AC RSS GT @ Okayama - Sunday 5th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading to Okayama for some GT racing!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Link to the RD community on S.GP is here. You need to sign-up and join to access our race servers.

Need a warm-up or want to start online/multiclass racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5/Audi TT multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Okayama-2020.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

• Tornado v12 - Lister Storm GT
  • Vortex v10 - Dodge Viper GTS-R
  • Ferruccio 55 v12 - Ferrari Maranello GTS 550
  • Lanzo v12 - Lambo Murcielago R-GT
  • Shadow v8 - Saleen S7R
  • Ferruccio 57 v12 - Ferrari Maranello 575 GTC

Link to purchase car pack

Event details:
  • Track: Okayama GP
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 21C Air / 26C Track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Casper going for the balls of eagle trophy this week I see :D

@Enzo Fazzi @eN1xes

Did you guys spend much time on the setup, to try and improve the traction, or just wing it? Reckon it would be worth spending time at or is it just how it is with the viper?

Last edited:
no i always test things on the official practice before the race but the weekend with the viper i wasnt able to do the practice only the qualy and i broke the entire default setup by putting 80% on coast and high wings wasnt able to do a single corner understeer like no tomorrow and when i was trying to open the gas the car was a wild horse

no i always test things on the official practice before the race but the weekend with the viper i wasnt able to do the practice only the qualy and i broke the entire default setup by putting 80% on coast and high wings wasnt able to do a single corner understeer like no tomorrow and when i was trying to open the gas the car was a wild horse

Oh that's a bad combo! I guess it will be tricky to setup if it also has an understeer issue.

At least the potential is still there to make a setup that works :)

Last edited:
Casper going for the balls of eagle trophy this week I see :D

@Enzo Fazzi @eN1xes

Did you guys spend much time on the setup, to try and improve the traction, or just wing it? Reckon it would be worth spending time at or is it just how it is with the viper?
Didn't spend too much time on that setup either, it has about as much traction as you'll get out of it. That V10 engine has a lot of torque, some wheelspin is inevitable.

Attachments

• VIP_R_NURB_V002.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 39
I have been working on the setup for the Saleen. By softening the front I am able to get rid of some of the understeer. Also playing with the toe in helps. Its a work in progress. I just want a car I can drive for an hour without to many trips on the grass!
Thanks for the tip Pat, tried the Saleen today and struggling with front end. And yeah, ditto the bolded bit :D

When I tested this a few times before you can get 18l l of fuel in during the tyre change window. Thats with the Saleen.
Thanks Tim, just tried with 25ltrs and was 2 - 3 seconds over the tyre change so that makes sense :thumbsup:

Tyres are 'interesting' with this beastie. softs showing 6 laps useful life, meds 10 and hards for 20...

Thanks Tim, just tried with 25ltrs and was 2 - 3 seconds over the tyre change so that makes sense :thumbsup:

Tyres are 'interesting' with this beastie. softs showing 6 laps useful life, meds 10 and hards for 20...

The mediums lasted ok for a one stop at barcelona. Should be similar here.. They wear fast at first and then steady out. Could be why the app is saying 6 laps. Protyres? The most difficult laps are around 4 or 5 in when you still have the big fuel load, traffic is heavy and the grippier outer layer has been scrubbed off the tyres. My feel of it anyway!

Latest News

Back