PHOTOreal |  PPfilter For Pure Gamma & LCS

Misc PHOTOreal | PPfilter For Pure Gamma & LCS 2.35

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Kash. I just installed v2.1. Your instructions suggest using your CSP settings link which I did (although I don't know what your settings are!). Your script evidently changed my 'Pure LCS' setting to 'Pure Gamma'. Can I change it back, or do you still suggest 'Pure Gamma'? Looks like you've been making a lot of tweaks recently. Are we getting close to a stable program?

Hi Kash. I just installed v2.1. Your instructions suggest using your CSP settings link which I did (although I don't know what your settings are!). Your script evidently changed my 'Pure LCS' setting to 'Pure Gamma'. Can I change it back, or do you still suggest 'Pure Gamma'? Looks like you've been making a lot of tweaks recently. Are we getting close to a stable program?
Yes, is compatible with both.

Hi Kash. I just installed v2.1. Your instructions suggest using your CSP settings link which I did (although I don't know what your settings are!). Your script evidently changed my 'Pure LCS' setting to 'Pure Gamma'. Can I change it back, or do you still suggest 'Pure Gamma'? Looks like you've been making a lot of tweaks recently. Are we getting close to a

Hi, Yes you are completely free to switch between LCS and Gamma by going into the weather script section of custom shader patch settings. Both scripts are compatible and should be fine, except for hdr mode in LCS which currently consists of some errors in this current version but is being worked on for a fix. I'd say the next update should be a big step towards a more stable product. I have been updating quite frequently, particularly due to LCS since it is fairly new and requires some workaround to gamma due to its differences in key areas. The gamma script on the other hand has only seen some light changes to brightness and such in recent months but is at the stage where I can consider it stable and not in need of further significant changes.

Note: gamma being selected in my csp preset was just what I had set when I shared the link. It is completely up to you if you prefer gamma or lcs. Personally I like the look of lcs more for gameplay.

Last edited:
Hi, Yes you are completely free to switch between LCS and Gamma by going into the weather script section of custom shader patch settings. Both scripts are compatible and should be fine, except for hdr mode in LCS which currently consists of some errors in this current version but is being worked on for a fix. I'd say the next update should be a big step towards a more stable product. I have been updating quite frequently, particularly due to LCS since it is fairly new and requires some workaround to gamma due to its differences in key areas. The gamma script on the other hand has only seen some light changes to brightness and such in recent months but is at the stage where I can consider it stable and not in need of further significant changes.

Note: gamma being selected in my csp preset was just what I had set when I shared the link. It is completely up to you if you prefer gamma or lcs. Personally I like the look of lcs more for gameplay.
Thanks FcoEnrique and Kash! I appreciate the quick response. I'll try both, and keep an eye out for updates.

This looks really good but when I use your CSP settings with it my view slides back and forth left to right across the dash of the car. When I'm at the starting line and turn the wheel back and forth the car leans left and right. When I switch the CSP settings back to default that affect goes away. I'm sure there is a setting for this but I can't seem to find it.
Thanks

This looks really good but when I use your CSP settings with it my view slides back and forth left to right across the dash of the car. When I'm at the starting line and turn the wheel back and forth the car leans left and right. When I switch the CSP settings back to default that affect goes away. I'm sure there is a setting for this but I can't seem to find it.
Thanks
That's neck fx, you can disable it in the csp settings if you would like.

hello, love your work thanks. i have a question, i run it in vr but when it comes to night races or cloudy day it's way too dark, so much so that i cannot race because i can't see. in clear day it's perfect.
do i have to manually boost brightness in darker conditions or maybe there is something wrong in my settings ? i haven't touched much at all though. also im not using your csp settings but mine because it took me a long time to fine tweak them in order to find good compromise between frame rate and graphics. hope someone can help. thanks again 👍

hello, love your work thanks. i have a question, i run it in vr but when it comes to night races or cloudy day it's way too dark, so much so that i cannot race because i can't see. in clear day it's perfect.
do i have to manually boost brightness in darker conditions or maybe there is something wrong in my settings ? i haven't touched much at all though. also im not using your csp settings but mine because it took me a long time to fine tweak them in order to find good compromise between frame rate and graphics. hope someone can help. thanks again 👍
Definitely due to contrast although I'm sure I had a stable contrast value down for darker hours... Will look into it. Also I'm glad you like the filter, thank you. Big update coming soon.

Just a little follow up reply, tested the filter out in vr and I see what you mean. Contrast acts up weirdly at different times of day in vr. Have set a more stable dynamic value for contrast from day to night for the vr script. Tested at different times of day and different tracks, all seems to be correct now with balanced contrast levels throughout the day and night cycle. Expect this issue to be fixed in the next update to be released sometime tommorow I hope.

Kash. updated PHOTOreal | PPfilter For Pure Gamma & LCS with a new update entry:

PHOTOreal 2.2 update | big improvements

PHOTOreal 2.2 update

changelog:
- improved fog
- fixed HDR mode for LCS
- improvements to light emissive and interior glare
- fixed contrast for LCS in VR
- improved saturation, brightness and contrast
- improved sky levels and cloud brightness
- improved glare for LCS in interior view

preview images

Gamma
View attachment 786563View attachment 786565View attachment 786566

LCS
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just a little follow up reply, tested the filter out in vr and I see what you mean. Contrast acts up weirdly at different times of day in vr. Have set a more stable dynamic value for contrast from day to night for the vr script. Tested at different times of day and different tracks, all seems to be correct now with balanced contrast levels throughout the day and night cycle. Expect this issue to be fixed in the next update to be released sometime tommorow I hope.
great i'm glad i contributed somehow to giving you some usefull feedback

Not sure if this is the rite place to ask but Im having an issue... everything is very dark even if I turn the exposure up to 200%. am i overlooking a setting that controls the exposure?
Make sure you have installed the filter manually as instructed in the description and have pure installed. Other than that there is no possible reason for this to be happening as I completely reinstalled my filter through the overtake download link, to test it before releasing the update and it was completely working as it should, so there most likely is an error on your end, most likely to do with how you installed the filter. Installing through content manager does not install all of the file contents, which can lead to issues. Particularly because the pure scripts haven't been installed which are crucial.

Okay one other possibility may be an outdated csp version or an issue with the csp settings.

If there isn't an issue with the filters functionality but you just preferably want a brighter scene then simply increase the scene brightness slider in the pure config scene tab.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hi Kash, where is the exposure setting you recommend keeping at 100% ? i cannot find it
don't worry about that, it does not affect anything since the exposure is entirely controlled through the script now. I will need to take that out of the description, apologies.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back