RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

WOW that was fun, NOT!!!
Race1: with about 7-8 min left I got hit by another car and turned around in the fast chikane, so I hit the fence hard and the engine was dead.
Race2: had hoped to stay out of trouble, and it started okay, but then a saftycar was deployed and we snailed around, the safteycar went to the pits and back to racing for about a lap when some one infront turned around and I could not avoid hitting them and a nother saftycar, but I've had enough so I left, as the mentality on the server seemed more like an open server.

I just don't see the point in a saftycar in a simrace it kills the racing, If a car is unable to move you press ESC and you are back in the pits, you don't have to wait fore a toetruck. Imo it should only be yoused in the start.

First of all I want to make a remark about the safety car: Whats the use of driving 2/3 of the race behind the safetycar? In simracing you only need this maybe for the start, but if someone crashes he will either press ESC or he will continue driving. There is never any car wreck on the track or parts of the car, so there is no point of using a safety car.
We all join these events for the racing, and not to drive with 80 kmh behind the safety car.
I don't want to offend any one of those who organized the event, but for me personally this safety car is of no use in simracing.

I used the setup from Alexander, and the car felt good, and our pace was the same, and we had some close racing at the times when we were not behind the safety car. The second race was special with the strategy choices, because the safety car was on track, so the decision had to be made either to pit or to continue driving.
The racing overall was good tonight, but I'm not sure if I will join this again if I have to spend most of the time behind the safety car. :(

Good i like feedback guys, but remind that i don''t see any answers to a sollutions. Just the remarks of what you didn't like....

*edit: Sprintrace formats doesn't favor safetycars. Thats a good point. If its deployed. You miss 1 / 3rd of the race. And i am aware of it... But what to do next to make it better???

Peter, well i understand you completely. But what if you been punted of the track over and over. then you know that it isn't possible to get any position or battle back. With SF you can try it again :).

Edit* I only deployed yellow when more then 4 cars where involved.

On the one hand I can relate to what Peter says, but on the other I must admit I really had the feeling I was in a real race this evening and the safety car was in part responsable for that experience. Especially in the second race with the strategy and all was great!

First race wasn't that great from an achievement perspective. My girlfriend came home while I was batteling it out with a BMW, I got distracted for a split second, touched the grass and as a result recked the car, forcing me to do a second pitstop.

The second race was a bit better, though I still had a uge accident with someone that span off the track by colliding with him (sorry mate, I just didn't see you till you were already there) that send my care in a barrel role. I must admit that I feel I really lack true race pace, compared to most of you guys. No matter, I will keep practicing, practice makes perfect!

Thanks to all of you for another wonderful race experience and special thanks to Yuri for organizing this event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 269 18.3%
  • Socks

Votes: 797 54.4%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 75 5.1%
  • Shoes

Votes: 176 12.0%