AC RSS GT-M (GT3) @ Jarama - Sunday 13th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
acti.exe is on D drive
steam \ steamapps ect is on D drive
motec Projects is on my documents
i2 motec is on my C drive

Are your telemetry recordings showing on your hard drive? No

I must have done this half a dozen times, apart from the faff it has always worked.
I have also just done it on win 11 some months ago without a problem.

Last edited:
I have not done this?????

Just a quick note for users of MoTeC i2 v1.1 or later, you need to do the following:
= Click 'Open Existing Workspace'
= Click Import
= Set the file type to "i2 1.0 *.mtcprj"
= Select the Project.mtcprj from the ACTI Circuit Base directory

Certainly never had to do this before.

Last edited:
I have not done this?????

Just a quick note for users of MoTeC i2 v1.1 or later, you need to do the following:
= Click 'Open Existing Workspace'
= Click Import
= Set the file type to "i2 1.0 *.mtcprj"
= Select the Project.mtcprj from the ACTI Circuit Base directory

Certainly never had to do this before.
This part isn't needed!
Just double click my workspace you always used and it'll ask you for importing it :)
Or you copy your old folder completely and Motec doesn't even notice that it was ever uninstalled :D

@Ernie, if you are still having the same problem, I think the problem is what Rasmus said:
Are your telemetry recordings showing on your hard drive?
The udp time out is normal!
It's ONLY for when you want to record the telemetry to a different PC!
For the Acti configuration, you should have it set for localhost, I presume you are like most of us, logging the data to the same PC on which you are running AC.
If you don't have what Colin shows for Trigger 0 IP Address, that would be a sure indication of the problem.
These are my settings if it helps....

View attachment 686935
In the Acti installation guide, there is a section on setting this. I don't recall off hand where this was done. I can find it when I get home tonight.

Last edited:
This is so confusing, i am doing exactly what I have always done with acti.
everything works in AC i have acti.exe in the d: drive it seems to all work as it should, return to the pits, nothing, no screen blanking, just as though it is doing nothing, which it is?? look in the acti telemetry , nothing.

localhost is in trigger 1 ip address

i am getting that hopeless feeling where you keep thinking, i found it, go into AC do half a lap, go to the pits, nothing.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Screenshot (2).png

Oh great :rolleyes:, now we're driving the same equipment, as if the racing wasn't close enough already ;):D

Loving the mercedes recently. Maybe it's the track choice or just enough time in seat, but I never knew braking w/abs in a GT3 car could be so fun :)
I drove the BMW because I'm addicted to the sound. Like a perfect machine, merciless, emotionless. I could listen all day.

But when I saw how fast you were in the last race, I thought I had to try the Mercer again.

Also sounds great by the way. :thumbsup:

I think it might have something to so with clicking "connect" and checking "Auto connection enabled"? :p

Isso!
It was an incorrect setup , when I got it right I just drove for a few metres and came into the pits, of course that did not work, changed something which made it wrong, did a full lap and of course it did not work. This went on and on, but I was slowly getting to understand some things in the process. Eventually I got around to putting your work sheet into MoTec, and eventually downloading the latest variant of MoTeC. Then I kept the MoTeC setup, and completely got rid of everything to do with acti, reloaded it from scratch, making sure everything was methodically in the right place, this time did a full lap , and to my surprise every thing worked.

It was a handful of variables all working against one and another and an idiot in charge of it all.

This is so confusing, i am doing exactly what I have always done with acti.
everything works in AC i have acti.exe in the d: drive it seems to all work as it should, return to the pits, nothing, no screen blanking, just as though it is doing nothing, which it is?? look in the acti telemetry , nothing.

localhost is in trigger 1 ip address

i am getting that hopeless feeling where you keep thinking, i found it, go into AC do half a lap, go to the pits, nothing.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
The half lap is killing you. The other way to tell without going a full lap and checking in MoTec is to turn on the acti status app and make sure the light is green:)

Ob boy, good thing I checked the signup link I pasted for Ronny -- found out I was not on the roaster. I thought we need only sign up once for the series. It wouldn't be funny if I showed up on Sunday only to find I had not registered. I hope everyone else know they need to register again. We have only half the people as last race at Road America.

Latest News

Back