RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Any spots appear before the race, sign me up.

RD event rules agreed: Yes

I've organised events before and have banned the use of the green section, but most drivers ignored my ruling anyway and use the green section. In my opinion I can go just as fast round Brands if I use it or not, so I don't feel like it gains by using it. Also best way is to allow everyone to use it then we all have the same rules to go by.

Dariusz. I have to disagree with you there. I may not be racing the leaders [rarely]. But I'm still racing other cars. As the following car, even if quicker it's still the follower's responsibility to make a safe pass. It's better and safer to let a lapping car through on a straight bit as I will always try to. On a circuit like Melbourne that may be tricky as the corners come thick and fast.

There are three warnings for three corners for a reason which is to allow the car that is being lapped an opportunity no to compromise its own race to let a faster car by.

Maybe i didn't make myself clear enough on this point, i don't denied the right for the lapped car to have its own fight/race if there is no safe place to let the faster car pass ( like a sequence of corners ) but if the faster car is a few meters behind on a straight way before the next corner, WHY the lapped car should continue and not let be passed before? It is not the straight that one is faster,the corners make ALL the difference. I,m talking about common sense and a bit of courtesy to your fellow driver(s).And if the lapped car is on its own i can't really understand why it wants to get involved in somebody else's fight. I,m not always fighting with the leaders and i,m also being lapped sometimes, if i see i,m coming to a corner with a faster car on my bumper i NEVER try to reach it, just let it pass before, simple lift off will do the trick, minimal time loss for both cars. As for Melbourne only the last 4 corners make passing difficult as they are close to each other, on any other part of the track it's easy to do it. I have lost podium finish due to not wanting to hit the lapped car as i,ve closed the distance rapidly in corner and that put me on back foot with the car i was fighting with. I would rather go off track( which i have done in the past ) and let it be passed then get involved and compromise somebody else race. But thats me, standards are obviously different for others.

When I am being lapped, I try to allow the leaders by at the soonest possible opportunity. If it is not at the beginning of a long straight, I try to allow them by at approach to the next turn (conceding the preferred line). I also try to indicate "inside" or "outside" on TS.

However, there have been a few times where it is hard to judge where the leader intends to make their move. If they don't drop out of line on approach to the turn, I may have to try to make the turn on the normal racing line. That's when it is up to the faster driver to indicate their intention to make the pass. If I happen to be racing another driver for position, I may wait for the best opportunity to concede when I will lose the least ground to the car I am racing with (or even better, set the other driver up for losing ground to the faster car I just let by).

Hi Yves I'm going to drop out of this tonight really knackered after work, with a lack of constration it's not a good idea I'm racing powerful cars like these it will only end up being a complete mess, thought I could handle it.

Again really sorry for the late withdrawl but have fun guys

I agree about responsibilty.

I can also tel you this track has had its share of cut reports from events hosted previously.

If there is a place that a cut can be made without a cut warning from the game, there will always be drivers who cut there. This is one of those tracks.

History shows thi to be true and why I specifically detailed cutting infractions and acceptable cuts for the event. BUt either my warnings etc. worked, or nobody wanted to report cutting in the event.

if you don;t report abusive cutting you witness, then why won;t it continue form those drivers who cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back