RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Definitly not my best event, after such a promising practice where I did my fastest lap ever on that track. But unfortunaly I make a bad mistake in the finale chicane section and then start 19th.

The races were pretty good, some incidents, some good overtaking. But I really wasn't competative. That track was soo harsh on my tyres, I struggled to make them last.

But, the second race, was HORRIBLE, UTTER CARNAGE on lap 1.

I have to say sorry to Paul Herman and Giorgio Migazzi for the tap I gave you two on lap 1, but I let you two pass me so hope no hard feelings.

But my taps were NOTHING compared to the other stuff that happened.

First Marius Neverauskas and Paul Herman touch going into the 2nd corner, sending Marius wide onto the grass. Now Marius is a passanger, hits the tyre barrier, gets sent flying back onto the track, and unfortunatly collects Terry Harmer. Both now DNF.

Next Dan Allinson unfortunatly hits Bill Jones (Dan was apologetic on TS), moving him into Morten Wernerson sending him into the barrier, but no more damage for Lacetti drivers. But Dan's Seat was still in the thick of it.

Next, with Dan's rear sliding out after the contact with Bill, Oliver runs into Dan's rear and sends him into a half spin. Then Migazzi taps Phillip into a little slide. Then from slowing down after a little tap to Dan (which sent Dan across the track where I narrowly miss him) he is hit by an unaware Gunther Rowe, which then concertinas with Piotreck Blaszczak, Ross Colon and Mark Guy all comming together due to Gunther hitting Piotreck. This then sends Ross into the air.

Heres some pictures.

Race_Steam 2010-09-05 17-33-22-92.jpg Race_Steam 2010-09-05 17-34-54-18.jpg Race_Steam 2010-09-05 17-35-36-45.jpg

Loved the track, the car, not so much.I've never really been able to get a handle on these things. Qualified last and through pure luck finished 3rd in the first race. The second race was just a nightmare, I'm still dizzy from all the spins. Finshed last -1 lap. But as always, still had fun trying. Grat's to winners, you really earned it in this one.

Wow, a race meeting with emotion from both ends of the scale.

As I'd used the Honda when I first came back to racing a couple of months ago. Then to the Vauxhall when it rejoined, I thought that as the Vectra was being removed for being "unbalanced" I'd go for one of the slower cars. The Pug 407 sprung to mind straight away. I obviously wasn't expecting too much and thought I'd be fighting to get near the top 10 in Qual!!

Warm Up: Didn't go as smoothly as I would like. Only because I was a bit late joining (help the wife and kids to get to club). Rushed myself to get up to the pace I was running yesterday offline. Not sensible at a track that requires rhythm to be fast. I did get down to the low 1.13's towards the end when I stopped pushing.

Qual: Took the fuel out for Qual and decided to go for a more measured approached than the last 2 meetings where I've pushed hard and ended up going slower. I was very pleased (and a little surprised) to do a 1:12.6 with a relatively cautious lap!! Good enough for 2nd behind Oliver and only just ahead of Ryan. Much better than I expected for my first run in the Pug 407 :).

Race 1: The other end of the emotional scale was reached in race 1 :(. All the promise that Qual had shown did not translate well to the race. I got a very poor start and then over cautious in the first couple of corners and got well and truly mugged!!! Down to 7th I was then pushing like in practice too hard too early and I was getting very messy. Had one big off that I got away with, then another I didn't. Damaged my suspension, but carried on until my planned pit window. Pitted with the hope of getting a bit of space and closing some time back. After the stops I was back out among the top 6 and in with a shot of decent result. David Zafiu was behind and I had a horrible moment coming through and out of the first chicane. The car just pitched of to the left and into the barriers sustaining a puncture. As I recovered David was waiting for me. I gathered at that point that there may have been contact, but I didn't feel it and I highly doubt it had much to do with the eventual outcome. Thank you for stopping though David :good:. Pitted again and returned in 13th with about 8mins left. Pushed on and got a nice rhythm again and finished 11th.

Race 2: Got away better this time, but there was an incident down at T4 and I had to take evasive action and got a gentle tap from behind. Gained a position from it though and up to 10th. Got involved in a couple of nice battles behind Simon who was running 5th I think. Then whilst right on the tail of a Seat I got too close coming into the amazing flatout chicane towards the end of the lap, had to lift mid corner and lost the tail and slid into the wall :(. Had a couple of untidy laps and was caught by James. Settled myself down again and set about fixing my mess. Started to close back on the group again and wanted to take pitstop early to get some clear track. Had to wait a lap until window opened and Simon went off anyway. Pitted and returned out in 7th. Pushed on, until into 6th, but couldn't close the gap to 5th.

Great racing at times and a fantastic little track. Just can't help, but think of the wasted promise that Qual had shown, but happy to be competitive in the Pug and getting more comfortable with my new pedals.

Thanks Ryan and RD for another gr8 sunday mornings racing :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back