Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Hi Ryan. If you think you are a maybe for the race just post the day of the race if you can. So that way you don't have to worry about clicking on the "sign out" button in the event that you are running late. This way you won't be counted for a no show. I'll put you down for the Honda.

Welcome to the iRacing Club races here on RD, see you on track. :)

Hey guys I would like to drive the Honda here but I will be close on time due to work. I have not raced with you guys before at iRacing if I cannot make it how long before race do I need to un-register?

RDiRF1Zandvoortflyer1copy-Copy.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Willaims-Toyota FW31
Track: Zandvoort
Laps: **
Fast Tows: Unlimited
Qualification:
2 hotlaps, lone qualifier

Practice start time:
Qualification start time:
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

It's nice to see alot of the "new to me anyway" drivers joining us and iRacing. Hopefully we will begin to fill up the grid and have more and better races in the future!!!

Now on to the Ford GT... Here is a lap that I did today and perhaps it could help a few people getting to know the track. I didn't see that the video had cut off the very end showing the lap time in game but I managed to get a 2:03.187 with qual fuel. Which I think is pretty darn good considering who was driving.... hahahaha

Really enjoyed last night, there were some really nice green lap periods where for 3-4 laps we were running 2 wide with great respect being shown between all the drivers, after a couple of cautions and everyone was fuelled to the finish, there were 5 of us on the lead lap all fighting for the lead, somehow with a few laps to go, Marcin and I managed to pull away a little we were fighting for the win, I was keeping very close to the back of Marcin hoping to sneak into the inside on t2/3 he stayed high before turn in and I thought that it would be my best chance to go for the lead but as he came down there was not enough room for both of use, I apologise if I showed a lack of awareness but after watching the replay I think I got caught out by the line you took.

Was a shame to take the win under a yellow but it was a cracking race, really hope that these will be used again in the next few weeks.

Cheers Kevin and RD.

Firstly can I say what a blast that was last night.

Whilst I am more a road racer (and not necessarily the quickest guy on 4 wheels) I am more than willing to participate in oval racing. For me, last nights session was a 90 lap learning curve. I've run the Legends at Boston, Lanier etc. but not had much experience of the bigger cars on the bigger ovals, only in brief offline test sessions. Did try the RD Indy 500 earlier this year, but ended up qutting out after 20 odd laps as it was just one caution after another and we just never got racing. Last night however was a different story.

Was a little late in to practice session and only had 20 mins or so to find some pace. Was struggling to get under 32.*** so nipped out and found a setup from the forums. Made a complete hash of my 2 quali laps, with a Ken Block style drift during lap 1 and then a heavy contact with the wall on lap 2. Hey-ho, start at the back of a 12 car field not the end of the world. From the start ket James and Marcin bye and then just set about trying to find a groove and see whatsort of pace I could run.

After the few early cautions we then had a good number of laps under green and I was finding that whilst running alone I was getting in the mid/high 31.***'s. I then managed to tag on to the back of Onno, who was in turn trying to chase down Kev and had a real blast running in close proximity to his car, whilst never getting too ragged. managed to pass him underneath through a turn but then I ran wide a few turns later and he returned the compliment. Continued to run behind him until he and Kev had a sloghjt coming together and I watched them skate across the on-field like a formation display team, lol.

All in all, it was an absolute blast and experiencing the NTM on the Silverado made it feel like a different beast to what I have driven on occasion in the past with the OTM. Some foljks are whining big-style about the NTM on certain cars, but I honestly cannot see the major issues especially where the Silverado is concerned. Maybe that's just me being a total novice where the technical aspect of cars is concerned.

RD once again proves what a great place it is to compete on track with fellow iRacers.

:cool:

That's a very good time, Joe. I was just in a practice session to start to learn the Honda and the GT. The fastest GT in the session was 2:04. I was about 2:11, when I could keep it on the track. Have a setup you'd care to share for this car? :) Thanks for the video.

I think I'll go with the Honda for the race on Wed. I won't be very fast, but at least I'll keep it on the track, I think. Kind of a fun car. Reminds me of the Star Mazda (with umpfh!). I like the GT too, but will need to spend some time to master it.

Had to give up during the race. First time for me in the LMP. Knew the track a bit, not that good. Initially lots of spins and crashes. During qualify only 1 crash-free lap.
Race start was slow. A car in front stalled and I also stalled... Thought it had more torque in 2nd gear :)
Then for some time, good (uh, crashfree) laps. And then my hand was hurting too much... More and more crashes. After 3 long tow periods I decided to quit. Enough for me for tonight. I need far more practice with the car (and track) and some better health will also do.

See you next time guys. Hope the rest had a good race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back