PHOTOreal |  PPfilter For Pure Gamma & LCS

Misc PHOTOreal | PPfilter For Pure Gamma & LCS 2.35

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Kash,
I like your script a lot. Using this script (manually installed) I am noticing an issue in VR (and in single-screen, actually) when sitting inside the car, though.

If the car has a display like Android Auto then the display is super-dark (basically unreadable). This also affects any gauges/instrument panels and video-style mirrors.

If I change the ppFilter to one of the defaults ("pure" or "pureLinear") then its completely fine with no other changes (ie: full brightness).

Any thoughts?

Hi Kash,
I like your script a lot. Using this script (manually installed) I am noticing an issue in VR (and in single-screen, actually) when sitting inside the car, though.

If the car has a display like Android Auto then the display is super-dark (basically unreadable). This also affects any gauges/instrument panels and video-style mirrors.

If I change the ppFilter to one of the defaults ("pure" or "pureLinear") then its completely fine with no other changes (ie: full brightness).

Any thoughts?
Must be the display brightness being set too low for certain cars. I had lowered it to compensate for glare so that it wouldn't be overly emissive. Seemed fine for the cars I tested but ideally the display should be at an optimal brightness. Will look into it, thanks for the feedback.

For reference, which cars is this issue present with?

Last edited:
For reference, which cars is this issue present with?
The one I tested with originally was NightVenom BMW M4 ("NV F92 M4" in car list) but that is a paid (Patreon) car.

I tried to find another car, but most of the cars I have are paid and there isn't really a way to search for cars that have that specific feature.

The best example I could come up with on short notice for something that doesn't cost money is the Infiniti G37 Coupe | TGN x Prvvy.

I cannot post a link in the message, but if you go to Patreon its:

/posts/release-tgn-g37-66936637

On this one, if you look at the instrument gauge right in front of the steering wheel its quite a bit brighter with the "pure" ppFilter than it is with this one. The blue circles around the gauges are fainter, and the lettering is quite a bit fainter. It isn't a huge difference in this case, but its visibly faded.

I'll see if I can find a better example after work, but for now these are the two that I can point at.

I think if a choice has to be made between too emissive and not emissive enough, its probably better to lean towards too emissive because if its too faint it makes reading the RPM indicators really hard which impacts your shift timing and such.

Last edited:
The one I tested with originally was NightVenom BMW M4 ("NV F92 M4" in car list) but that is a paid (Patreon) car.

I tried to find another car, but most of the cars I have are paid and there isn't really a way to search for cars that have that specific feature.

The best example I could come up with on short notice for something that doesn't cost money is the Infiniti G37 Coupe | TGN x Prvvy.

I cannot post a link in the message, but if you go to Patreon its:

/posts/release-tgn-g37-66936637

On this one, if you look at the instrument gauge right in front of the steering wheel its quite a bit brighter with the "pure" ppFilter than it is with this one. The blue circles around the gauges are fainter, and the lettering is quite a bit fainter. It isn't a huge difference in this case, but its visibly faded.

I'll see if I can find a better example after work, but for now these are the two that I can point at.

I think if a choice has to be made between too emissive and not emissive enough, its probably better to lean towards too emissive because if its too faint it makes reading the RPM indicators really hard which impacts your shift timing and such.
just tested the g37 out and this is what it is looking like on my end:
t.jpg

android auto seems fine
rev lights were also fine
i can see where your coming from with the speedometer, it is quite dark but it seems like it has nothing to do with light display or emissive levels. it just seems like it has some sort of overly reflective panel blocking it.

for example here is a similar interior from the porsche cayenne turbo s:
Untitled-1.jpg

i can see what you mean about android auto in instances such as this:
f.jpg

although i think it really just comes down to the car mod your using, regardless ill see if i can increase the interior emissives for the next update.

although i think it really just comes down to the car mod your using, regardless ill see if i can increase the interior emissives for the next update.
I suspect you are right. It definitely is not all cars.

I didn't realize I could paste pictures in this forum. For reference/comparison, here are images from the NightVenom BMW M4 that illustrate the difference:

PHOTOreal:
nightvenom_bmw_m4_w_photoreal.jpg

pureLinear:
nightvenom_bmw_m4_w_pure_linear.jpg

The main differences are the Android Auto, the clock radio, the lights on the speedometer, and the lights underneath the tachometer.

Like you said, I think if the emissives are increased that would probably solve the problem.

I definitely don't want to give anyone the wrong idea, though -- this is just a small thing I noticed with some cars. It isn't any kind of a deal-breaker or some big earth-shattering problem.

I suspect you are right. It definitely is not all cars.

I didn't realize I could paste pictures in this forum. For reference/comparison, here are images from the NightVenom BMW M4 that illustrate the difference:

PHOTOreal:
View attachment 787277

pureLinear:
View attachment 787280

The main differences are the Android Auto, the clock radio, the lights on the speedometer, and the lights underneath the tachometer.

Like you said, I think if the emissives are increased that would probably solve the problem.

I definitely don't want to give anyone the wrong idea, though -- this is just a small thing I noticed with some cars. It isn't any kind of a deal-breaker or some big earth-shattering problem.
Oh wow, yeah that is very dark. The interior display levels are typically controlled through the csp light display for majority of cars but in this case it is through emissive which I admittedly have set very low to compensate for higher glare levels. Thanks for showing this, I believe I have a workaround so look out for the issue to be fixed in a small update soon to come.

Just a quick post to confirm that the 2.25 update does indeed completely resolve the issue I was seeing -- the emissive lights (Android Auto, the clock radio, and lights in the instrument cluster) are all useable/readable now.

Thank you for your efforts, Kash. This looks really good.

Hi, I'm liking a lot your last updates, looks way better at night now.

One thing I want to ask (or maybe a request?) have you thought about adding different glare types?
I think that's the one thing missing on to make it the most realistic possible (maybe just my opinion lol)...
Like the one from pureReal (free here on overtake) or like others that have multiple options.

Or... if possible, any setting that we can copy from one ppfilter to yours to change its shape? :D

Hi, I'm liking a lot your last updates, looks way better at night now.

One thing I want to ask (or maybe a request?) have you thought about adding different glare types?
I think that's the one thing missing on to make it the most realistic possible (maybe just my opinion lol)...
Like the one from pureReal (free here on overtake) or like others that have multiple options.

Or... if possible, any setting that we can copy from one ppfilter to yours to change its shape? :D
hmm interesting proposal... i believe c13 has that sort of feature implemented and i believe i could possibly implement something similar with some time ill see what i can do. also i will be releasing a small update later today so be sure to look out for that. thank you.

Kash. updated PHOTOreal | PPfilter For Pure Gamma & LCS with a new update entry:

PHOTOreal 2.3 update | script adjustments

PHOTOreal 2.3 update

changelog:
- adjusted sun specular for LCS
- improved exposure for LCS
- adjusted brightness and saturation for gamma
- adjustments to emissives in LCS
- improved contrast in LCS

preview images

Gamma
View attachment 788597View attachment 788598View attachment 788599

LCS
View attachment 788600[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hmm interesting proposal... i believe c13 has that sort of feature implemented and i believe i could possibly implement something similar with some time ill see what i can do. also i will be releasing a small update later today so be sure to look out for that. thank you.
Yeah, I believe c13 has something like that, would be awesome.

One thing I've seen, glare shape can be seen from longer distance in ambient lights vs cars, for cars gotta be pretty upclose but in other lights it's seen since very far, is that some kind of setting?

Also definitely trying new update, will give you feedback.

Kash. updated PHOTOreal | PPfilter For Pure Gamma & LCS with a new update entry:

PHOTOreal 2.325 update | updated CSP settings and LCS adjustments

PHOTOreal 2.325 update

changelog:

- updated CSP preset
- fixed screenshot name format
- adjusted ambient radiosity saturation & vao exp
- adjusted contrast for night

one of the last updates i will probably do for a while. i feel like the filter is more or less stable enough now and hopefully you are also satisfied with the results it brings. please note that you do not have to use my CSP preset, so it is advisable to use a preset...

PHOTOreal 2.35 update | small but needed update

PHOTOreal 2.35 update

changelog:
- improved ambient radiosity saturation
- improved sun specular levels

this is a small update but in my opinion necessary one. i did mention in my previous update that i wouldnt be posting for a while but i will make an exception for this small update.

this will be the final update for a while enjoy.

here are some comparison images to demonstrate the changes:

Gamma - specular levels

before
[ATTACH...

Latest News

Back