RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I am not a big fan of this track and I am not that fast round it either so I was looking for a couple of top 10 results for the event.

Spent practice finding a car which didn't feel rubbish and finally settled on the Lada. Qualifying was bit of a disaster, made a couple of mistakes and wasn't generally fast so I ended up 13th with a 1:39.000.

Race 1 saw me get a naff start, probably because I missed the lights messing with the volume but I kept in touch into T1. Cue mayhem in front of me as first Reggie went nuts and and everyone behind get squeezed resulting in a few spins. I took it easy and avoided it all promoting me into 7th by the end of the first lap. Got past Matthias for 6th and was right behind Mark but I got a gfx error and lost a couple of places and came back in with Tom behind me so i ended up blocking him. I let him past at the next corner and then continued. The rest of the race saw me get past Tom and Matthias again but I was too far behind Mark to catch him so I settled down to take 6th.

Got a great start for race 2 which allowed me to get to the inside for T1 in second. Caught Tom quickly and passed at the second hairpin. Held first for a couple of laps but Ross was around .8 secs faster so after he got behind me on the oval I just let him past. Had bit of a moment right after into T3, getting a wheel on the grass but I managed to hold it. Michael and Peter were fighting for 3rd behind me which let me keep a 2 second gap in second up until the pitstop. Peter had a problem with his pitstop which let Michael past again which let me increase the gap to 5 seconds after the pitstop which I held to the end.

Was a pretty laid back drive for both races, managed to miss most the action and didn't engage in any major battles. So thanks for the race and RD for hosting. For the next race could we maybe use Misano - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr-evolution-tracks-4/misano-adriatico-307/ ? Seems like a good track so if anyone else likes the look of it we could give it a go at some point in the future.

Another suggestion I have is maybe that a member of the racing staff, or some other person, maybe a volunteer, should watch the replay of the start of each race. The last two events I have done have seen some sort of crash at the start and while some of them are accidents or bad luck, there are/will be people who are repeatedly involved. It might be carelessness or being too aggressive but either way they should be reprimanded in some way as a pileup at the start shouldn't be occuring too often in a private community in my opinion.

It was a long time ago I joined a club race, and if this is the general driving behaviour of people then it will take a long time before I'll join again.

Quali: Had a good lap, only 0,1 sec behind Ross so I was happy.

Race 1: Had an excellent start with the BMW, and I was far up front with the other bmw of Romanov before reaching the first turn.
But for some reason one Seat did not use his brakes, and rammed full into my car. From that point on I was hit time and again as the whole field passed me. I had serious suspension damage, and lost a lot of power of my engine. Only on the straight I already lost a whole second per lap. I finished 11th in the end.

Race 2: Had again an excellent start, but was on the outside in turn 1 and I was very afraid being hit again. That didn't happen in turn 1, but it did happen a couple of times later in the same lap, and not just bumper to bumper, but just pushing me off track. After the first couple of laps it went well, missed my pit, so had to drive backwards, which costed me the 2nd place, so I finished 3rd.

Grats to Ross for winning both races.

I hope next race will be better as some drivers really showed bad driving, not only against me, but I also saw lots of other unnecessary accidents. I did have a few good battles, so I hope to experience that more next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%