AC RSS GT-M(GT3) @ Spa - 2 x Sprint - Sunday 9th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Those were two exciting races today with a lot of great fights. After qualifying, I thought that I might be able to win a race, since there were no superaliens at the start either. But a terrible mistake I made at a really inappropriate part of the track pushed that thought aside. Sorry to all whose races I ruined by this. Absolutely my fault. Congratulations to the winners.

And to say it again: Awesome cars! :thumbsup:

Not my best racing today, but not my worst. Pushed a bit too hard in the end, but had some good little fights inbetween me trying to keep my tires under 100 degree :roflmao: Really nice cars. Despite being GT3s, they keep you on your toes

Well done Richard, Brian, Paul and everyone else. Thanks for hosting these again Brian, and everyone for showing up and the good racing!

@Interslice Just tried out that Hockenheimring 1988 track with the RSS Endurance cars (and the free URD Merc CLR), really fun :thumbsup: Never drove that before, but according to Wikipedia, this track in this layout was driven by the FIA GT championship 1997-99, so these (or the RSS GT cars) can be "period correct" :geek:

Curious to see what you pick for next week after all your track testing :thumbsup:

I have always struggled to get any real pace out of the Kunos GT3 selection but these beauties from RSS seem to work for me.:)

I got lucky in the first race and drove straight through the carnage on lap 1 at Radillon to sit behind Richard in P2 for several laps, but with Brian recovering it was always going to be difficult to hang onto that lofty position.
Brian got by when I got out of shape at Stavelot, (it was strange as at the same time point in both races my tyres went through a weird period of understeer and then recovered) and then it was a matter of keeping Carsten off my tail to hang on for the final podium spot.

Starting from P3 in race 2, I didn’t have much hope of repeating my race 1 result with some very fast drivers behind me but again, a good start and steady opening laps had me firmly in P3 after Brian went wide at Les Fagnes and then got by again with a better drive up the Kemmel straight into Les Coombs.

Robert was going to catch me but he was another casualty of Eau Rouge and then it was Hank’s turn to close in but he ran out of laps.
So two third places and well pleased with that in these great cars, more please Brian!
Well done Richard and Brian on your results and also well done all for making this a great event, especially Carsten for keeping me on my toes for much of the time.
Finally thanks Brian for organising, these RSS mods are superb and the whole event was very realistic. :thumbsup:

I have to admit that "another GT3 at Spa" (in a disaproving Chris Haye voice) was better racing and more fun than expected :cool:

This was my first ever GT3 online race and I may even do that again :inlove:

So, Mr Racedirector, Sir, what´s next?

Now that I had to spend money for cars let´s do something with it :D
(and I can´t comment on how lovely this things drive because first time aso, but I like the optics and love the sounds)

PS.

What is that occasional sound as you brake for slow corners in the Lamborghini??

Like a warning buzzer alarm going off.:O_o:

It is the transmission sound. Quite annoying!

Attached is a modified GUIDs.txt sound file that replaces that sound with the transmission sound from the Meyer. Make a safe copy of the file and copy the new file here...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\rss_gtm_lanzo_v10\sfx

Attachments

• GUIDs.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Sorry to disapoint but the L25 really does not agree with me.

A "twerky butt" I can handle, I even like it, but this pure refusal "to stay the line" and constant washing out midcorner puts my limited driving skills over the edge.
i know what you mean Carsten, I just go into this type of race with the view of how many laps can i survive without coming off attitude, every lap completed is a winner for me.

It sort of takes the hopelessness of it all away, I don't practice much, just enough to get around the circuit and iron out all the anomalies, and take it as it comes and hope for the best.:)

Same with these RSS gt3 cars, i find them heavy and unwieldy, but most here seem to like them. just the way it goes.;)

Not my best racing for sure. My pace was quite good in qualy, but I couldn't seem to find my rhythm. My first race was ruined by a spin in Eau Rouge/Radillion.

I thought my second race was going to be better. To paraphrase Martin Brundle, I put ambition ahead of adhesion, and sent one up the inside of Ernie at Blanchimont. My apologies for all the races I ruined there.

Other than my shortcomings, the racing was excellent. Great cars, great tracks and format. Thanks to Brian for organizing!

i know what you mean Carsten, I just go into this type of race with the view of how many laps can i survive without coming off attitude, every lap completed is a winner for me.

It sort of takes the hopelessness of it all away, I don't practice much, just enough to get around the circuit and iron out all the anomalies, and take it as it comes and hope for the best.:)

So you are the bigger man ( probably not literally :p)

I take this things way too seriously and treat every simcrash as if I had crashed my roadcar ( almost)
So there is alot of time ( and sweat itm) in my preparation.

Same with these RSS gt3 cars, i find them heavy and unwieldy, but most here seem to like them. just the way it goes.;)
Exactly my first impression, but this time I found the motivation to adapt and overcome.
I´m warming up to Bayer ( owned some of his lesser siblings)

Those were two exciting races today with a lot of great fights. After qualifying, I thought that I might be able to win a race, since there were no superaliens at the start either. But a terrible mistake I made at a really inappropriate part of the track pushed that thought aside. Sorry to all whose races I ruined by this. Absolutely my fault. Congratulations to the winners.

And to say it again: Awesome cars! :thumbsup:

That was unfortunate Hank. I was following you close, not expecting you to do a big wobble up the hill.
I lifted initially, hit the brakes, hit you and somehow came out of it all in P3 :confused:.

Had a great battles for the rest of the race. First with Paul and then Richard. Got Richard on the last lap of race 1 but he upped it a gear and a level in the second and I couldn't repeat the result in race 2.

Thanks to all for racing! See you for the next one!!

@Interslice Just tried out that Hockenheimring 1988 track with the RSS Endurance cars (and the free URD Merc CLR), really fun :thumbsup: Never drove that before, but according to Wikipedia, this track in this layout was driven by the FIA GT championship 1997-99, so these (or the RSS GT cars) can be "period correct" :geek:

Curious to see what you pick for next week after all your track testing :thumbsup:

That URD car looks a good shout. Tried it last night and it's fairly GT3ish to drive. We'll go with a dip into that weird grey area Proto-GT era mish mash at hockenheim next week, for something different.

Agree with that Ernie, they seem to lack the character of the Kunos cars - almost too easy, though bad (handling) feedback.

Maybe I've been unlucky, have only paid for 3 'packs' (apart from donations to modders) mainly 'cos they looked good, but never found them better than Kunos or a good modder that's OK with a few coffee's.

Last edited:
I think under braking I like the RSS cars better. They have a bit more feel to them imho vs Kunos cars, which seem more stamp it and pray on my G27 :p

I like the RSS lambo a lot (it sounds great), but I'm undecided if I feel like it replaces the Kunos one for me. Feels like theres a slight bite missing, but that may be more "realistic"?

I'm happy with the upgraded merc, sounds great and finally has that drop down spoiler :inlove:, but it seems a bit twitchier over the curbs and without the option to tune the diff power (is that not an option anymore on 2023 GT3s?) I really notice the tail heavy nature of it. Need more testing :geek:

The BMW as others have said, feels really nice through the mid corner and it doesn't have a kunos sibling. Nice to add a newerish car to the grid.

I felt the RSS cars were easier to take raidillian flat out, maybe they have a bit more "aero" feel vs the kunos?

Happy to try a refreshed GT3 grid though :thumbsup:

I'm happy with the upgraded merc, sounds great and finally has that drop down spoiler :inlove:, but it seems a bit twitchier over the curbs and without the option to tune the diff power (is that not an option anymore on 2023 GT3s?) I really notice the tail heavy nature of it. Need more testing :geek:
Ye they have a fixed power and coast under the regs.
Preload can only do so much for a car that gets stuck with a poor diff setup.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back