RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well this was two races to forget fast....

1 because off my bad braking into the chicane in race 1, two times. I even took out other drivers too. Sorry for that.
2. wrong calulateing of fuel.
3. Hit serverl times bye one driver in a Honda. He puntet me going into t1 and then overtake at exit off T1
4. Got hit going into chicane and then hit car in front.

race 2
1. One Honda driver think that he can win at T1 lap1 and makes all car behind get a terribel time. I was last because off that.
2. One Peugeot hit my car 5 times before getting past. Can you try less hits next time you overtake? 0 touches is a good target.
3. Honda driver hit my rear and i spin out, no waiting.

I tought that car-racing was a none contact sport, where gentelmans is driving. Maybe i am wrong of course. Today i felt it was more rallycross. I see that same is complaing regards cutting. try to remember the race at Pau. How many did cut the crubes going out to start /finish ?

Regards

Erling Bøhmer

I think it's me who owes you the apology to be honest Ross. In the first race I didn't want to give up round turn 6 and I took it a little tight for two cars. On the apex I lost you in my mirrors so I thought I had passed you and took a tight exit which resulted in you hitting me. Was probably my fault :frown: Sorry about the tap into T1 in race 2 too, I wanted to pass you but without putting you into the chasing pack. I was thinking of a way to let you back through before the finish, maybe brake on the line, but you then disappeared :frown:

I was a bit nervous to be honest, first bit of racing I had done in a couple of months. I tweaked my standard FWD suspension setup from 98/98/105/105 to 98/98/95/95 and I was worried it would oversteer when the tyres got worn. Was very good in the end, felt like I had more grip through some corners and really concentrating on trying to hit each apex made for a much better race here than I had last time.

I was happy with qualifying, was aiming for a sub 1.34.8 and I got it so second on the grid for me with a bloomin BMW behind :frown: Got jumped by Aristide on the start and didn't really try to block him as my start wasn't too hot. Was slightly better than Keith's and sticking close to Aristide through T1 got me into second. Had a massive problem over the next few laps keeping Keith behind before he got past, not before he had caved my boot in however. I then got swamped by the chasing pack and in classic touring car style kept losing two/three places at a time before the pit window came up. On some tracks pitting late for two tyres doesn't really work but it came good for me here. Fresher tyres allowed me to get past a couple of guys before me and Ross came together. I thought I might catch up to Michael and Aristide again as they were having a massive fight but I couldn't do it so I had to settle for 5th.

For race 2 I got a pretty much perfect start but those in front didn't do too bad either. Aristide once again burned off into the front for T1 but I could only follow in 6th. I did however have plenty of space behind me which gave me time to pick the optimal line through T1 which got me up into 3rd behind David and Ross. Unlike in race 1, I wasn't under any pressure for the first lap so I could take it a bit easier. I followed David for a bit until I caught up a few laps later. I tried to pass into T1 but I ran slightly wide, blocking David. I thought that was a bit unfair so I let off the throttle a little to let him past but this allowed the pack to close in. It stayed this way up until the pit window where I held third but found Karl had done some good laps and got up into first with Ross following. My fresher tyres once again allowed me to close up to Ross and we had a nice little battle up until the last couple of laps where we had a slight coming together at a couple of corners which unfortunately resulted in him being swallowed up by the pack. I then drove a couple of tight laps to take second.

To be honest I received/gave a bit of contact in both races but didn't see any major repeated cuts. I guess it was a similar story throughout the whole field so I can imagine why people will be a bit miffed with the evening. I'm just glad to do a bit of racing again, been a bit boring this semester at uni so far, so thanks to RD for hosting :wink:

Ugh, no real idea why I was slow today, maybe just not enough track time.

Some of the driving was bad, but I have seen worse in this club, but the first lap incidents in both races were HORRIBLE!

Not going to do a full report as it was just me going slow due to setup and other issues.

Sorry to Leonardo Tuma for the rub in race one, never saw you there, wasn't expecting you to try and go round the outside there at turn 6.
Sorry also to Chis Butcher, when you had that slide, I saw you doing it, lifted to avoid you, but just kissed your un-settled Seat's arse. Sorry mate, will brake next time. And to Michael van scheppingen for the last lap tag in the second race, just missed my braking point, sry.

"C) The defending driver is allowed to defend his position by changing lines once per straight. As soon as the overtaking car has overlap on the straight the defending driver can only use the width of the track between the overtaking car on the one side and the track boundary on the other side to move in, without applying physical force to widen it."

This rule seems to be overlooked by a number of drivers...so I am posting this to refresh everyone's memory.

When a car is coming up beside you exiting a corner inside or outside....if you are slightly ahead you DO NOT have the right to move your car into the other pushing them off track. I understand people are racing for position, but you cannot force your opponent off track. PERIOD

Another thing....When a car is inside and completing a pass....what is the benefit of turning into a car that is beside you? It results in you going off and the passing driver wondering if he should wait. This happened way to much in this race.

Ive got more to say but will leave it for now.

I will run a Chevy

You need to change the line in the .ini for the car to this

[Chevrolet Lacetti ATCC]

That's the only change needed and should now look like this

Code:
[[[Michelin Racing]]]

[[The Stig]]

[Chevrolet Lacetti ATCC]

body=michelin lacetti.dds
windows=stigwindows.dds
interiorwindows=stigint.dds
ext_driver=stigextsuit.dds