RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

GUlf BFR Skins Updated - Now with added abdul

Download

For friday's skinpack

Attachments

• aa 407.jpg
    aa 407.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 229
"C) The defending driver is allowed to defend his position by changing lines once per straight. As soon as the overtaking car has overlap on the straight the defending driver can only use the width of the track between the overtaking car on the one side and the track boundary on the other side to move in, without applying physical force to widen it."

This rule seems to be overlooked by a number of drivers...so I am posting this to refresh everyone's memory.

When a car is coming up beside you exiting a corner inside or outside....if you are slightly ahead you DO NOT have the right to move your car into the other pushing them off track. I understand people are racing for position, but you cannot force your opponent off track. PERIOD

Another thing....When a car is inside and completing a pass....what is the benefit of turning into a car that is beside you? It results in you going off and the passing driver wondering if he should wait. This happened way to much in this race.

Ive got more to say but will leave it for now.

+ 10 for this post. This happens all the time the a driver turns in when the attacking driver is alongside... :(

First of all, I remember my first race in racedepartement more then one year ago.
The story is short, It end in a two mounth race ban.
The mistake that I made wasn't that big
But I learned alot of this punishment.
It's better to end in place 5 with no mistakes, then end first with mistakes or driving wild.
The joy of the game is the same.

Had a great race race yesterday evening, but lap one of race one was much to aggressif.
After way to much collisions I ended second, thanks to Keith for his victory
First victory in race two

Hi, thankyou for the racing last night, I had a pants superpole and ended up 20th which turned out to be a good position allowing me to miss the first corner carnage in race one, coming out in 13th and despite being pushed (by pushed i mean hit) about and dropping back 4 places i eventually working my way up to 11th after a good race with Ethan.

Race 2 i got an good start and tried to get down the inside but the whole pack closed in and i had nowhere to go, I would like to say sorry to the Lada driver, after i touched you i braked to let you get straight again but with 15 cars behind us all hell broke loose, after the pits i came out behind Dennis with Sebastian behind me we had a good clean race up to about lap 11 when my tyres went off, Dennis and Sabastian must have had a scuffle on the last lap and i got back to 10th but killed my engine braking into the last chicane, dont know how because i didn't do anything different.

As for the driving, I could point some fingers at people but this is Touring Cars and to think you can go a whole race without any contact would be daft, most people are lapping within a couple of tenths of each other this makes overtaking close and risky, watch any real touring car race and tell me if they get through a whole race without touching.

I dont like being pushed off track but unless it is a deliberate (which should be reported) you just have to put it down to a racing incident.

Hi, thankyou for the racing last night, I had a pants superpole and ended up 20th which turned out to be a good position allowing me to miss the first corner carnage in race one, coming out in 13th and despite being pushed (by pushed i mean hit) about and dropping back 4 places i eventually working my way up to 11th after a good race with Ethan.

Race 2 i got an good start and tried to get down the inside but the whole pack closed in and i had nowhere to go, I would like to say sorry to the Lada driver, after i touched you i braked to let you get straight again but with 15 cars behind us all hell broke loose, after the pits i came out behind Dennis with Sebastian behind me we had a good clean race up to about lap 11 when my tyres went off, Dennis and Sabastian must have had a scuffle on the last lap and i got back to 10th but killed my engine braking into the last chicane, dont know how because i didn't do anything different.

As for the driving, I could point some fingers at people but this is Touring Cars and to think you can go a whole race without any contact would be daft, most people are lapping within a couple of tenths of each other this makes overtaking close and risky, watch any real touring car race and tell me if they get through a whole race without touching.

I dont like being pushed off track but unless it is a deliberate (which should be reported) you just have to put it down to a racing incident.

If i understand you right, You did nothing wrong on the start of race2.
I would say, you should have stayed behind the Lada. Your trying to overtake at all coast made drivers behind pay the price .
As for sending in a report, i have a mix feeling for that.

We should be able to race without punting each other. Overtaking is hard on not easy.
Try to think to overtake the car in front without touching the car infront. Try to find out where the driver in front is slower then you. This will of course make your winning chances less, but your racing will increase to sky high happines.

Regards

Erling Bøhmer

Hi Bjorn. Could you please change me to a "maybe" tonight. I've been feeling quite ill the past few days and may have to give it a miss. Felt really rough last night at WTCC AMS and really struggled to keep going. I will see how I feel later.
If I don't make it, have fun guys.

Hi Everybody,

It was my third race yesterday and I had a really good feeling.

so yesterday,

Race 1: was good (for me :), I made a good start (with no collision) and was on the 8th position
Then I had a short fight with Cruze’ driver Ondrej Kapal and I lost precious places (3 positions).
I finished 11 I think.

Race 2: I was involved in the big crash at the first corner. I saw Mark Guy pushed and a bit across the way, I used the brakes but couldn’t avoid to touch him (sorry Mark)
Then I was hit by a Honda (Robert Adrian. But I saw that you had no other possibility, so No Problem J), so that I was then directly pushed against the wall, I restarted 21 th.
But I didn’t give up and finally I had great fights against Mark & Co ;)

Concerning those incident problems.
I try myself to be the most “clean” as possible when I’m driving, and try not to cut the trajectory to an other who wants to pass me but, it has to be some fights and contacts because we are driving touring cars category and not formula 1 but it has to be clean fights, or “clever fights”.

Sorry for my English J

Thanks Bjorn and RD for this race.

If i understand you right, You did nothing wrong on the start of race2.
I would say, you should have stayed behind the Lada. Your trying to overtake at all coast made drivers behind pay the price .
As for sending in a report, i have a mix feeling for that.

We should be able to race without punting each other. Overtaking is hard on not easy.
Try to think to overtake the car in front without touching the car infront. Try to find out where the driver in front is slower then you. This will of course make your winning chances less, but your racing will increase to sky high happines.

Regards

Erling Bøhmer

I'm not saying it was not my fault, but i was level with the lada at the first corner and got squeezed, like i said i got a good start and made the decision to try and make up some places, was it right or wrong, if it had worked i would of gained two or three places, if i had slowed down and stayed behind the Lada i would of lost 2 or 3 places.

I race clean and anyone who has raced against me will say the same, if i dont think i can take the place i will slow and have another go somewhere else.

I APPOLOGISE TO EVERYONE IF THEY THINK MY DECISION WAS WRONG AND GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE ACCIDENT, but put yourself in my position at the start and what would you do.

One last thing, i was not responsible for all the crashes at the first corner.

Cedric and Robert, I watched the replay and it looked like a racing incident to me. No hard feelings, these things happen in Touring Car racing.
The filed was very bunched at that time.
see you guys next week.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 122 27.7%
  • Full game

Votes: 102 23.1%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.5%