AMS2 Rookies | P3 @ Kyalami - Friday April 22, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Thanks, hope I don't fall too far behind ...this will be my first online race.

You're in good company Tim, this will only be my third session with RD and my first ever AMS2 race. I'm expecting to end up about 4 postcodes behind everyone else!

At the very least, the two of us can have fun cutting grass at the back :D

And I will be behind you then… don’t worry, there’s no pressure to be one of the fast guys.

Races are real fun and helpful to learn the ropes… this will be my 4th online race… I usually fight my way to last place :)

I have two speeds now though really slow… and the new one just slow :)

Wave as you lap me!

The great thing is, as you race with us you'll get tips and tricks, learn some quirky things. Laugh while being on Discord, find other(s) at the same level, and have fun together!

And that is the whole point of club racing! :) Have fun out there! :)

@MarkModdy 15-16 years ago while doing karting, I did actually wave at a friend of mine when I lapped him. He was not amused :ninja:

Sorry Inspector (not sure what your forum name is) but you might want to check your connection. Are you on a wired connection? You are lagging really really bad :)

enjoyed tonight. thanks all for a cool and clean race. It was nice at the back LOL..

love those little cars, 1st time ever at the track though.. logged on and wondered where the historic track had gone. sort of found my way around after a while and had a blast.

thanks for organising that Bram.

Great race everyone. Good fun, wasn't quick enough to catch Chris and Bram and only just managed to keep Scott at bay at the end. Need to map a headlight button lol. Literally couldnt see last lap or two :roflmao:

What a fantastic looking game through that sunset transition. I nearly zoned out on the scenery a couple of times in the downhill section in sector 3.

Congratulations Andrew and podiums. Bram thanks for organizing these are great events. Maybe 30 mins race next time?

Edit: sorry for the tap on the start Bram I got away cleaner and bumped you. Hopefully it helped rather than hindered!

Last edited:
The great thing is, as you race with us you'll get tips and tricks, learn some quirky things. Laugh while being on Discord, find other(s) at the same level, and have fun together!

And that is the whole point of club racing! :) Have fun out there! :)

@MarkModdy 15-16 years ago while doing karting, I did actually wave at a friend of mine when I lapped him. He was not amused :ninja:
Well that was a rollercoaster, started quite well and got up to 13th, then pushed a bit too hard and spun and ended up last, caught up and spun again trying to push it too much again.
Hopefully will improve and stay facing the right way the next time.

Well that was a rollercoaster, started quite well and got up to 13th, then pushed a bit too hard and spun and ended up last, caught up and spun again trying to push it too much again.
Hopefully will improve and stay facing the right way the next time.
Sound very similar to my race… but that’s the fun, finding limits… playing in the gravel and then trying to push too hard again to catch up!

I didn’t visit every gravel trap for a change tonight… progress of a sort I expect!

Last edited:
What a car, what a track, what a setting. After severely impeding Bram on my quali outlap and starting towards the back, I actually managed to battle through the carnage, chasing for P11. Then the sun went down and my tyres fell off! I think I finished P15, I was too busy spinning off at every corner to notice where I was by the last lap :roflmao:

Thanks for a great race guys. Apologies to those with whom I traded paint - most of the time it was entirely my fault!

PS: Kyalami at sunset is gorgeous.

Thanks Bram great fun… it’s quiet at the back, but had a little bit of a battle this time (sorry to the driver who I ran up the back of)
Hi Mark, it was me that you ran into... no problem mate. As mentioned I had a great race. Only spun once I think. Stated at the back and made a few places, had some good racing too. Improved a lot. AC, AMS2 etc are new to me. Always been a GPL, GT Legends & PnG racer so the newer sims are really impressive. Recently built a better PC so can now enjoy the newer stuff. Online with a friendly like minded bunch is what Sim racing is all about.

Question for the front runners, did you have specific setups for the race as it seems I could have done with more downforce as some others seemed to be able to corner tigher/faster.

Latest News

Back