RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem at the moment. Aidan is doing a great job, but because he is in Australia, it means the rounds are usually at an awkward time for the most of us in Europe, and it just depends on time zones as to who gets up first.

That's the problem at the moment. Aidan is doing a great job, but because he is in Australia, it means the rounds are usually at an awkward time for the most of us in Europe, and it just depends on time zones as to who gets up first.
That, or who is awake at the start. In this race I was one of the first in this time zone, and was first. But at the Hungarian GP, I was sleeping for quite some time when the race started. But Aidan has made a well balanced programme, and even started a race or two while it was 03:00 in Australia

OMER SLIDES ON THROUGH
RAIN CAUSES HAVOC, 5 DNF

1st. Omer Said
Online Racing S20.png
2nd. Ben Herbert
Red Bull S20.png

3rd. Sig Man
McLaren (80's) S20.png
While the chances of rain in Suzuka are well documented as being high, the torrential downpour that engulfed the race was a wonder to behold, one of the stewards, Noah, ran off muttering about an ark he needs to build...
But while many of the racers slid off, on and into each other, it was the wise old head of Omer Said who conquered the conditions to snatch his first win of the season and first since Belgium S19. The race was on schedule to be finished in good time, but the practical flash flood that came along decimated the field. Some of the slower runners took several minutes to get back to the pits for Monsoon tyres. Ben Herbert continued his fine form, showing a level head to make some key passes in the wet, including that of Sig Man and Florin Diaconescu, both McLarens relatively excelling in the wet. Jimmy Laad also broke through to the top 5, getting more and more sideways as the laps ticked down.
While the top 5 were happy with a swim and a sail, it was a very different story further back. A season record 5 non finishers was witnessed. Varying from contender James Chant, battlers Fred Owen and Thomas Hackel, rookie and trailblazer Steven Poirer and the one and only Gary Ludlum. As the rain came down, the Honk's both suffered failures, the Viper racer slid through Sasha Jednak, the Ferrari no worse for wear, while Poirer beached himself, Fred Owen suffered a deflated tyre, and with no grip as it was, acquainted himself with the wall around Spoon corner, while Chant simply misjudged 130R, eventually ending up with 2 wheels left down at the chicane.

At a glance
  • Omer Said wins for OR, the team taking the most points from the round
  • McLaren continue to lead, Florin leading Sig too in the drivers for a perfect record
  • Ben Herbert moves into 5th, his remarkable form since Germany bagging him 91 points, only 12 points from top 3
  • With 5 races to go, while mathematically possible to be beaten, it looks like Diaconescu will be champion, with McLaren similar while Honda will have the recognition of the best engines.
Results
1st. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari)
2nd. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault)
3rd. S. Man (McLaren-Honda)
4th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda)
5th. J. Laad (Renault)
6th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda)
7th. A. Macdonald (Heineken-Honda)
8th. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari)
9th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda)
10th. S. Jednak (Ferrari)
DNF J. Chant (Heineken-Honda)
DNF F. Owen (Renault)
DNF T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari)
DNF S. Poirer (Viper Racing-Dodge)
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table Drivers.jpg

S20 Championship Table Teams.jpg

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Omer Said It seems so long ago that we asked you if you could win. Now you did! How are you feeling?
@Ben Herbert These points just keep accumulating hey?
@the_sigman With this result, you keep yourself in the title hunt. Can you still see yourself successfully defending?
@James Chant That looked a heavy collision. Are you ok?​

Yes some good points in the bag again, goes to show how strong the drivers towards top of he standings there always picking up good points aswell. I'm just happy be involed in some good battles with them.

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Omer Said It seems so long ago that we asked you if you could win.​

It is indeed a fantastic feeling! But i'm still furious to FIA as they decided to continue the race under these hellish conditions. Anyway, it is a valuable victory as some of my rivals retired. Hopefully i will be fighing for the 6th spot at the championship from now on.

@the_sigman With this result, you keep yourself in the title hunt. Can you still see yourself successfully defending?​
It is good to stand up here after a couple of bad results! I am happy that I am leading the battle for the second place. For the championship, I think it is impossible. It is Florin's to lose. Also I am delighted that we extended our lead in the constructor's championship :)

And so the championships slowly get closer to the end, and to the point where we can crown the winners. Moves have been made late in the season, but it is yet to be seen what will become of these. And with that, get ready for a real tough race, the Feature Brazilian Grand Prix. But don't think it gets any easier after this race....
GOGOGOGOGO!
Interlagos.jpg

Feature Race
At the current home of the Brazilian GP, we have seen some classic races. There is, however, a great chance that this could join them. The track is notorious for bringing a car to within an inch of braking down completely, a sound and reliable car is needed for success. Why? The fastest car won't always win, but the car that can be driven fastest without fear of failure just about will.
Good luck racers!
5 races to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back