RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
finished 25th in race one, was as high as 21/22 for a while but faded, had some nice battles along the way

R2 started tenth but made a couple of moves and got up to 8th.. Turned into the left hander before the last corner, turned a bit too early and hobbled the kurb, not sure if ilost the backend or i got a tap (cnt check replay yet) so im guna go with me failing.. ended up slamming the wall hard, back end smashed right side smashed and wheeless. Race over

Cheers guys.

Race 1 took to the grid and no rfDynHud ! no info at all, pressed a few keys and I got a rev counter but that was all the info I had, no map, no placings, I just carried on and finished in 23rd, I think.
Race 2 same problem nothing but a rev counter. Took a knock on lap 1 and went on to the grass, no idea what position I was in just carried on.
My apologies to Claes Axelsson as I lost control on the last bend and collided with him, I got going again but when I came to the end of the straight I had no steering and just went straight on, into the tyre barrier, end of race 2.

Race 2 started on pole, again. Had a great battle trying to hold on to P1.
Then Hunter tried to overtake me on the straight. Again, I made the same move. Slowly I went to the right.
But then I saw Hunter fly of the track. Didn't mean to. Need to look at the replay.

Then the top 10 from race one found my mirror and it was hard to keep 'm behind.
At a point in the race I could battle back, I got on the dirt and spun. When I came back on the track, I got hit hard from behind, so hard my car got on fire.

Shame again, 2 DNF.

As you spun off, you came back onto the track just before the first corner. Looked like you didn't have control or if you did was at a snails pace. I had a car to my right and tried to swerve and go left (bad decision) and went into the back of you. Then you put 'idiot' into the chat box! :thumbsdown:

As you spun off, you came back onto the track just before the first corner. Looked like you didn't have control or if you did was at a snails pace. I had a car to my right and tried to swerve and go left (bad decision) and went into the back of you. Then you put 'idiot' into the chat box! :thumbsdown:

@Neil Harvey I'm sorry for calling you idioot, that was not right. Not right to chat during the race. Hope you accept my apology.

When driving to the straight I was being overtaken by two cars. But I got a slipstream so I made more speed and tried to back overtake the car infront of me. I got on the dirt on the right of the track and spun wile braking.

Again apology to you @Neil Harvey

Bad day at work, got home late and mad, couldn t perform as well as yesterday i tought i will.
I think i pushed Si Jebson deep into the first corner on the 2nd race, sorry for that! I had my unlucky moments too if the missing pace wouldn t be enough :/

Grats to all the podium guys! :thumbsup:

I doubt I'll fill a report, since I didn't see anything really report-worthy. Just some people who were a bit too agressive, me being a bit too agressive, and being unlucky. It might be a lag thing though, so I want to see the replay before I do a full report of the race.

Now that I've had dinner and relaxed a but, the race was again fun, but during the race I was pretty frustrated. Lots of door-to-door racing, so at least I got a good time out of it.

Edit: One thing I can say right now, sorry Lee Ross for the time I tapped you. Luckily it wasn't anything serious, but it was probably the scariest time I've ever had, driving behind you. Might be the lag, but I would see you brake suddenly, a lot faster than I could, before my own braking point, and I had to slam the brakes and pray.

About the incident I was involved in, I made a movie.

Incident 1, race 1 Kevin and I toughted. I might have went to the right why Kevin spun into me.

Incident 2, race 2 again as you can see on the onboard camera, I have my steering wheel straight and a little bit steering to the left at the end of the pitlane, before contact.

At 00:22 I was steering away from contact, as you can see there was the end of the pitlane so I gave room.

{modedit}
Video removed

I'm here to race for fun/fight, not to crash. If you think I was wrong, I will take full responsibility and will accept consequences may there be a penalty.

(donno why but the audio is crap in this video)

@Marco Bijl I am very sorry for nudging you off in Race 2 turn 1. I just watched the replay and I was nudged by one of the Nordschleife cars just before I hit the brakes and I went very deep into the corner. I thought I was about to end up fluking a hero move past you and Dan through no intention, but as I hit the kerb it bounced me across into you. I am very sorry if this hurt your race.

Report to follow after I enjoy the rest of the replay!

Lee Ross, race 2 I turned in on you, for that I apologise. I realy did not see you there but thats my problem, I should have been more awake. Please forgive me.:redface:
Mike no problem, **** happens. I thought i was ahead under braking and so didn't pull out, i presumed you knew i was there but oh well, the contact sent me into the wall and i was not quick enough to slam the clutch again and stalled i think, car was cream crackered anyway., would of only of got in peoples way. I need 3 screens badly as i refuse to use a crazy FOV and have to have it at 40 but with one screen i could not see if you had backed out or not.

Race one meh to that chicane man. Went to take jimi but man came off the throttle too fast and got a big bit of lift off overtseer. Had i not been beside jimi i would of slammed the throttle down to save it. But if i had done that, i would more of likely of clipped him and wiped him out.

Grats to both podiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back