AC RSS GT @ Okayama - Sunday 5th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The mediums lasted ok for a one stop at barcelona. Should be similar here.. They wear fast at first and then steady out. Could be why the app is saying 6 laps. Protyres? The most difficult laps are around 4 or 5 in when you still have the big fuel load, traffic is heavy and the grippier outer layer has been scrubbed off the tyres. My feel of it anyway!
Is Protyres worth trying? I just use the AC Tyre thing and essentials to get the right pressure. Sometimes I think the impact of seeing them wear makes them feel more worn.. :roflmao: so maybe I am better turning the app off.

I am definitely putting more load than I should through lack of ABS and locking up frequently. Same with keeping the rears in check without TC. For me at least I think that is why I am struggling with tyre wear on this car.

Is Protyres worth trying? I just use the AC Tyre thing and essentials to get the right pressure. Sometimes I think the impact of seeing them wear makes them feel more worn.. :roflmao: so maybe I am better turning the app off.

I am definitely putting more load than I should through lack of ABS and locking up frequently. Same with keeping the rears in check without TC. For me at least I think that is why I am struggling with tyre wear on this car.

Worth a look. It's good for setting up the car in mid week practice. I use it the odd time for that. Just use sidekick for wear and the default tyre app for temps in qualy and race. There's too much info in pro tyres to take in at a glance. Distraction and as you say, i'd rather not know sometimes!

Last edited:
Hi grid penalty and welcome along.

Please add your real name to your profile, to match your in game and discord name. Also confirm you have read the rules in post 1 and 2, especially the golden rule. I'll fore on the password then.

Cheers

Brian

Hi grid penalty and welcome along.

Please add your real name to your profile, to match your in game and discord name. Also confirm you have read the rules in post 1 and 2, especially the golden rule. I'll fore on the password then.

Cheers

Brian
I have read the rules and added my name to the account, is the practice server still up or is it too late for that.

Last edited:
Sorry guys. My right lens has stopped working in the VR headset. I have had issues with this thing for last few weeks after running fine for nearly 2 years. That's me out for a bit until I get it fixed or source a replacement.

A few disappeared at the start so T1 was surprisingly lonely. I was planning on option 2 for my pitstop figuring I had enough of a gap on Ernie to run 45 mins on mediums then put softs on for the last 15 mins. Oh well.

Last edited:
I'm done worrying about what the people behind me might think about my driving :laugh: . Had P4 until I found myself slowly coming out of the 3rd to last turn in 3rd gear instead of 2nd on the last lap. So what did I do? I worried I might be holding up John behind me and downshifted to 2nd to try and up my speed ...That was not the right choice :roflmao: . Managed to salvage P6 out of it and had some great laps with lots of pressure from Brian the last 20min (and Ernie and Fulvio in the 1st half of the race), so I came away happy . Great racing from everyone I encountered. :thumbsup:

See you all next week. Looking forward to putting today's throttle management practice to good use at thursdays Liger mini F1 race :geek:

Last edited:
I'm done worrying about what the people behind me might me thinking about my driving :laugh: . Had P4 until I found myself slowly coming out of the 3rd to last turn in 3rd gear instead of 2nd on the last lap. So what did I do? I worried I might be holding up John behind me and downshifted to 2nd to try and up my speed ...That was not the right choice :roflmao: . Managed to salvage P6 out of it and had some great laps with lots of pressure from Brian the last 20min (and Ernie and Fulvio in the 1st half of the race), so I came away happy . Great racing from everyone I encountered. :thumbsup:

See you all next week. Looking forward to putting today's throttle management practice to good use at thursdays Liger mini F1 race :geek:
Great qualifying lap Robert. :thumbsup:

Also I just checked the results so congratulations Fulvio. I assume you start at the back just for the laugh so amazing pace.

Thanks for organising tonight @Interslice Brian; brain enjoyed it, body a sweaty mess:laugh: Congrats to the podium chaps, and fantastic come back from Han... was sure I saw you in 'the naughty room' after I jumped the start (2nd time in 2yrs ffs:(, after a very rare pole, dammit)

My apologies and commiserations to @Alfred Wayne Robert, tried to avoid you but you were too far across, and thanks to all for the uber fair racing:thumbsup:

Not much pace here. but pretty steady, so went for Tim's setup and got my fueling stupidly wrong,
should have taken more care.
Spent ages in the pits fueling unnecessarily, but how was I supposed to know all the front runners would do a disappearing act at the start.
it was all the quick guys too, this has only ever happened this once, John, Han, Robert and Brian all did their conjuring trick simultaneously.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I just sat there thinking the internet had crashed, my brain still missing at that point, I was still on empty head mode. when most went passed I finally woke up, could have been a lot worse.
I was set up for 5th or 6th place here.
The pit stop was a catastrophe, had to wait an extra 10 seconds to put a totally unnecessary amount of fuel in.
So, all in all, a very large amount of luck, very welcome too.
Thanks to @Interslice for a great race and organisation and of course well-done podiums.
The only regret I have is messing up my start advantage and my stupidity in the pit stop,
without those two cock ups may have had a chance of keeping a much faster Fulvio at bay, close it would have been too.
OIP (4).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Tim. Think I finally found some sort of line through the last turn that doesn't murder my lap times :)

And John you have nothing to apologize for. The moment I shifted gears I was done. I'm just happy I didn't take you or Brian out with me. Had it not been for Brian glued to me for so long before that, I might have not folded under your well timed pressure so quickly. I'd say you owe him a beer for his hard work :roflmao:

Last edited:
should have taken more care.
I know the feeling mate, I should have listened to those that said mediums will last, at last minute put more fuel in and ran hards, which didn't have much more life than mediums.
After pit stop it was like a spring lamb:laugh:, could really push. 2nd time with these cars, absolutely love them:inlove:

EDIT: Simresults.net here: https://simresults.net/220605-KG1

Last edited:
Thanks for the race everyone. First time in these cars and first time without ABS in a car so a nice learning experience to learn to not lock up at every corner. Wish I had read the thread before the race as I only filled enough fuel for about 35 mins and was going to fuel enough at the pit stop to get me to the end :cry:. When I pitted I was just ahead of Carsten by a second or so and I left the pits about 20 seconds behind him. But had a nice battle early on for a lap or two with Karel Buchta which was fun. All in all it was a lot of fun and next time I will make sure that there isn't refueling of these cars at the pit stop :). Thanks to all lapping cars for not causing issues and thanks for the clean fun racing as always.

Nice racing again last night. Had my usual tentative start but soon found myself in a long battle with Colin which was most enjoyable. Had a spin about halfway through my first stint but managed to claw my way back by the time my pitstop was due.

I made a mess of my stop at Barcelona so made sure I didn't make the same mistake here and when Colin later pitted I found myself 5 seconds in front. Got worried when I noticed he was on soft tyres and was closing the gap but he seemed to drop back towards the end of the race and I eventually finished in a lonely 8th place.

Thanks for putting these cars on again Brian, they take me back to my GTR2 days :)

Last edited:
Good race from my side. Good consistency, reasonable pace.
Went from 3rd to last because of the teleport + 15 seconds penalty for a jump start and John could profit from a missed brakepoint because I forgot the tyres were cold.

Because Brian and Colin had an accident and John had bad luck with a backmarker I could pass those two who had equal or even better pace. After that it was moving up through the midfield with some nice overtakes and because Robert probably messed up his pitstop I was 3rd again in the last stint with Ernie in sight. But his pitstop was much later and had better tyres so the gap slowly grew and I decided to concentrate on decent lap times so Brian and John couldn't close the gap in time.

Qualified third and finished third looks like a boring race but it was anything but that.

Congrats to Fulvio and Ernie and thanks for organising Brian.

Looking forward to LeMans next week!

I was shocked how close these cars race, qualifying is one thing , the race is another.
All were all quick enough here., it was far more about the race than is usually the case.
I had made all my race and pit stop around the qualifying time, but in reality it was all about what happened to us individually as the race progressed.
These are difficult cars without all the electronics to support us, with a lot of power too, which is probably a great equaliser.
:)

Nice racing again last night. Had my usual tentative start but soon found myself in a long battle with Colin which was most enjoyable. Had a spin about halfway through my first stint but managed to claw my way back by the time my pitstop was due.

I made a mess of my stop at Barcelona so made sure I didn't make the same mistake here and when Colin later pitted I found myself 5 seconds in front. Got worried when I noticed he was on soft tyres and was closing the gap but he seemed to drop back towards the end of the race and I eventually finished in a lonely 8th place.

Thanks for putting these cars on again Brian, they take me back to my GTR2 days :)
Rookie error putting softs on in the pitstop. I seem to find new ways to screw up my race and this was a first. Thought I was putting mediums on but they were dead after 15 mins and realised my mistake - so had to stop again.

Enjoying this car but don't know where to start with setup on it. I changed the gearing so that it topped out on the back straight. However, watching some onboards I noticed that some people didn't seem that bothered modify the gearing - so how important is it?

Latest News

Back