RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

It would also allow for people less skilled (like me) to take a slightly slower and easier car, while allowing the fast experts to race by the seat of their pants in the faster cars.

I think you might find that GT pro, GT Club, and WTCC Extreme are all pretty similar in terms of driving difficulty.

Why not put the slow guys[we know who you are] in the fast cars and the aliens[we do know who you are] in the putt-putts?

Mixing GT Pro, GT Sport, and GT Club (for example or something similar) could work well this way, but probably needs a good'ish signup number and some real honesty when choosing cars.

Last edited:
I think you might find that GT pro, GT Club, and WTCC Extreme are all pretty similar in terms of driving difficulty.

Mixing GT Pro, GT Sport, and GT Club (for example or something similar) could work well this way, but probably needs a good'ish signup number and some real honesty when choosing cars.
I didn't realise they were so similar, thanks.

Well, principle applies anyway about easier to handle cars for less skilled drivers and faster cars for the aliens (or vice versa).

Last edited:
Hi. My game crashed on grid of a league race at another community and I noticed this event on the lobby so signed up for it. I tried the Volvo and thought myself too dangerous then tried the E30. I managed to get the E30 set up nice and safe then tried the same setup ethos on the Volvo and it worked - I was faster and safer in the Volvo. I was still a bit unsure though until the last minute. With about two minutes left of qually I got P4 and I assume I had cut a lot or gone unfair wide a lot but that is not the main reason why I dq'ed. I was using a qually first gear (very long). I think I would have spun too much with a shorter first gear but P4 with a very long first gear would have meant a very slow start and problems for the chaps behind me - I may not have had time to pull over safely.

I could have DQ'ed by driving to the end of the pit road and driving back up very slowly but I may not have had time and according to my track map there was nothing in my sector so I drove the wrong way on the track to DQ and start nice and safe from the back. I was on TS so maybe should have asked Yves for permission to DQ before doing it.

Below are my race 1 crashes and passes. If this video gets watched I will do others passes and side-by-sides from the replays.

"Then coming to an end of my first (and last) flying lap in qual, Martin Leyfield comes the wrong way so I just have to throw the car out of the track.
Then my game crashed moving in to warmup, and that was that evening :("
Oh no I just read this. This is a bug in the game where you don't see all cars in qually. I am real sorry about this. I could see no cars on track or on track map. I will never DQ again unless permission from organizers and I would then only DQ by driving slow to end of pit road, checking for cars, and driving 5 or 10 kph back up it to DQ. I am mortified I messed up his lap.

Hi. My game crashed on grid of a league race at another community and I noticed this event on the lobby so signed up for it. I tried the Volvo and thought myself too dangerous then tried the E30. I managed to get the E30 set up nice and safe then tried the same setup ethos on the Volvo and it worked - I was faster and safer in the Volvo. I was still a bit unsure though until the last minute. With about two minutes left of qually I got P4 and I assume I had cut a lot or gone unfair wide a lot but that is not the main reason why I dq'ed. I was using a qually first gear (very long). I think I would have spun too much with a shorter first gear but P4 with a very long first gear would have meant a very slow start and problems for the chaps behind me - I may not have had time to pull over safely.

I could have DQ'ed by driving to the end of the pit road and driving back up very slowly but I may not have had time and according to my track map there was nothing in my sector so I drove the wrong way on the track to DQ and start nice and safe from the back. I was on TS so maybe should have asked Yves for permission to DQ before doing it.

Below are my race 1 crashes and passes. If this video gets watched I will do others passes and side-by-sides from the replays.

I enjoyed seeing that. You and I were close a lot of the time!

I could see plenty of blue dots in the garage. I though all cars were in garage or over at sector one (I was at the last corner).

No Probs. I was just wondering what was happening! As you didn't turn towards me, I understood that it wasn't public-wrecker style. I just wondered what the flying banana-split was happening! :)
I do wonder what would've happened if we had crashed though, would only I get damage, or would you get the shock of your life when crashing into an invisible wall :O_o:

Further expanding on this, maybe open it up to all three classes, but Dennis gets the (very popular :laugh:) job of allocating each driver to the appropriate class after they sign up. That way, he gets the chance to balance things up a bit, and create more challenge for the "aliens".
No bribery allowed. :whistling:
The reason for pushing the GT Classes is that I think these are best suited to the Nords track, and trying to avoid the addon mods to make it easier / more open for people to join, and get more sign-ups.
It also allows plenty of scope for car choices within the allocated classes, and promotes a nice varied list of cars on track.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back