AC Porsche 911 Singer @ Feldbergring - Sunday 26th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well,
I just noticed that I bit of ( a lot) more than I can chew.

A lot has have to happen before I trust this car inbetween other human beings :rolleyes:
( no way that this has to do with inferior driving technique, it´s just a difficult car on unfitting tyres :redface:)

Let´s see how it progresses in the next days, I probably will chicken out again before I kill someone.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Wow. Didn't take long for me to decide I'm almost certainly skipping this one.

For me it's now not about finishing a lap quickly, it's about finishing a lap at all.
Maybe I'll try again later, but with the amount of work I have for the following days, I probably have no chance to get to a level of control that would be needed.

Last edited:
Hardly needs a poll when group c is an option!?
Well, the GTO/Griffith is the most chosen so far so....
Maybe Group C's speed scares people off.
But while the GTO/Griffith are considerably slower, they are harder to drive imo.

If group C is not selected then I have in mind a Long Track (>10km) championship with the longest Fat_Alfie tracks and with Highlands Long, Black Cat County Long, LeMans and of course the Nordschleife.

I haven't go a clue which setup changes will make this car more driveable. So much understeer. Any suggestions (or a setup)?

This is where i am at with it. This could be the wrong way to do it and I would guess it is the opposite to how the Enzo, Reik or the alien guys go about setting up this car. Maybe we will be able to compare them after the race ;)

To me the car feels as though it is set up completely wrong, maybe they are using real world setup parameters rather than what feels right in sim world. Again I could be taking out of my exhaust :)

Attachments

• race.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 45
  • race.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 53
I haven't go a clue which setup changes will make this car more driveable. So much understeer. Any suggestions (or a setup)?
If you're using the AWD version Han (saw your entry in sgp), this is the setup I was playing with before I swapped to rwd, don't know if you'll get on with it, but it doesn't understeer (as long as you're trail braking).

After trying both I'd say it's slower than rwd (3 seconds on race fuel) but much safer - if I'm tired on Sunday I'll prob swap back to it, rwd is a lively fecker :laugh:

Attachments

• Singer AWD Feldberg jp wip 6.9.ini
    978 bytes · Views: 32
Last edited:
I tried a few laps last night in the RWD on the off-chance I could make the race. Sadly it's going to be too dangerous for me to race a full hour. I got a feel for the cornering but when the car got into an uncontrollable spin twice on random places on the flat out section that made my mind up.

I think I would enjoy it on a shorter flatter track, though.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back