AC RSS GT-M (GT3) @ Jarama - Sunday 13th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Glad I found this GT mercer car and very happy to be back at this track again, been here with the Multiclass MX5.

Rss Car feels/sounds great, I like it when cars give me a feeling that I'm actually racing a car.

PB'd on the practice server earlier on, couldn't get that pace again here in practice, qualy or race, but it was very enjoyable. Like others said, can't lose focus here, it will get you, just one tiny bit of an inch too wide at the last sharp right hander and getting back on the track is quite impossible. But the few times I got it right, it felt great. Quite pleased with this race, although I made one or two mistakes too much, I haven't killed others, which is a thing that still scares me the most. Hit Reik once after he spun in turn one, just barely couldn't avoid brushing his nose. After that I had to work even harder to keep Ernie (and Reik) off my tail. Broke down under pressure a few laps later, missing my brake point. Lost some positions there.

Near the end I flew into a large cloud of smoke in turn three in which I saw the scared eyes of Reik again, facing oposite track direction, but now I could avoid him. I believe Fulvio who was on my tail couldn't, but not shure about that.

Anyways, it was a bonus I had some time to race on a sunday night, can't do that most other sundays unfortunately. This GT-racing is what I like the most, even though I like the good fun of the Multiclass and the F-Agile championships as well. Hope I can make it to more of the GT-races.

Thanks Brian and congrats to the podium!

Last edited:
What a crazy race!

Took caution in the first lap, didn't want to pick any fight so I can finished the race in a decent position so let a few people pass. The next lap some commotion going on ahead, and came up to a bunch of cars into turn four, missed my braking point, punted Carsten off the track. Sorry Carsten! I slowed down (not by much as he handled the off track excursion most adroitly) and continued after him.

Then I got into a nice fight with Rooney for the ensuing 20 laps or so. I was able to barely stay ahead. Then into turn 4 he made this crazy dive bomb and just T-boned me. I was kinda mad and really wanted to get my position back. Then next lap I probably went a little too deep into turn 8 and punted him off the track. I waited for him to get going. With all these going on, I completely ignored Jim. When he peel off into the pits, I was still fuming and wanted to pass him back on the track.

It also triggered me to look at my fuel. F***, 1.8L:mad: I pulled to the right and jammed on brake, still missed the pit entry. For a moment I thought of backing up but quickly decided against it and pushed the Box button. As my tire got changed and fuel filled, I was think, hmm, can't be this easy there got to be a penalty or something. I was thinking may 30 seconds. But nope, lily pop was up and I could go. When I took turn one, something didn't feel right. The car just didn't feel the same. In the following turns I tried to figure out what was going on, a sense of deja vu was upon me. I pressed on, losing must be couple seconds a lap plus going off track a couple of times fighting the car. Pretty soon I was just hoping to be done with the race. As I check to see the time remining and fuel left, I realized the problem. With 10 minutes to go I still had almost 60L of fuel! So when you box, you get what ever the fuel you start plus the pit stop. I guess that is a fair penalty :roflmao:

The learning continues...

Thanks Brian for organizing the race! Your track selection is impeccable! I can't wait to find out where we go next. Need to redeem myself:roflmao:

Last edited:
Nice race today gents. Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. As always, thanks for hosting and organizing Brian. Must say, wasn't crazy about the track at first, the corners seemed awkward and disjointed (especially the last one) but eventually warmed up to it and found it fairly enjoyable.

I'm always just pleased to make it through an almost hour long race on such a technical track without spinning and/or going off once, today was no exception. Especially after seeing all the yellow flags out there! Just one shout out apology to Ronny, who was tailing me pretty close and I suppose I brake checked him, because the next thing I saw was him in my mirrors flying off into the grass at that nasty Portago curve.

Starting at the back with Fulvio, I went ahead and let him take all the glory :D and I was happy to wind up in 11th. I'll take it!

See you at the next one!

What a crazy race!

Took caution in the first lap, didn't want to pick any fight so I can finished the race in a decent position so let a few people pass. The next lap some commotion going on ahead, and came up to a bunch of cars into turn four, missed my braking point, punted Carsten off the track. Sorry Carsten! I slowed down (not by much as he handled the off track excursion most adroitly) and continued after him.

Then I got into a nice fight with Rooney for the ensuing 20 laps or so. I was able to barely stay ahead. Then into turn 4 he made this crazy dive bomb and just T-boned me. I was kinda mad and really wanted to get my position back. Then next lap I probably went a little too deep into turn 8 and punted him off the track. I waited for him to get going. With all these going on, I completely ignored Jim. When he peel off into the pits, I was still fuming and wanted to pass him back on the track.

It also triggered me to look at my fuel. F***, 1.8L:mad: I pulled to the right and jammed on brake, still missed the pit entry. For a moment I thought of backing up but quickly decided against it and pushed the Box button. As my tire got changed and fuel filled, I was think, hmm, can't be this easy there got to be a penalty or something. I was thinking may 30 seconds. But nope, lily pop was up and I could go. When I took turn one, something didn't feel right. The car just didn't feel the same. In the following turns I tried to figure out what was going on, a sense of deja vu was upon me. I pressed on, losing must be couple seconds a lap plus going off track a couple of times fighting the car. Pretty soon I was just hoping to be done with the race. As I check to see the time remining and fuel left, I realized the problem. With 10 minutes to go I still had almost 60L of fuel! So when you box, you get what ever the fuel you start plus the pit stop. I guess that is a fair penalty :roflmao:

The learning continues...

Thanks Brian for organizing the race! Your track selection is impeccable! I can't wait to find out where we go next. Need to redeem myself:roflmao:
There is a BIG penalty for teleporting to pits--you lose a lap! With only 1.8 liters in the tank though, seems like you didn't have much choice.... Bummer. Yes, there are take away lessons from every race... Hang in there, it will start to come together.... That's what I tell myself anyway :D

There is a BIG penalty for teleporting to pits--you lose a lap! With only 1.8 liters in the tank though, seems like you didn't have much choice.... Bummer. Yes, there are take away lessons from every race... Hang in there, it will start to come together.... That's what I tell myself anyway :D
Aha, I figure there got to be some penalty in addition to self inflicted 86L fuel fill up. Next time I will add a third pit strategy of no fuel, and use my new found knowledge selecting that before teleporting to box:roflmao:

Last edited:
Aaahh, nothing better than losing 90% of a lap due to needing to teleport :poop:
I always loved it, when I had to do it...
About fuel: I'm using my old cheap phone now as a simhub dashboard and my fuel level first changes color from white over, yellow to red and starts blinking when I only have 2 laps left.
Maybe @cerebralvortex could code us something into his fuel app to start blinking too?

Another great race tonight. Great drive Robert. You can do that by car. Fulvio number one, as always, no matter what car. And I had a great duel with Richard. Sorry for the brutal action during your pit exit. It shouldn't be like that.

Great event as always!!! :)
Likewise, great race and very intense battle with you Hank for the entirety.

No problem with your attempt into turn 1 after my pit exit, I kind of felt you had to go for it with it being such a close battle for the final podium slot, and it was only a rub! Plus it added to the excitement! Overall great consistent racing from you that made for a really fun race.

Latest News

Back