round start or allows me to set myself up properly.
Lol, thanks for that hint!
And I thought dual clutch paddles would be cheating... :confused::laugh:
I nearly killed both chris and rasmus at different points when I switched back to the screen for a while. Cars will appear alot further away in the virtual mirror than they are in reality.
1654643994997.png

Max, 55°:
1654644011049.png

Min, 5°:
1654644021131.png

Changes ALL mirrors. Left, right, center, virtual center!
Changing back and forth between my Screenshots with the arrow keys is quite fun. Doesn't even look like the same track, lol!
"Oh, I don't have any car behind me"
to
"Alright, someones is biting in my car's butt"

No idea what's the default btw...

Last edited:
Lol, thanks for that hint!
And I thought dual clutch paddles would be cheating... :confused::laugh:

View attachment 572669

Max, 55°:
View attachment 572670

Min, 5°:
View attachment 572671

Changes ALL mirrors. Left, right, center, virtual center!
Changing back and forth between my Screenshots with the arrow keys is quite fun. Doesn't even look like the same track, lol!
"Oh, I don't have any car behind me"
to
"Alright, someones is biting in my car's butt"

No idea what's the default btw...

Ahh maybe it is a FOV issue with my screen preset so. I will check my settings!

Never shared a setup on here so let me know if it doesn't work, but here's my Ferruccio 55 set up. First time my quali times were actually better than my race lol.

Cheers! That knocked another second off, so my best lap is now a low 1:30, going to see if I can drive this setup to somewhere below that! Now I just need to understand all the changes you've made vis a vis default.

If I remember correctly, gearing was a big one, then a lowering the camber a little, upping the diff, +1 on the rear wing, lowered the ride height (I think) and tires to match. Might not work as well for tracks with longer straights, but for a flowly track, this set up helped me get the power down sooner which was faster for me overall vs a lower wing + higher top speed. :)

Happy to share and to hear it saved you a second or so. Much of what I copied learned was from everyone here :geek:

Last edited:
Ahh maybe it is a FOV issue with my screen preset so. I will check my settings!
Just to report back:
I've found out that CM gives you the hover-tip that 10° would be the default.
However I always found that looking in the mirror and judging whether or not to expect a dive to the inside from the car behind me was a bit difficult.

So I set it to 8° for yesterday's drive to survive event (btw, you all should really join these! :D).
It was a lot better! The range between 10 and 5 degrees doesn't seem to be huge but in percent it's doubling the viewport!!
So at 8° that's already 20% less mirror-FOV!

Having a car close to my rear now really felt like being at my rear. Made battling a bit easier!

Just to report back:
However I always found that looking in the mirror and judging whether or not to expect a dive to the inside from the car behind me was a bit difficult.

So I set it to 8° for yesterday's drive to survive event (btw, you all should really join these! :D).
It was a lot better! The range between 10 and 5 degrees doesn't seem to be huge but in percent it's doubling the viewport!!

Having a car close to my rear now really felt like being at my rear. Made battling a bit easier!

I seen most of mine were set at ten alright. It makes a huge difference when it's set up right. One thing of the many things AC does extremely well is the mirrors.

Just to report back:

I can't find this setting. Where is it?

I can't find this setting. Where is it?
In my post a bit higher up, I attached this screenshot:
https://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/1654643994997-png.572669/

Content Manager - > settings - > assetto corsa - > system.
It's a bit hidden and I only came across it when simply checking out every setting there is!

Edit:
Me while checking out all the settings over the last Christmas Holidays:

Last edited:

Latest News

Back