AC RSS GT-M (GT3) @ Jarama - Sunday 13th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had great pace on the practice server and in practice but I was strangely 0.5 secs off in qualifying and started 7th.

A poor T1 saw me tap Richard (sorry about that) but I came off worse and lost a few places.

Was holding a good position until a spin at the last corner saw me drop to 11th. I though a decent finish was lost but held out for a late pitstop and somehow managed to come out in 5th. So I can only imagine that those ahead had issues.

Had Brian up my backside for the last ten minutes of intense racing. He was faster down the straight but he needed to be within half a second to make a pass. On the last lap he make a lunge into T1 but out braked himself and I hung on to 5th.

Thanks for the racing guys.

Please consider supporting the two rookie events this week. If you have mates who might be interested then let them know. You don't need a premium account so it's a free intro into our world. Cheers

Last edited:
Nice race last night again fellas. Enjoyed the last block of weeks in these cars.

Had a decent start but made an error trying to close up to Hank and Richard to try and get some podium crumbs.. Put me back in the mixer and had some nice battles with Colin and @Kek700. Ran out of laps to get past Colin , it came down to one chance and I stuffed it up!! You can really feel the drag hit the car when you pull out from the BMWs slipstream! The bumpy braking zone, combined with going a touch to late to the anchors and it gave Colin the old switcheroo.

Thanks to all for racing and congrats to the podium. Usual suspects!!
See you at the next one! For better or worse it we are in touring cars for 2 weeks, before coming back to some GT stuff.

Crew Chief should tell you to pit if you're low on fuel. So if you haven't installed that then I'd highly recommended it.
Thanks Colin. I have Crew Chief. But I was distracted and completely ignored what Jim was saying (not sure if you noticed in my race report :)). It appeared at my stage of sim racing development, not only I haven't gotten over with tunnel vision, but also suffered from tunnel hearing :roflmao:

It also may have something to do with how I responded to Jim's fuel up waring in practice runs. Whenever that happens while I practice, I would just drive over the finish line to record the time, then teleport to box. I will have to change that habit and actually pull into the pits going forward.

Latest News

Back