FLORIN FLIES OVERSEAS
MOVES 36 POINTS CLEAR, UTZER TO THIRD

1st. Florin Diaconescu
McLaren (80's) S20.png
2nd. Ben Utzer
Online Racing S20.png

3rd. Ben Herbert
Red Bull S20.png
With Europe now gone for a while, Florin Diaconescu sent out a message: Go back, nothing to win here. His dominant victory in the subcontinent again stretched out his championship lead, while also providing a sturdy base for McLaren to also go further ahead in the championship. But again the race was dominated behind first by the 'challengers', drivers who aren't in direct title possibility, or at least weren't. Ben Utzer took a second straight 2nd place to move into 3rd overall, finally pushing past the third Honda-powered driver. Meanwhile, Ben Herbert continued his very fine form, another podium for the Red Bull driver as he swoops upon Chant and Wolf in the standings, Chant managing 6th while Wolf couldn't break the top-10. Sasha Jednak lead home Fred Owen, as their mid-table battle continues for 10th overall.
As before, Chant finished in 6th, followed by Macdonald who made a late pass on Jimmy Laad. The points accumulated meant they lost 12 points to McLaren. Jordan too had a horrendous day. Wolf in 11th with Saidy not much better in 9th, coupled with Utzer's 2nd and Omer Said's 12th, meant that OR again moved into 3rd overall, taking an 8 point advantage over the bright yellow machines.
Perhaps the biggest news recently is the earlier than expected silly season. While the new FR v2.0 car regulations were expected to bring some new teams, it was not expected that so many would in fact join up. Toyota, Jaguar and Nirvana-Renault have been announced, with various drivers already signed up to these teams.
It brings various drivers into the spotlight. Jednak recently announced his retirement, both Jordan drivers are out of contract, Laad is off to Jaguar, Owen is unsure and Herbert must be hot property.
While this occurs, even some teams are in trouble. McLaren especially, Jordan perhaps, while both Renault and Red Bull may be left with no drivers again to start the season.

At a glance
  • Florin again leads by more than a race, over Macdonald and Utzer.
  • OR into third, while McLaren too stretch their lead over Heineken.
  • The battle for 10th continues, Owen, Jednak and Hackel still battling, and before long it may be a battle for 8th including Said and Saidy.
  • We are sad to announce, Gary Ludlum can no longer win the title :(
Results
1st. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda)
2nd. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari)
3rd. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault)
4th. S. Jednak (Ferrari)
5th. F. Owen (Renault)
6th. J. Chant (Heineken-Honda)
7th. A. Macdonald (Heineken-Honda)
8th. J. Laad (Renault)
9th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda)
10th. T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari)
11th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda)
12th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari)
13th. S. Poirer (Viper Racing-Dodge)
14th. S. Man (McLaren-Honda)
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table Drivers.jpg

S20 Championship Table Teams.jpg

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Florin Diaconescu You sounded very happy winning today. Are you starting to dream about the title at all?
@Benutzername Another strong podium to re-take 3rd place in both championships, are we going to see this form continue?
@Ben Herbert Your third podium, but also your 5th top 5 from the last 5 races. You've caught up, going to keep going?
Any drivers with 100% certainty of their drives (or not driving) next season may also reply to this.​

As a single driver I'm driving for next season already,hopefully my recent form will earn me a team-mate were ever its at Red Bull or else where. Time will tell, I hope to keep fighting for the points in the mean time.

@Florin Diaconescu You sounded very happy winning today. Are you starting to dream about the title at all?​
I finally had a good result, alter two realy bad, so I need to be consistent in order to win the Championship. Of course, I have the biggest chances of winning it, but two Alexander wins and two bad results for me may cost my first place, so I have to be really careful to win.

Any drivers with 100% certainty of their drives (or not driving) next season may also reply to this.​
Finally, I have managed to cobble together a budget and sponsors to compete in a whole season. I'd like to thank Renault for taking me up halfway through the season, but my motivation for this season is still there.

We are sad to announce, Gary Ludlum can no longer win the title :(
:roflmao:

For next year, i'm considering a return to my old team, Honk Racing for my performance is not enough for a title contender top team like OnlineRacing. I would love to remain with Ben, but the other Ben should be a better asset to the team and i think he should replace my seat next year. Two Bens can win the title :thumbsup:

:roflmao:

For next year, i'm considering a return to my old team, Honk Racing for my performance is not enough for a title contender top team like OnlineRacing. I would love to remain with Ben, but the other Ben should be a better asset to the team and i think he should replace my seat next year. Two Bens can win the title :thumbsup:

Surprising news for me :/

@Ben Herbert Is OR an option for you?

---

@Benutzername Another strong podium to re-take 3rd place in both championships, are we going to see this form continue?​

I am one step closer to the big target. I am pushing me away from the midfield. If i can keep my form i had since Nederlands (the three races in between shouldnt count as i was injured ;)) Alex and Florin should have an eye on me. It would have been 90 points out of 4 races, i am highly motivated. I want a driver title, i dont want to be forgotten when i retire. But i shouldnt be that positive, everything can turn out very bad in the end. I don't say that because i am a negative person, i am just realistic. The championship can go in two ways. Another injury and ill be gone for the title. Another drop like in the first two races and ill be gone for the title. But ive never given up. And i wont do. For the constructor championship i dont think we can make the title, but at least we made it last year.

The scene of so many championship deciders, it seems fitting that Japan is next on our list. While no championships will be decided today, there is no doubt that the final dash home starts here. So, without anymore delaying, the Japanese Grand Prix is:
GOGOGOGOGO!
Suzuka.jpg

Sprint Race
Points are becoming increasingly rare to come across, many of the championship contenders a mere few rounds ago can probably tell you that. Consistent finishing will be the winner in this championship, but everyone knew that. Also a quick word to McLaren: we are watching you guys here. Nothing silly in the chicane :cool:.
Good Luck Racers!
6 races to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back