RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
3) It looks like I pretty much caused Norman Bruce to spin and hit Eric Andersson? I'm sorry about that, I tried my best to keep the inside of the corner, but I guess I failed :thumbsdown:

No problem Jordi, I maybe should have left a little more room on the inside. Thought I was going to be ok but then Eric clipped me and I ended up facing the wrong direction, I lost about 10 places as the racing was so close. Just a racing incident as far as I'm concerned:thumbsup:.

Sorry for my early exit during race 2.
I had been unwell for a few days, and towards the end of race 1 I started shaking, so much so that in race 2 I couldn't see straight.

I thought about pulling out before the race, but we all know how hard it is to admit or failings and admit we aren't able to do something that would normally be a breeze to do, even if the results say otherwise, ( lol )

Really looking forward to race 3 though, doesn't matter where you are in the field, there's always great racing to be had.

One more thing, I'd like to say sorry to Stefan, who I tapped in the high speed chicane, which caused quite a bit of disruption.
Sorry to all who were caught up in that. I knew I wasn't well and shouldn't have been anywhere near my PC. I hope you who were affected managed to to have a good race non the less

Finally watched all of the broadcast, top work again by James and Bram, great commentary throughout the event despite the absence of Liam. Bring on the next one!!!

After the qualifying i found myself on the 16th position on the grid, which was okay for me. My teammate Eric Andersson had a better perfomance and reached an excellent 7th starting-position.

The first laps went really well and i was able to overtake a lot of contenders, including Eric. After that i had a really nice battle with Jordi Casademunt abouth the last position in the topten. After some position-changes i finally made it, but Eric was catching me up in the last laps. In the final one he passed me and i had not enough time to fight back. In my third RDMCC race this was the third time that i've lost a top-ten-finnish in the last laps. But this time there was no reason to be annoyed, because after all it was the first TopTen result of MINI Team Nordschleife. Great job Eric, you really have deserved this success!
;)

In the second race we had to start from 24th and 25th. My first laps went just marvellous and I climbed through the field up to the fifth position. I realized that this is the perfect chance to gain finally my first TopTen result, after i've failed on the three attempts before. There was not enough time to get nervous, because some of the top-drivers appeared in my mirrors. Actually i had no chance to hold this fifth place against Dan Allinson and Nik Hughes, but I was doing the best I can, to give them a suitable fight. A few times i managed some counter-attacks after they had passed me, but in the end it was not enough. Whatever, the 7th place is an absolutely unexpectet success for me and the team.

My teammate Eric was sadly pursued by bad luck in the second race. Let's hope for the next attempt

This time Heidi got no injuries, but was badly shaken on the curbstones. All that is necessary to prepare her for Portland will be some nice and thankfully words for her great perfomance.
:inlove:

Thanks to all contenders for this great racing, thanks for the excellent broadcast, the good organisation and the replay files. See you on track soon...

Im sorry Mat Venn. I should have left you more room.

I must admit i was really surprised by this .You knew i had the run on you as you had lost speed coming back on track . I went to go on the outside but you covered it so, i went inside and you wanted to cover that too :D.
I could see why it happened having already lost 2 spots on the last lap , you wasn't ready to lose another , And i had to go for it .

Racing incident No problems

P.s I may not make as easy for you to pass me next time :p

I managed to survive the onslaught of the second race (first one so far). Which i really enjoyed , All the drivers that overtook me did so very cleanly without any argy bargy :thumbsup:
I ended up 12th i think .Which is ok for me , Most of all im happy to have finished my first race.

Great broadcast by the chaps , Really enjoyed that . Look forward to the next race .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back