RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its open :) There is a practice server online called RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI with an extended practice session so you can get used to the physics changes that came with the latest v1.2 game upgrade.

Please enter with default skins only so others can join in as well

It is a request, we are here in brazil in Day light saving, so we are closer to you european times, and that means that we can race in Weekdays, until Middle February when DL savings end.

So my request is to make RDMCC S7 between December and February, this is the only part of the year we can race in weekdays.

Thx

Hard to tell at Taruma as its such a mental on-edge track. Nothing noticeable. Although my wheel has changed how it feels since upgrading to W8 so who knows, maybe it is different!

I'm a little late with my race report - it took some time to become sober after the Afterrace-Party :whistling:

Once again I could only hardly mange to get an starting position in the top10. This time I had to start from the 9th position into the first race and had a good getaway, so that i gained two positions before the first corner. In the next lap I followed my rivals of the top5-places in the championship, Silent-Killer Mark Gormley, Tamas Foth and Jordi Casademunt. I had hoped that I would be able to pass them, especially after Mark and Tamas got involved in a nice fight for positions. But sadly I was braking too late for the final corner and made an excursion on the meadow. Remco de Wildt and Nik Hughes could pass me in this situation and I had to watch out for Anthony Levene, who also tried to profit from my mistake. Luckily I could defend myself against him for the first minutes, but in this situation we lost a lot of time and the connection to Remco and Nik. Vinicius Ferreira joined our fight, which doesn't improve our laptimes. So my teammate Eric Andersson managed to join our group for even more action. Well in the end I totally lost my rhythm while fighting and felt back slowly to the 12th position. I don't know why but my concentration was somehow gone and I overbreaked my MINI once again in the final corner. But this time with even worse consequences, as poor Heidi ended in the tire-barrier.

Luckily my team managed to fix the damage before the start of the second race, at which I had now a promising 8th place on the grid. I had some minutes left for getting my concentration together again with another beer - thats no doping here in germany, we define it as a staple food.
:thumbsup:

Standing on the grid for the second race i had to realize, that some of those drivers in front of me retired before the start, so i was actually fourth after the lights turned to green. I wanted to pass the remaining drivers in front of me as soon as possible, so that i will be able to increase my gap to the top-drivers, while they have to fight through the midfield. I was able to outbrake Christopher Hall-Nelson already in the second lap and instantly could put some pressure on Dave Begley, who was letting me through some corners later. Now I was chasing Neil Harvey for the lead. I could use the first opportunity to pass him and took the lead on the 5th lap. But Neil showed a good pace and was able to follow me in the slipstream. This was actually not bad for me, because I was forced to keep absolutelly focused. Meanwhile Jimi Hughes was muscling through the field and reached the third place. Of course he was able to do better laptimes then me and I was realizing that I now have to increase my pace, when I want to maintain the chance for a victory. Jimi soon passed Neil and continued his pursuit race. But my small gap was enough for those last laps and when Heidi and me finished the last lap, I was almost falling out the window due to my ecstatic cheering.
:D

This was my very first win on another circuit then the Nordschleife and a real pleasure. Now what do with that? I dedicate it to all MINI drivers around the world, MINI Team Nordschleife and of course the real Heidi.

Thanks for all congratulations. And I just have to say it once again: thanks for racing, complimants to all competitors, the organisation and the broadcast-team.

That would make a hell of a race if that was possible Jordi Casademunt especially if the top of the standings are really close.

Btw: one thing that will be re-introduced into our leagues is an active team championship besides the driver championship. As we have sorted our league management system issues it should be easy again to add this feature that many have missed in the last two years.

Also now Reiza given us the option again to make proper pitstops longer races can be considered as well.

Tried a couple of laps in Jacarepagua so I could have a reference, but my driving was a bit sloppy. It didn't seem to be any differences, to be honest.

Tested a couple of laps in Taruma, but with the default pressures it's hard to get good laps, so I'll have to tweak them asap. Going into a drift everytime I look at the wheel is fun though.

And overtaking here will be hell. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back