RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yeah big thanks for that - real gentlemans racing, thanks for the battles, your a great example of how racing should be, sorry if I was overdefensive, but I always stuck to one change of line, so I was never swerving :)

I'm with you Ross for this..i was thinking to let Henrik overtake me before finish but for so a long time i didn't managed to make the race to the finish with good result...great example from Henrik indeed and not just for letting you go,but all the race he drove brilliant...in first race all i got to do is stay behind him and we both managed to escape from the field.

an absolutley awesome event at spa earlyer left me really tired but anyways

practise got slower the frther i went - from 1:08.6 to barely managing 1:10.5s

qually was similar to practise - unable to crack the 1:10 mark

race 1 went well - got up to 4th and held for a while under pressure then dipped a wheel in the grass under braking and spun
then i got into a great fight with dennis phelan but as he started pulling away he rolled it over the bank and i saw an opportunity but couldnt take it - then as i was moving to let saul [who was lapping me] passed on the pitstraight i barely clipped the barrier and it instantly made my car catch fire and spin madly - normally that kind of impact would take a mirror off, suspention damage from time to time but not straight dnf

after theat crash i was on pole for race 2 but had a terrible start and rhys got the inside line into turn 1 and forced me wide but i hung on to rhys eric n and dennis for as long as i could untill slipping and letting saul, paul wood and then eric e past - then i had an amazing couple of laps without a mistake on this rollercoaster of a track and ended up at the back

thanks to everyone who participated and hope 2 race you all soon

Well, it was a bitter sweet event for me.

Qualified 14th and quite happy with that considering the large grid and the high quality of the field.

Race 1, there seemed to be a fair few incidents on the 1st lap and I was just happy to avoid any mishaps. Pitted Lap 7 for Rights only, thought this would be good choice just to get me round Pouhon (scares the life out of me that corner!). Then it all went wrong on Lap 9 when in 14th I got tagged coming out of Eau Rouge. Had no way of catching the inevitable spin - straight into the wall.. Ouch! Ended up across the track giving the fast approaching Carl Middleton nowhere to go. Thanks for avoiding me Carl, it is just such a shame it caused you to have a major crash which must have damaged your car badly. Glad to see you recovered and finished the race in a reasonable spot. Mark Guy also had to take avoiding action but I think he escaped unscathed.

Bit disappointed (again) that the culprit didn't wait - Ho Hum

Anyway, I was left with no splitter, suspension damage and a punctured Left Front. I never ever give up (anything is better than a DNF). Crawled all the way back to the Pits (man that was a long lap), just changed both my Lefts and carried on carefully to finish a lap down in 22nd.

Race 2 was a bit quieter. Had an interesting few laps behind Ethan's Alfa trying to work out if I could pass him, and if so, where I could do it safely. Chose to go for it in the fast left of Blanchimont - I know I can always trust Ethan to give room, but I think it was probably a bad move cos I felt I caused him to go too wide - sorry mate. Anyway, I backed off a bit and no harm done. Ethan pitted just after anyway so it was a pointless attempt - I guess that is another good reason to use Teamspeak - I expect he would have warned me of his intention to pit that lap (btw, I should have the necessary kit after Christmas).
I went on to finish a reasonable 12th.

Thanks to Michael and RD for a good event, and to Chris Sykes for his very popular track choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 96 15.8%
  • Socks

Votes: 337 55.4%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 22 3.6%
  • Shoes

Votes: 76 12.5%