RD GP Championship 2017 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellenic Racing Association (HRT) is looking for a driver for only round 3 Adelaide , taking the seat of the car NO.12 (Manos Papangelou). There will be only one seat available so there will be a picking process . The only thing you have to do is private message me with a screenshot with at least 10 timed laps around the track (with the times "right click on your name"). The driver with the fastest average time of the last 10 laps (if you did more than 10, not suggested its better to start with fresh tires) will win the seat! The deadline ends 10th of December , one week before the race!
Good Luck!

The track is quite slippery! Gonna be a different kind of challenge this one :D

I'm glad it's not just me then! lol

For any Fanatec pedal users, can any of you please share with me your in game settings?

I can't slow down for this track, it's insane. I've never been fast with the Fanatec pedals anyway (I tend to have to brake much earlier than with my older Thrustmaster pedals) but if I brake hard I lock up everything and if I brake as normal I simply don't make the corner and just understeer into the wall.

I'm in the 40's at the moment and I'm driving like Miss Daisy! lol

Difficult to describe but it feels like very cold brakes or braking on ice, the car won't slow down fast enough.

Maybe as Tero mentions it's just low grip but really struggling at the moment.

Going to play around with the settings on the pedal themselves (currently on number 9) but I don't really want to do that too much as I've got used to it now.

I can have a look at how mine are setup tonight Andrew as I can't remember exactly now.
What do you generally run the in car brake force at? Some say you should use 100% with a load cell brake but I rarely do as it's too sensitive.

I think I was testing this week on about 88% in car brake force.

I can have a look at how mine are setup tonight Andrew as I can't remember exactly now.
What do you generally run the in car brake force at? Some say you should use 100% with a load cell brake but I rarely do as it's too sensitive.

I think I was testing this week on about 88% in car brake force.

Thanks matey :thumbsup: Yeah I usually start at 100% and then work backwards slowly until I find the right balance but last night I was getting nowhere. I agree though at 100% they can be very fierce. Depends on the car of course.

However I was feeling a bit tired which isn't always a good combination...:laugh::rolleyes:

Oddly on the old Grand Prix Series Adelaide was my favourite, it wasn't last night! :roflmao:

Ok Andrew I've had a quick practice on the server and my settings are:
Fanatec load cell sensitivity (dial on pedals) is 6.
In game car brake force is 88%

I used motec to check my inputs and it's only really the hard braking area at the end of the long straight where I reach 100% brake pedal force, most other corners vary a lot but generally no more than 80% brake pedal force.

Also I found out on motec that I'm locking up my front right wheel at the hardest braking points, shifted the bias back to 53.5 - 54% front and it was reduced quite a lot. Be careful in the in field corners with the bias set rearward because if you brake slightly too hard whilst turning the wheel at all you'll lock up the rears and round she goes!

Forgot to mention that tyre temps are critical round here, too cold and she slides around, I found my best times were lap 3.
Too hot then the same but with no comeback...

Last edited:
Hellenic Racing Association (HRT) is looking for a driver for only round 3 Adelaide , taking the seat of the car NO.12 (Manos Papangelou). There will be only one seat available so there will be a picking process . The only thing you have to do is private message me with a screenshot with at least 10 timed laps around the track (with the times "right click on your name"). The driver with the fastest average time of the last 10 laps (if you did more than 10, not suggested its better to start with fresh tires) will win the seat! The deadline ends 10th of December , one week before the race!
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back