RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Jacarepagua, the last time we met I ended up on my roof, and I haven't had an incident free event since Interlagos, so my intention this evening was to hang on for dear life. I didn't expect to continue my run of top 10 qualifications with the new quick chaps on the grid, but surprised myself with a 7th place. Ahead of Nik Hughes and Remco de Wildt. The only other time this season this has happened was Curitiba, and I spent the last half of the race hanging on by my fingernails while these two pushed me home, but surely that wouldn't happen twice.

GRAB_007.jpg

Off the start then and I manage to pick up a place, while admiring Herr Andreas Pfannschmidt 's move around the outside.

GRAB_008.jpg

Tamás Fóth loses some momentum and let's me duck underneath him with plenty of space.

GRAB_009.jpg

Not long after, he pulls the old 'slow in, fast out' routine to get alongside into the quick left hander. That's the last I see of him as my attempts to keep up have me chewing the front right tyre until I've got some rather unpleasant understeer.

GRAB_010.jpg

Towards the end then and the Hughes-de Wildt posse bear down on me yet again, only this time I can't use my slipstream to play them against each other so the pressure is even worse than it was at Curitiba. I manage to hang onto 6th due to some bad luck on Remco's part.

GRAB_011.jpg

Off and running for race 2, and this time I brake straight and true into turn 2 and put the car in 3rd gear before the turn in, keep a constant speed through the first half of it and squeeze the power on around the back. This seems to keep the tyre in better shape than squealing in too fast on full lock, to no surprise.

GRAB_012.jpg

Managed to bring the car home in 6th again, getting back onto a more consistent form, and thanks to a clean run, it's off to the final round with one dropped score in hand. Surprised to see that only 8 of us still have that luxury.

Morten Wernersen

Well, at some point I thought you even bumped into me intentionally, that's how pissed I was. Ah well, now I'm a bit more relaxed so no worries. It's actually ironic that if I hadn't left so much room between us, it probably would have been just a small bump without any consequences.

Anyway, race incident I guess. But that's 5/10 I get involved in a bad incident, not a good statistic.

Pfffffftttttt...... I misjudged the summer/winter time and had 21:00 dutch time start of official practise in my head. when I came back after putting my kids to bed it was 20:55 and saw "Warm up 5:21". I was like HUH????? And than it came to me!! :D
So I had missed the qualy totally, so had to start from the back. :D
Had a great race and loads of fun. Got a love tab here and there but all clean and fair. Started as 36th(?) and came in 22nd.

2Nd race my pace was slower. I started as 12th after 2 laps I was 6th... Had aliens passing by and dropped back to 11th when Jari passed me and going into the last corner I missed my braking point and dropped to 22nd. Drove to 20th, made a mistake again an finially came in 23rd.
Had loads of fun! :) Thank yo Bram and RD, looking forward to the final round. :).

a few words from me: very happy about Q and Race 1, unhappy to have crashed out by an own mistake in Race 2 :(

Race 1 was a nice one with Dan, I was studying him and thought I had a chance to get him in the last lap, as he was well earlier on the brakes into turn 1 than me - but then the race was suddenly finished after 25 minutes and the +1 didn't happen. But anyway, P2 at the debut is a good result for me :)

hope to be able to race in Taruma as well, and I won't be waiting so long for an attack there :D

We have a couple of dedicated servers running. Please join them with your normal mini cooper skins that are default in the game. Otherwise other players get booted :)

Once the password is up we can run our league skins again.

Well, im not sure where to start?

Qualified 19 or 17th for first race, was battling it out intensely with 4 guys, very close racing and very clean, a fap minor taps but that happens :)

Race2 - i really did drive like a damm idiot, and i tapped to many driver's, im sorry again stefan for that mishap (damm suspension damage).

David Cuthill Looking at the replay, I've mad a braking mistake.

It all started in T1, when the car infront of me, braked early. I when on the gras and came back next to you. We were in a fight, you got infront of me. Then coming to the braking point. My car wasn't in a straight line yet, so I braked a bit later and got in contact with your car.

Sorry for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back