Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Pretty fun race.. need some AI though if people are going to skip out on showing up. Only had one bad mistake, but no spins so I'm pretty happy about that. I guess I shouldn't have changed tires and I may have been able to maintain third, but Beans was all over my bumper for a few laps so I don't know if that would have held up.

SEASON 3 sign ups so far

TAMAR RACING
@Ben Milden @Rob McEwan

SUPLEX CITY RACING
@Adam Morris @Andrew Holmes

DARK HORSE ENGINERING
@Benjamin McC @Lance Loomis

SPAM FRITTER RACING
@Gareth Williams Williams

@LIAMATTHURSO

NLR ENGINEERING
@Dean Ragan
@omari watson 1

TBC
@Adam marks
@ChristosG99

SCUDERIA
@Teix7
@Steve1683

TBC
@Steven Bold

1. @Ben Milden ASTON MARTIN V12 #111
2. @Rob McEwan ASTON MARTIN V12 #112
3. @Adam Morris BMW M3 #85
4. @Andrew Holmes BMW M3 #86
5. @Gareth Williams BMW M3 #40
6. @LIAMATTHURSO BMW M3 #41
7. @Benjamin McC ASTON MARTIN V12 #007
8. @Lance Loomis ASTON MARTIN V12 #100
9. @Dean Ragan BMW M3 #76
10. @Adam marks MERCEDES GT3 #9
11. @omari watson 1 BMW M3 #4
12. @ChristosG99 BMW M3 #99
13. @Teix7 BMW M3 #46
14. @Steve1683 ASTON MARTIN V12 #45
15. @Steven Bold BMW M3 #29

Last edited:
I found last night a bit frustrating to be honest. I have a few questions for you guys, as I don't think I'm clear on the rules and setup...

1. everyone came into the pits at nurburgring... at this point, I had fuel to last me the race and my tyres probably would have lasted too (maybe, I'm not sure on that). I decided to follow Rob into the pits as I thought maybe a stop was required, but as I didn't need fuel, I just changed tyres.

The result was me sat in the pits for a tyre change and losing about 20 seconds on Rob, who I'm guessing didn't change - if not, why the stop??

2. how do you guys set out the rules for track limits? I've always tried to maintain 2 wheels on the track, but that doesn't seem to be the case for most people. I'm not trying to moan here, but I'm already way off the pace of you all, so if I'm being too conservative on track too, it just widens the gap even more.

Following Rob (sorry Rob, not a moan at you, just that we were close-ish on track), I would close up over the course of the lap, only to be left behind again at the last chicane.

After retiring, I went on board with several of you and it was regular to see people straight-lining that chicane, and taking liberties elsewhere too.

At one point, I also saw a close battle on track and the lead car missed the chicane, took the recovery road and didn't give up the position to the guy behind that did make the chicane (sort of!) - now again, you guys may have been talking to each other and been happy with this, but I'm just trying to understand what is considered 'fair'.

I put a couple of clips in this video. I'd just like to understand what is acceptable, as I'm really struggling to understand how to keep up with you guys as it is.

On another note, have any of you guys been on board when I've been driving? I feel like I'm taking the same lines and my pace feels solid, but I'm so far off the pace I really confused by what I'm doing wrong. I would imagine I'm not doing a good job of keeping speed through the corners and onto the straights, but I'm not feeling like the car is allowing me to do that - I do appreciate that some of the gap will simply come down to experience though, but if you have any other tips for me, I'd really appreciate it.

I found last night a bit frustrating to be honest. I have a few questions for you guys, as I don't think I'm clear on the rules and setup...

1. everyone came into the pits at nurburgring... at this point, I had fuel to last me the race and my tyres probably would have lasted too (maybe, I'm not sure on that). I decided to follow Rob into the pits as I thought maybe a stop was required, but as I didn't need fuel, I just changed tyres.

The result was me sat in the pits for a tyre change and losing about 20 seconds on Rob, who I'm guessing didn't change - if not, why the stop??

2. how do you guys set out the rules for track limits? I've always tried to maintain 2 wheels on the track, but that doesn't seem to be the case for most people. I'm not trying to moan here, but I'm already way off the pace of you all, so if I'm being too conservative on track too, it just widens the gap even more.

Following Rob (sorry Rob, not a moan at you, just that we were close-ish on track), I would close up over the course of the lap, only to be left behind again at the last chicane.

After retiring, I went on board with several of you and it was regular to see people straight-lining that chicane, and taking liberties elsewhere too.

At one point, I also saw a close battle on track and the lead car missed the chicane, took the recovery road and didn't give up the position to the guy behind that did make the chicane (sort of!) - now again, you guys may have been talking to each other and been happy with this, but I'm just trying to understand what is considered 'fair'.

I put a couple of clips in this video. I'd just like to understand what is acceptable, as I'm really struggling to understand how to keep up with you guys as it is.

On another note, have any of you guys been on board when I've been driving? I feel like I'm taking the same lines and my pace feels solid, but I'm so far off the pace I really confused by what I'm doing wrong. I would imagine I'm not doing a good job of keeping speed through the corners and onto the straights, but I'm not feeling like the car is allowing me to do that - I do appreciate that some of the gap will simply come down to experience though, but if you have any other tips for me, I'd really appreciate it.

This may have been a serious race, but since there was no points on offer, I think the majority of the field (including myself) drove more aggressive than what we usually would.

The final chicane. It is very easy to cut it and gain time, but there is a line you can take which doesn't invalidate your lap time (this is where you where probably losing a lot of your lap time). In the video, Ben (mildenman27) uses that line.

Saying that, you are improving every time I see you out on track, so keep up the good work and you'll be racing us at the front very soon :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

In the video, what you seen at about 55 seconds didn't happen ok, Don't tell anyone :barefoot:

1. In Regards To The Stop We Did That As Practice Really As Its Mandatory On Race Day To Stop For Tyres In The Feature Race As The Rules State Fuel Doesn't Matter Well Adding More I Mean Just Fill Up For The Race Distance, Most Did Not Change Tyres In The Test Race So I Can Understand The Concern But Dont Worry In Official Races Everyone Has To Change Tyres And Its Easily Policed

2.Tracks Limits Are Also Stated In The Rules As Long As All 2 Wheels Are Still Within The Kurbs/White Line Its Ok As U Seen We All Try To Extract The Maximum From Each Circuit Which Means Using All The Track Available And If There Are Certain Corners That Cause Concern Everyone Is Updated On Limits Before Each Event Bare In Mind Also It Was Only A Test Race We Wouldn't Be As Aggressive Ect With Limits Come Race Day And Would Give Back Posistions If Needed Ect.

3.In Regards To Your Current Pace Your Doing Very Well To Be Honest Dude Setups Key In This Game To Finding The Pace Of The Car Especially In The Aston Maybe @Ben Milden and @Benjamin McC Might Be Able To Help You With Setups As They Are Running The Same Car But You Have To Bare In Mind Most Of Us Here Have Been League Racing For Years Now And This Group Is Full Of Some Of The Quickest Guys Ive Seen On This Game So It Will Take Time To Get To Our Kind Off Pace But From What Ive Seen You Can Do That With The Right Setup And More Time In The Car :) Also Try Using As Much Of The Track As Possibly Allowed As U Will Find Time There

If U Need Any Help At All Just Message Us Mate We Always Happy To Help But Dont Worry As Benji Says Your Doing Very Well With Some More Time You'll Be Up There.

1. In Regards To The Stop We Did That As Practice Really As Its Mandatory On Race Day To Stop For Tyres In The Feature Race As The Rules State Fuel Doesn't Matter Well Adding More I Mean Just Fill Up For The Race Distance, Most Did Not Change Tyres In The Test Race So I Can Understand The Concern But Dont Worry In Official Races Everyone Has To Change Tyres And Its Easily Policed

2.Tracks Limits Are Also Stated In The Rules As Long As All 2 Wheels Are Still Within The Kurbs/White Line Its Ok As U Seen We All Try To Extract The Maximum From Each Circuit Which Means Using All The Track Available And If There Are Certain Corners That Cause Concern Everyone Is Updated On Limits Before Each Event Bare In Mind Also It Was Only A Test Race We Wouldn't Be As Aggressive Ect With Limits Come Race Day And Would Give Back Posistions If Needed Ect.

3.In Regards To Your Current Pace Your Doing Very Well To Be Honest Dude Setups Key In This Game To Finding The Pace Of The Car Especially In The Aston Maybe @Ben Milden and @Benjamin McC Might Be Able To Help You With Setups As They Are Running The Same Car But You Have To Bare In Mind Most Of Us Here Have Been League Racing For Years Now And This Group Is Full Of Some Of The Quickest Guys Ive Seen On This Game So It Will Take Time To Get To Our Kind Off Pace But From What Ive Seen You Can Do That With The Right Setup And More Time In The Car :) Also Try Using As Much Of The Track As Possibly Allowed As U Will Find Time There

If U Need Any Help At All Just Message Us Mate We Always Happy To Help But Dont Worry As Benji Says Your Doing Very Well With Some More Time You'll Be Up There.

Thanks, a lot of that makes sense. I'm struggling to get much out of the car at the moment, and I'm trying to learn the setup by feel. I've tried a few of the setup changes from the guys, but I actually found the car harder to drive... I think this comes down to my experience of course.

I've heard that the Aston is a car that needs a good set up on each track to get the best out of it - do you think I would be better sticking to a 'noob' friendly car for my first season that doesn't need as much work, like the Z4 I was originally going to run?
In fairness, the slight lack of pace from the car isn't going to affect my competitiveness while I'm learning anyway.

Thanks, a lot of that makes sense. I'm struggling to get much out of the car at the moment, and I'm trying to learn the setup by feel. I've tried a few of the setup changes from the guys, but I actually found the car harder to drive... I think this comes down to my experience of course.

I've heard that the Aston is a car that needs a good set up on each track to get the best out of it - do you think I would be better sticking to a 'noob' friendly car for my first season that doesn't need as much work, like the Z4 I was originally going to run?
In fairness, the slight lack of pace from the car isn't going to affect my competitiveness while I'm learning anyway.

The Aston Is Abit To Difficult To Get Working I Feel So I Would Suggest Jumping In The M3 And trying That i Can Send Setups If Needed but Dont Use The z4 its to Underpowered Just Try Not To Worry To Much About Current Pace Youll Get There I Can Guarantee U Already Have Decent Pace Under Your Belt Keep It Up

Try The M3

The Aston Is Abit To Difficult To Get Working I Feel So I Would Suggest Jumping In The M3 And trying That i Can Send Setups If Needed but Dont Use The z4 its to Underpowered Just Try Not To Worry To Much About Current Pace Youll Get There I Can Guarantee U Already Have Decent Pace Under Your Belt Keep It Up

Try The M3

Ok, I'll do some more testing on a few tracks tonight. Cheers for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 213 17.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 656 54.3%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 53 4.4%
  • Shoes

Votes: 152 12.6%