RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to anyone i got in the way of. no practise and forgot to turn on ABS for Qulay and R1 (haven't driven these cars since R2).

Q: No time
R1: Was all over the place, decided to retire with about 10 mins left, before causing anyone any grief, then got disconnected whilst watching the action up front(my isp).
R2: I tried to get back in many many times after reboot but it always said "Current session closed". Never seen that before?

Congrats to the podium dudes :thumbsup:

Joined the qualy just in time (3mins gone), p4 or 5 good enough without warmup for the qualy.

R1: Lost 2 position in the first laps, had a tough fight with Mark(Gormley) to retake one of them. He kept close to me, just like i did it with Jordi. I was pushing as hard as i could but Jordi did the same, and the gap was the same (1,5-2 sec) in the last 15mins. Good race, not wheel to wheel, but it required full concentration.

R2:i made a stupid mistake in lap2, race over :) i think i didn t hit anybody, but if i did im sorry :redface:

Well done for the winners!

edit: thx for the organizers, and to the broadcast team!

What a race. WHAT A RACE. Had a networking drink before the race. Biked home in the rain, logged in with 14 seconds to go.. Started last, drove my best race ever. Car felt so good.

R1 got pushed of, my car damaged, side by side with a TBR, braking. We tough. Sorry. It didn't look like a hard one for me, but the yellow TBR went of in a straight line..

Had thunder outside, was hard to concentrate. Had a great battle with Bruce.

Nice track, felt like dancing.

Hope you enjoyed this event.

Where was Bram?

A round to forget...

On paper I thought this track would be infinitely better than the last two, turns out the ones I don't think I'll like are the ones I do well at, and the ones I should like I have a 'mare...

Qualified 8th, which was probably a little better than I'd expected given that I couldn't get turn two or the final corner right despite MANY laps practice. Was caught out at the start as I'd thought even on the 4th row that I would be able to see the lights. I couldn't and I got away badly, then got mugged at T1 and ended up 11th at the end of the first lap. Managed to fight back, after having a great scrap with Remco it became apparent that we'd both do better if we weren't scrapping so hard. Backed off a little, and the two of us caught Mark Gormley - my main rival for 3rd in the championship - who I finally got to dice with on track, 9 races into the championship. Slipped past Remco as he made a mistake, and had a good scrap with Mark right up to the flag. 7th in the end probably about right.

Race 2 was horrible. Found this track a lot more difficult to overtake at than the last two, which surprised me no end. Almost had Dan Allinson in the wall on lap 2, which wasn't a plan to help my teammate, honest ;) if anything it helped him, as I was a lot less aggressive in defending after that, in case he thought the wall squeeze was deliberate! Really struggled all race - pretty much every other reverse grid, I've managed to get near the front early on and not had to endure too much rough and tumble, this time I wasn't so lucky. Wasn't enjoying the track, and couldn't find any pace. As in race one, I couldn't get myself away from Remco, and we had another tough race-long battle which was good fun. Ended up 12th, my worst result of the season other than my last-lap engine blow out at Interlagos but still just about 3rd in the championship, just ahead of Mr Gormley. We may not be the main attraction going into the final round, but it should be a good fight between the two of us and Andy Pfannschmidt for 3rd!

Q: 8th
R1: 7th
R2: 12th

Thanks again RD and Bram especially for sacrificing his place on the grid for the broadcast, which I look forward to viewing later (the less of me on screen, the better ;) )

Alright, lets write a bit.

Qualifying: Quite a good session. I managed to pull a good time in my second or third lap, and couldn't improve it, but it was enough for 3rd behind Dan Allinson and Michael Braeutigam.

Race 1: Dan Allinson is a cheater and moved his car foward before the lights were off! Just joking, but I was already laughing at that point. The launch was good, I managed to keep 3rd although Jimi Hughes started attacking right away. We had a couple of side-by-side moments, but by lap 2 he was already ahead. I tried to avoid making mistakes so Mark Gormley wouldn't overtake me, but I almost forgot how to drive and Jimi got away. Then Tamás Fóth got through and started putting pressure on me. I did my best to keep the gap, but the last lap I put a wheel on the grass when braking and almost lost it, Tamás got closer, but I kept the position. I was closing the gap with Jimi a bit, so perhaps with less mistakes I would have caught him. Anyway, 4th position which is my best position this season, so I was pretty happy.

Race 2: Well, I started 30th, and couldn't see the lights or hear the start sequence. So my start was pretty bad. Dan Allinson passed me, and Jimi Hughes did it in T1, then Michael Braeutigam got through in T2/3. I took it easy since I didn't want to ruin my race, and in the second lap I gained 7 position mainly from incidents. Then I tried to pass Mike Bishop in the pit straight but he defended a bit too late and bumped me. Nothing serious, but "All the time you have to leave a space". Oh well, Minis. I kept gaining positions, and when I overtook Matt Venn for 15th in T2, I think he got a bit sideways and ended hitting me. Up to this point, I think it had been my best Race 2 so far.

But then I went to overtake Morten Wernersen for 14th, and he moved left very aggressively, bumping into me and sending me against the wall. I went back to track, but the car wouldn't turn left and I pushed Remco de Wildt, luckily without any consecuences. Then I tried to go into the pits, but I couldn't brake at all, and I crashed into the tyres. I finally went into the pits, repaired, and got out 2 laps behind. So I did the only thing one can do in those cases, and started drifting every corner. Kevin Cordice was close, but I let him through so I wouldn't disturb him. And that was it, the race was over.

I'm obviously disappointed to end the race like that, even though at least it wasn't a retirement. But to get the best and the worst results of the championship in the same race, well, it leaves me frustrated.

On the other hand, I managed to be 4th just 2 seconds behind Jimi Hughes, qualified 3rd, and had a good race until the incident, so the night was again good overall. I just hope I can have a great night in Taruma.

Thanks to Bram Hengeveld and RaceDepartment for the championship, and to everyone who shows up for these races. Congratulations to Dan and Andy for their wins, and see you all in Taruma.

Lol Jordi I was very lucky i didn't get a drive through for that.

I went to the grid and with my Clubsports they automatically rev until i touch the pedal. I forgot completley about that and shifted it into gear and she jumped and I sat there thinking I hope know body saw that

Alright, lets write a bit.

Qualifying: Quite a good session. I managed to pull a good time in my second or third lap, and couldn't improve it, but it was enough for 3rd behind Dan Allinson and Michael Braeutigam.

Race 1: Dan Allinson is a cheater and moved his car foward before the lights were off! Just joking, but I was already laughing at that point. The launch was good, I managed to keep 3rd although Jimi Hughes started attacking right away. We had a couple of side-by-side moments, but by lap 2 he was already ahead. I tried to avoid making mistakes so Mark Gormley wouldn't overtake me, but I almost forgot how to drive and Jimi got away. Then Tamás Fóth got through and started putting pressure on me. I did my best to keep the gap, but the last lap I put a wheel on the grass when braking and almost lost it, Tamás got closer, but I kept the position. I was closing the gap with Jimi a bit, so perhaps with less mistakes I would have caught him. Anyway, 4th position which is my best position this season, so I was pretty happy.

Race 2: Well, I started 30th, and couldn't see the lights or hear the start sequence. So my start was pretty bad. Dan Allinson passed me, and Jimi Hughes did it in T1, then Michael Braeutigam got through in T2/3. I took it easy since I didn't want to ruin my race, and in the second lap I gained 7 position mainly from incidents. Then I tried to pass Mike Bishop in the pit straight but he defended a bit too late and bumped me. Nothing serious, but "All the time you have to leave a space". Oh well, Minis. I kept gaining positions, and when I overtook Matt Venn for 15th in T2, I think he got a bit sideways and ended hitting me. Up to this point, I think it had been my best Race 2 so far.

But then I went to overtake Morten Wernersen for 14th, and he moved left very aggressively, bumping into me and sending me against the wall. I went back to track, but the car wouldn't turn left and I pushed Remco de Wildt, luckily without any consecuences. Then I tried to go into the pits, but I couldn't brake at all, and I crashed into the tyres. I finally went into the pits, repaired, and got out 2 laps behind. So I did the only thing one can do in those cases, and started drifting every corner. Kevin Cordice was close, but I let him through so I wouldn't disturb him. And that was it, the race was over.

I'm obviously disappointed to end the race like that, even though at least it wasn't a retirement. But to get the best and the worst results of the championship in the same race, well, it leaves me frustrated.

On the other hand, I managed to be 4th just 2 seconds behind Jimi Hughes, qualified 3rd, and had a good race until the incident, so the night was again good overall. I just hope I can have a great night in Taruma.

Thanks to Bram Hengeveld and RaceDepartment for the championship, and to everyone who shows up for these races. Congratulations to Dan and Andy for their wins, and see you all in Taruma.

Dammit you took that moment away from me:( thought you lost it under pressure :confused: due to my blistering race pace:whistling:

Would have had a blue flag anyways. Not that a penalty there would have done anything to my race xD

Lol Jordi I was very lucky i didn't get a drive through for that.

I went to the grid and with my Clubsports they automatically rev until i touch the pedal. I forgot completley about that and shifted it into gear and she jumped and I sat there thinking I hope know body saw that

True, that can be annoying some times. That's why I start in neutral, arcade style :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back