RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Peter, well i understand you completely. But what if you been punted of the track over and over. then you know that it isn't possible to get any position or battle back. With SF you can try it again :).

Edit* I only deployed yellow when more then 4 cars where involved.

I see Peter's point there...many laps behind the safetycar can get a little dull etc....
But I see Yuri's point here too and actually I had the chance to benefit from the safety car in race 2. Had a coming together with a crash and suspension damage in lap 1 and fell back to 13th or something, then had the luck to close up again and then "use" the safetycar for pitstop and suddenly I was 2nd.
Wouldn't have been possible in a normal race with my damaged car. It can go the wrong way too of course.
It felt like a "real" race so to speak, spiced things up a little for once, liked it this time. But there is pro and contra, yes

My suggestion for this, is running an Open quali session with 1 long race 45-60 minutes and if possible make 2 mandatory stops?

Make sure of the Safety car, but try using fairly short tracks and when there is a full course caution, make it last 2 laps, this way people can pit under the yellow....also make teamspeak MANDATORY but people do not need to speak. It is mandatory for instructions from the officials.

I know its a little complicated but if people pay attention and follow the rules its easy. People in real motorsports do it...why cant simracers do it? Follow instructions and things are easy.

keith

gt copy.jpg
Class: GT pro
Practice starts @ 19:00 GMT
Qualify starts @ 20:00 GMT (hotlap)
Warmup starts @ 20:10 GMT
Race: starts @ 20:15 GMT (60 minutes)
Weather: local weather

Briefing
All tracks are the same as the real FIA GT1 Championship (except race 8 and 10). There will be a manual double row formation lap.

The manual double row formation lap

• The rolling start begins when the in game lights go out. You must maintain your position for this entire lap and you have to keep a safe distance to the car in front of you (3 car lengths)
  • The leader sets the pace of 64 MPH or 100 KMH, sector 1 and 2 is done at this speed. You may warm up your tires and brakes but all in a safe way
  • In sector 3 the leader of the race activates his pit limiter until the s/f line. The field takes his position as shown below: the double row formation lap
Double row formationlap copy.png
  • The race begins as the leader crosses the S/F line where he starts the accelerating (deactivating the pit limiter)
  • You only may accelerate when the car in front of you accelerates
  • You may pass a car once you are beyond the start/finish line
  • The formation lap will be evaluated by the race director. Please obey these rules and respect each other on the track.

Sign-up format
Driver name: Your name

Tracklist

1. Abu Dhabi | 4-1-2011 | Peter Duivelaar
2. Silverstone GP | 11-1-2011 | Peter Duivelaar
3. Brno | 18-1-2011 | Winner
4. Paul Ricard HTTT GT | 25-1-2011 | Winner
5. Spa-Francorchamps | 1-2-2011 | Winner
6. Nürburgring | 8-2-2011 | Winner
7. Algarve | 15-2-2011 | Winner
8. Pace park | 22-2-2011 | Winner
9. Interlagos | 1-3-2011 | Winner
10. Sebring 12h (2 hour enduro) | 8-3-2011 | Winner

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organizer a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entrylist

1. Hugo Hekkenberg
  2. Eric Plimmer
  3. Goran Markesic
  4. Rob Musgrove
  5. Frans Linden
  6. Dino Paolini
  7. Bob Miley
  8. Yuri Braham
  9. Rutger van der Zande
  10. Marcin Skrzypczak
  11. Freddie Besems
  12. Dariusz Swiderski
  13. Marco Sbordoni
  14. James Fellows
  15. Philip Sprangers
  16. Martijn van Bommel
  17. Dmytro Botnarenko
  18. Stefan Beemsterboer
  19. Mark Johnson
  20. Chris Sykes
  21. Ethan Bass
  22. Peter Duivelaar
  23. Mustafa Gungor
  24. Chris Rigby
  25. Oscar Hardwick
-------------------------Reserve-------------------------

1. Jamal Ennis
---------------------------Maybe--------------------------

1. -
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

My suggestion for this, is running an Open quali session with 1 long race 45-60 minutes and if possible make 2 mandatory stops?

Make sure of the Safety car, but try using fairly short tracks and when there is a full course caution, make it last 2 laps, this way people can pit under the yellow....also make teamspeak MANDATORY but people do not need to speak. It is mandatory for instructions from the officials.

I know its a little complicated but if people pay attention and follow the rules its easy. People in real motorsports do it...why cant simracers do it? Follow instructions and things are easy.

keith

I don't agree with the 1 long race, 45-60 minutes, not that my opinion would count.

1st of all - People are not used to long races and touring brings together both occasional and enthusiast players. Sessions of 25-30 minutes with a pause between them is already more than enough for players that won't necessary take it endurance style.

2 - Long race with two mandatory pit-stops means strategy, strategy and more strategy. Maybe one full pit-stop, than second pit-stop only front tires, or first pitstop front tires than second pit rear tires depending on wheels drive etc.
This would increase the gap between good players and occasional players.

3 - Once the faster drivers will get in front, they will increase the gap. The longer the race the longer the gap.

4 - With two Race format, one takes second chance, as well as slower players getting pole position and better chances to get points at the end.

Slower or occasional drivers winning over fast and enthusiast players by strategy in touring endurance. Give me a break :)

Well, to be honest, I had some good fun. The safety car is a god idea, but ALOT of people here either A) Have never watched a race involving a Safety car or B) Just seem oblivious to what it means.

Then the rolling start. Not my favourite things in the world when they are not done right. The way I think a rolling start should be like is;
1) Max speed 100KPH.
2) Double-file (1st with 2nd - 3rd with 4th etc).
3) Everyone stays close together, no need for big gaps.
4) Nobody accelerates/floors it until the leader crosses the line.
5) No passing until your nose crosses the line.
6) DO NOT BRAKE after flooring it until you need to for turn one.

On the safery car, heres some idea for the next time;
1) When the yellows go out, people slow down GRADUALLY, don't slam on the brakes. You are to slow down in a safe manner. If you need to do a few corners to find a safe place to do, then do so. Save you ruining yours and or other people's race.
2) If you happen to pass someone(s) while slowing down, give the place(s). (Note, Lapped runners are to un-lap themselves in a safe manner as to not interefere at the race restart)
3) The leader becomes the safety car, and will lead the cars round the track at 100KPH.
4) Once everyone is in the row of cars, the restart will commence.
5) The leader brings the field round the track, and when he reaches the start/finish line, everyone may accelerate, but NOT overtake until your nose crosses the line.

I like the idea of a longer race and the need to do two stops (strategy people, woopie) but I know Race won't support two mandatory and you just know, someone will just do one and take advantage of the honest guys. But a 60min race would make the Wednesday S2000 different than the Sunday event, add some variety.

keith

Definitly approve of this, would make things more fun, and more like real life.

I look forward to the next event, a 60 Minute race at say something like, Silverstone International, Either Donnington, 2004 Hockenheim, GP200 International, STCC Mantrop, Vitus Club, Ledenon, Nogaro, Brands Hatch, or Estoril 08. Something along those lines. Tracks aren't that long, so the Safety car procedure should work better hopefully.

here is a quick cutting rule clarification.You may not put 4 tires in the white area in Turn 1. You will be required to keep 2 left side tires COMPLETELY off the white surface.

WGIT1cut.jpg

IN the "Bus Stop chicane" you may not put both LEFT tires in the grass on the LEFT SIDE of the corner complex. you MAY put rights in the grass if you feel like taking that risk.....

ALL THE REST OF THE TRACK IS OPEN AND FREE FOR RACING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 271 18.3%
  • Socks

Votes: 807 54.6%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 75 5.1%
  • Shoes