RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Really good fun tonight, the balance between speed and economy was perfect.

Front tyres 74/78/82 81/77/74 with toe in -20
Rear tyres 66/67/67 67/67/66 with toe in 20

Most tyre wear was 21% at rear due to spinning up coming out of turns.

Brakes only locked up once, but that was my fault otherwise feel just right.

Engine sound good, but not as good as the STCC camaro deep throb that is the sound of heaven.

:eek: ARRRGH!!! :eek:

Oh I don't beleive it! Race 1. After a good start where I pass Eric in the first corner. The proceed to have battles with Eric and Stefan unti this. I crashed on the fast 4th gear right hander just after the hairpin, just when I thought, "I'll have you under braking Stefan" (he had just run wide on the exit of the hairpin onto the grass). I turned in at what was my normal point, wasn't even really pushing, but the car just understeered into the wall and I go into the air, thankfully stopping off the racing line, argh! DNF

Video will be up soon after YT processes it.

Race two was good aswell. Got past people through some unfortunate touches into the first corner. Up to 5th, but after a few laps I screw it up going into the second corner and drop to 8th. Just out braked myself, which I found rather easy to do at times with my brakes reaching 600+ C in the bigger/harder braking zones. (This is most likely due to the fact that, I'm not the greatest on my brakes, pressure was at 95%, bias was 57.0 / 43.0. So can I have a big brake duct to help me please? :wink:)

Unfortunatly the same corner again destroyed my race, taken my splitter off making the braking a little worse, butthe car wasn't horrible without it. Then near the end of the race, I puncture my right front tyre after pushing too hard trying to catch Freddie who was in 7th. Now just wanting to keep fellow Scot Norman behind me, I go slower to try and stay on the track . But that dreaded right hander comes and bites me again, and I puncture my left front now. YAY.

Unfortunatly I don't have enough fuel to even try getting round on punctured fronts so I DNF in race 2.

Though I have to say, it was good fun. Some of the best, cleanest and fairest racing I've had on here. Would like to thank the mod makers for this Cheve, and Larose for uploading his setup. I take days to make setups so that was a life saver. Made the car nice and predictable in what it did.

To me, the car was better than expected. Tyre temp and wear seemed nice and consistent even when pushing it. It felt extremely well balanced (my WTCC Alfa isn't this finely balanced) when using Larose's setup. Fuel comsumption is really high, but its a big V8, what ya do. Does add a little strategy into things, I think if the race lenght was longer you may see some people trying to save enough fuel out so to sit in the pits less, or people who will just go full pelt and try and make a gap. I liked the engine note, but on shifting from 3rd to 4th, there seemed a strange lull in the sound, car only really felt great after 5500rpm. I like the Muscle cup Camaro noise the best to be honest.

So hope I can race in the RDCCC as this would be sooo much fun to race in a cup.

Cya all next time.

Great fun! Qualified 5. Race 1 last lap I was in 5th chasing down Martin. Martin ran out of gas and there was an incident between 2 cars on the finish straight. Left it wide open for a 2nd place finish. :)
Race 2 I was involved in a little fender rubbing which unfortunately sent Andreas off into the dirt. Sorry, but I did wait for you. That left me in last place. Worked my way up to 4th and found myself behind Martin again. I started to gain a little on him and realized he was running short of gas again. He finally ran out on the last corner (that sucks) and I went by to finsh 3rd with 1.3 ltrs left.

The car.
Tires are still running to cold I think. You start at 80 and then they level out btween 69 and 70. Motec reports and average temp of fl 73, fr 59, rl 63 and rr 61. I think a good 15+% more heat would be nice. This also caused a loss in tire pressure. I was down 5kpa on all but the front left which was up 3kpa. The wear seems correct. After 25 minutes of racing I still had 90% remaining on all but the front left 84%. This seems normal to me.
The brakes remained in the green for the whole race. Never once even going yellow. I saw temps rize to about 600 under braking on the front with rears about 300 cooler on average.
The engine sound used didn't seem beefy enough. I havn't had the chance to compare, but that's how it sounds to me.
This is a very nice mod as it is. Fun to drive but not quit the beast at the limit. A little more tweaking and it'll be great!
Keep at guy's and thanks for the races!

This track has a few spots that will be "golden" opportunities to fudge the Golden Rules (i.e. cutting). I am not so sure that it is basically a good idea to say that at certain tracks, there are portions where it is okay to not follow the Golden Rule (I know Brands Hatch is one of the few exceptions from past practice). I think it's better to just say no cutting, and no exceptions....

But, just in case Eric thinks otherwise....

Eric any section of this track were one can forgo the Golden Rule about the minimum of 2 tires on the track at all times? I can think of at least 3 places where mucho time can be made up by using tarmac/run-off outside the yellow line....

I didn't race, but I did put in some practice laps. Tyre temps seemed to stay a bot too low indeed. My brakes however went into the red after the first long straight. My brake bias was 50,5-49,5 and still there was quite a difference between front and rear brake temps.
Can't comment on sounds as I can't compare them, I do agree tho that they can be a bit heavier.

Overall the car was nice, maybe a bit too much grip. I really had to put the setup towards oversteer to actually start to lose the back end, which seems a bit too forgiving for a large muscle car.

Data:

Front: 67/70/72 61/59/56 Camber -4.4/-4.6 Toe -.4 Springs 210 Bar 3.5
Rear: 63/64/63 62/62/61 Camber -.7/-.7 Toe .2 Springs 60 Bar 0.0 Wing 2

Front Wear (%Remain) after 11 Laps: 84.4/90.6 Rear: 89.3/89.2

Sound: Sounds a little thin and warbly near the limiter, like it's running out of breath.
Oil Temp 91/Water 85 with 4 Duct. Maybe 10% off Loop 1 per MotecAdd (Normal Engine Wear)

Still sucks gas at 7.84L/lap, putting the pit window at 10Laps, about half that of a Nationwide car this year.

Ran out of gas in the final corner race 1 (P7). Through creative shifting, finished with .6l left race 2 (P6).

race 1: Started from pole and tried from beginning to watch on fuel. With Yves behind me i needed a bit over 8 l and so would be hard to finish. After Yves had a little spin behind me i got enought room to make slow as i needed to save fuel for finish the race in P1.

race 2: Started in the field and found no room to win places. Tried the outside line second corner but got a little tap from the inside and run wide over the grass. But no problem, i think there was not much room for everyone. Then the field sorted out and i could pass car by car. Yves in P1 was already 6.5 sec away. I pushed but also watched every lap on my fuel level. I reached Yves in the end of the race but now i had also make some laps with fuel under 8 l. So hard to attack and saving fuel :tongue:. With 2 laps left Yves little mistake gives me the way to pass. Last lap i started with 7,8 i think which reach exactly on start finish line. Almost got Yves P1 back, only 0,028 sec on the line.

Sure i had fun but i would not call it really racing. I shift with beginning of the yellow and drove some corners in third instead of second. I dont watched on laptmes or gaps, only is the fuel ok or not, this is annoying to me. I really hope the league will be not like this.

The car: Think the car felt better, if you are not too late on braking which cause some understeer. My front tyres got good temperature around 90°C. Only the left one goes over 100 in the long right. This causes almost double tyre wear to the right side, but i got no tyre wear warning in the 25 minutes. The rear tyres got temperatures i think about 73°C, no different from left to right one. My brake temperture was maximum over
500°C.

My sound hitlist - I think a new car needs also his own sound so:

1. the sound from the event
2. STCC Camaro
3. Race On Camaro

btw.: Was anything change with the inside mirrow :confused:, think not but maybe also not the main problem.

Knock, Knock

Yep, it's me again....

I know I ain't the fastest, and I hope I ain't the slowest, but as a mid-pack runner, 12 laps here will be about 34 minutes per race. I would say the fast guys will easily be running in the 2:40-1 range. Us mid-packers will be lucky to manage 2:43-4 per lap.

While I do enjoy longer races, to keep in the 25 minute per race guideline for Friday nights, I am thinking it will really be 10 laps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back