AC Porsche 911 Singer @ Feldbergring - Sunday 26th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading to the @Fat-Alfie 11.4 km Feldbergring masterpiece for some GT racing!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Link to the RD community on S.GP is here. You need to sign-up and join to access our race servers.

Need a warm-up or want to start online/multiclass racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 +1 multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

0nUQfCZ.jpg

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 1 hour 20minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

• Porsche 911 Singer 4.0
  • Porsche 911 Singer 4.0 AWD

Event details:

• Track: Feldbergring
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 32C Air / 39C Track
  • Track Condition: Heat Wave
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Same here I reckon!

Not just for correct 911 reasons. Found the AWD a bit of a pig to get through the tighter corners. Some finnish folk will make it work no doubt :D
Yes, same here for me. I tried both and the 4WD just felt a bit too front heavy which I know sounds strange given that the Porsche normally is tail happy but I guess with that extra weight up front changes the physics somewhat.

So 2wd for me so far.

The 964 has a rearward wheight distribution (doh, engine behind the rear axle :rolleyes:) which makes it prone to understear. At least the irl example I drove could be coaxed to oversteer by throttle application.
The awd car senses rear slip and then applies torque to the front wheels with the visco clutch in the middle.

In my limited esperience ( one car, only a few repetitions, street tyres, warm and dry tarmac) the transition could clearly be felt as the "popometer" reports:

" rear is starting to get twitchy, prepare to open steering.
Ah, belay that, it settled on it´s own."

As a Porsche Developer explained the Visco Clutch senses revolution differences between front and rear like a "honey pot":

stir a spoon slowly in it, the spoon moves through the honey, stir it faster, it takes the glass with it.

BUT:
the wheight difference of about 150kg´s to the rwd could clearly be felt.

If put to the choice ;) I´d opt for the Cayman anyways, minus 300 kg,s.:cool:

Oh, and may I have the password please, I´d like to try it with the simcar too.

Thanks Carsten

The 964 has a rearward wheight distribution (doh, engine behind the rear axle :rolleyes:) which makes it prone to understear. At least the irl example I drove could be coaxed to oversteer by throttle application.
The awd car senses rear slip and then applies torque to the front wheels with the visco clutch in the middle.

In my limited esperience ( one car, only a few repetitions, street tyres, warm and dry tarmac) the transition could clearly be felt as the "popometer" reports:

As a Porsche Developer explained the Visco Clutch senses revolution differences between front and rear like a "honey pot":

stir a spoon slowly in it, the spoon moves through the honey, stir it faster, it takes the glass with it.

BUT:

Thanks Carsten
I'm off to find myself some Stuttgart honey! :D

BUT:

Thanks Carsten

Hi Carsten. Ye it has a laggy torsen awd alright. My only experience of it is in vans where it is usefull at times for pulling trailers from soft margins... Maybe some folks tow a posh caravan with these :)

Anyhow, pm sent :)

Latest News

Back