AC Porsche 911 Singer @ Deutschlandring - Mon 06 Apr 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey Denis, an inspired combo matey, thanks so much for tonight's event :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed tonight (obviously!) But was gutted to see @Kresh out so early in the 2nd race - you were getting so much quicker each lap you drove, you're such a fair racer I was really looking forward to the race:thumbsup:

Thanks to all for tonight, and for the banter afterwards - so, take care of ourselves and see you next time.

Yea mate that was an awesome combo. I had so much fun just driving the track, as I was learning it more I was finding more time in it but no where near your pace mate you were on another level great driving :thumbsup:. My goal was just to try to keep you on sight so I can enjoy the beautiful red Singer in front :D. I knew I could never mount a real challenge but it was fun trying none the less. Is always a pleasure racing you whenever we get the chance to and thank you for the kind words. Cheers mate.

Um, partly my fault. :( :redface:

It was just a racing incident mate, maybe it was a bit optimistic from me to go round the outside :(.

I still had great fun, this car and track where an awesome combo. Thank you for organizing these races mate, always a pleasure.

I had a great time and a most welcome break from the work day -- great way to spend an extended lunch break while on lockdown here in the USA. I really appreciate the camaraderie.

I love the old school cars and am partial to Porsche's with flat 6 motors -- my IRL track car has a flat 6, albeit mid-engined. I wish the Singer was a bit more visceral in terms if engine noise thought -- thought the sound was a bit subdued.

The track is off the hook -- thank you @Fat-Alfie! Would love to do this track with other vintage marques. The 250 GTO? RSK Spyder? 906?

Cheers,
Dom

Last edited:
It’s a funny old world, to me it has the best sound of any car in AC. Just shows how personal taste is, well personal.:)
Indeedy Ernie, the sound is perfect (imo) it's the only time I've had music playing whilst driving - seemed to fit 'the mood' of car 'n track. Wouldn't fit for the mania of GT3 races, but this race really was more like escaping from the coppers, when you stole it :laugh:

You did not mention that in your setup, Rick Ashley would have kept me on the circuit. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
OK, I've now got 'Never Gonna Give You Up':poop: stuck in my head, so you asked for this boring waffle Ernie :p

....1st race was a mix of rock; The Who playing 'I Can See for Miles' seemed perfect for this beautiful track - just drive to Keith Moon's insane drumming:inlove: To think we looked like these mad buggers:D

2nd race was Lynyrd Skynyrd; Free Bird, Sweet Home Alabama and Simple Man. So hard to play the air guitar and drive:whistling:

Reason I put the tunes on was, as commented earlier, the car sound was so quiet, but incredibly realistic. Back in the mechanic days (80's) we rebuilt a 911 write-off, think it was a 3ltr. We drove the car for a month or so to make sure it was good for re-sale, we went through a new set of rear tyres in that time:laugh:. Not many cars gave us that much fun whilst scaring us half to death.

Latest News

Back