[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Reading all the thread here above I recognise a lot of problem in the installation and a lot of doubt on this App/Mod. But I've been more lucky probably, becasue for the seem that all is working.
installation went good and almost all features are on (DRS, Compound limitation, tyre life time pit, etc.).
Now looking for some further improvement, I'd like to share some doubt I still have about RARE:
1. even if I rise the minimum value of tyre wearing limit I see the AI pitting late and having very strange behaviour in the pit, like spendind many minutes to change the tyres, not sure if they are also filling with fuel; can someone refresh me how can assure enough fuel in each cars so no refilling will be necessary (if this is possible);
2. they change with the same tyres compaund all the times (this is not reflecting the F1 rules, but probablay is features foreseen in the next release);
3. during a complete section of qualify the entire AI cars were within 0,5 sec from the 1st upto the 19th ... no way;
4. if I enable the limitation of compaund selection my car can only use the one I setup in the fiel.ini for that track, but the AI can still use the fastest C5 one ...;

if anybady can help me to get some glue on that topics I would really appreciate,
In anycase as I saied days ago: this is very promising app, at the same level of CSP and SOL.

quick question, in the file drivers.ini i see a list of AI
ex: [AI_1]...
does it need to match the AIs we setup let's say for race ?
ex:
[AI_1]
AI_LEVEL=0.99262875318527
AI_THROTTLE_LIMIT=0.98771458864212
AI_AGGRESSION=0

if i set in a race the first AI as let's say Gotifi (Latifi) that will mean he might be the fastest right ? in other words how can i make a realistic grid ?

Check the lua debug app to see if there ate any errors.
1682644087531.png

Hello there!

I follow your work since the beginning and honestly it's amazing. Thank you very much for everything you've done.

In this last patch, with the preview version 2363, the AI does not pit... It's really strange as I tried everything, but I couldn't make it work. Here is some data that I have looked to. I don't know if it has something to do, but I post it here, just in case.

I have installed following the procedure and reinstalled again, however it has not worked.

If you could help me I would love to.

Keep up the good job man.

Attachments

• IMG20230428184506.jpg
    IMG20230428184506.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG20230428180213.jpg
    IMG20230428180213.jpg
    861.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hello there!

I follow your work since the beginning and honestly it's amazing. Thank you very much for everything you've done.

In this last patch, with the preview version 2363, the AI does not pit... It's really strange as I tried everything, but I couldn't make it work. Here is some data that I have looked to. I don't know if it has something to do, but I post it here, just in case.

I have installed following the procedure and reinstalled again, however it has not worked.

Thanks for reporting this! I’ll look into it

Schmawlik updated [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements with a new update entry:

v1.1.6.4-preview6 Pre-Release download

Hi all, I've been working on fixing some of the bugs that have been reported here. I've also completed a major code refactor that will help me in the future with implementing new features, with fewer bugs. Thanks again for all of the support.

This is a preview version, but it seems to be very stable. If there are any issues let me know, thanks. If this build seems stable, I will push it to a full release version.

Download...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reading all the thread here above I recognise a lot of problem in the installation and a lot of doubt on this App/Mod. But I've been more lucky probably, becasue for the seem that all is working.
installation went good and almost all features are on (DRS, Compound limitation, tyre life time pit, etc.).
Now looking for some further improvement, I'd like to share some doubt I still have about RARE:
1. even if I rise the minimum value of tyre wearing limit I see the AI pitting late and having very strange behaviour in the pit, like spendind many minutes to change the tyres, not sure if they are also filling with fuel; can someone refresh me how can assure enough fuel in each cars so no refilling will be necessary (if this is possible);
2. they change with the same tyres compaund all the times (this is not reflecting the F1 rules, but probablay is features foreseen in the next release);
3. during a complete section of qualify the entire AI cars were within 0,5 sec from the 1st upto the 19th ... no way;
4. if I enable the limitation of compaund selection my car can only use the one I setup in the fiel.ini for that track, but the AI can still use the fastest C5 one ...;

if anybady can help me to get some glue on that topics I would really appreciate,
In anycase as I saied days ago: this is very promising app, at the same level of CSP and SOL.
1. The spending a lot of time in the pit is an issue with how AC handles multiple drivers coming into pit at once, and is not something that I can control at the moment.
2. Check the latest preview update I published (external download link to google drive) and see if this issue is fixed.
3. This issue should also be fixed in the preview.
4. This issue should also be fixed in the preview.

Hello there!

Hi, please check the latest preview update I posted (external link to google drive) and see if it fixes your issue.

quick question, in the file drivers.ini i see a list of AI
ex: [AI_1]...
does it need to match the AIs we setup let's say for race ?
ex:
[AI_1]
AI_LEVEL=0.99262875318527
AI_THROTTLE_LIMIT=0.98771458864212
AI_AGGRESSION=0

if i set in a race the first AI as let's say Gotifi (Latifi) that will mean he might be the fastest right ? in other words how can i make a realistic grid ?
Hi, this is an old implementation of something I was working on. I have since removed this feature in the latest preview. If you could check out the preview and see if everything has been fixed for you, I would be very appreciative.

To make a realistic grid now, I would do the following.
1. BoP driver's AI level based on how they compete in qualifying. Use AI level=100 to represent the fastest driver, and then work down from there.
2. In the RARE AI settings, enable AI Relative level, and now that slider should allow you to change the AI's relative level, while maintaining the BoP you set.

Thanks, William

Since I tried the most recent update, I can't seem to make any changes to RARE in-game. I turn it on, and it used to reload the track. Now it doesn't do anything other than say I have to make changes. Please help.

Hi, this is an old implementation of something I was working on. I have since removed this feature in the latest preview. If you could check out the preview and see if everything has been fixed for you, I would be very appreciative.

To make a realistic grid now, I would do the following.
1. BoP driver's AI level based on how they compete in qualifying. Use AI level=100 to represent the fastest driver, and then work down from there.
2. In the RARE AI settings, enable AI Relative level, and now that slider should allow you to change the AI's relative level, while maintaining the BoP you set.

Thanks, William
will do... thanks alot for the support and great mod

Can you screenshot the issue?
Before I was able to change the settings, but this happens now and it doesn't save the track anymore as a RARE option. I also can't see the app in my CM

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-29 140744.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-29 140744.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2023-04-29 140804.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-29 140804.png
    460.2 KB · Views: 36

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game