RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, my brother and I are late sign-up'ees, and as such may not even get in straight away, but regardless I'd like to get cracking on a skin anyways.

Can anyone help me (or point me to a post where it's explained) how you go about putting the skins in-game? Only ever done a skin for Race 07 before, so the process of merging visible layers - creating a copy - saving as .dds with DXT1 and mipmaps, and coupling the file with a corresponding .ini file is all I know...is it similar to that? Thanks in advance.

Yes similar nik. If you download the v8 stock car templates they have a readme with dds saving and genstrings for wheels etc.

Cars are Dxt5 and windows, helmets are dxt1 i think, but it will tell you in the readme.

Then copy a .veh file from any other mini in game and edit as appropriate. It's very simple just make sure all dds files a .veh file are named correctly ie 001minibody.dds for body, 001miniwindscreen something like that :).

Yes similar nik. If you download the v8 stock car templates they have a readme with dds saving and genstrings for wheels etc.

Cars are Dxt5 and windows, helmets are dxt1 i think, but it will tell you in the readme.

Then copy a .veh file from any other mini in game and edit as appropriate. It's very simple just make sure all dds files a .veh file are named correctly ie 001minibody.dds for body, 001miniwindscreen something like that :).

Awesome thanks! There wasn't a readme file with the mini, so downloading the V8 template now. Managed to get my skins showing up by saving over the existing cars anyway so I know what they look like which for now is the main thing!

I know I'm not on the official entry list yet, but can I go ahead and reserve number 25? (I may also need to request help with windows, but I'm going to wait to see what number my brother wants first as I've done his skin too)

Apart from a few remaining entries the skinpack is almost finished and should be ready for everyone by Tuesday 4th September.

I will also post a pit garage list and spotter guide for the league.

It may get a bit cramped in some garages, but as we are not expecting pitstops in the races it shouldnt cause too many problems.

Apart from a few remaining entries the skinpack is almost finished and should be ready for everyone by Tuesday 4th September.

I will also post a pit garage list and spotter guide for the league.

It may get a bit cramped in some garages, but as we are not expecting pitstops in the races it shouldnt cause too many problems.

I want to sign up for the RD Mini Cooper Challenge S6 and I have read, understood and agreed to the RaceDepartment League Regulations.

However I won't be able to make the first race on the 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back