Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

That was great :D only had a few hours to practise with the car and during the race i enjoyed big time.
Race started with a small hit in turn 2-3 so i had to use a tow and start the race a few laps down.
From there had some nice fights and my occasional spin or 2 haha. mannaged to finish the race and that is something to be proud off.
Thank Joe and Will 2 thumps up:)

Even though I had two tows, and a black flag for speeding in the pits, I had a great time! I really want to thank you guys that put up setups for us. I don't have a lot of time to work on them but I really wanted to race. If I could just sort out my early race brain farts, I'd be doing a whole lot better. I just barely got a tire off and it spun me right onto the track where, I think, Bjorn hit me. Sorry about that. :(
Then, in the middle of the race, I was really in a zone and clicking off some good, steady laps and didn't notice the yellow flag come up, came around the corner and there is Bjorn in the middle of the track. I couldn't stop in time. Tow number two.
I finished 6 laps down, my back hurts, and I want more! Where we going next?

Thanks Joe and Will for setting this up!

I think we have seen each other like 5 times in the race.. good racing buddy:D

Well just watched some replay. I was stationary in the pit for 30 seconds... the crew have been sacked! ; )
Will we would have been alot closer if that had not occured. Great to watch our battle from your cockpit cam... nice stuff.

I think the fact that you guys shared your set ups is top banana. Its so good to get a nice set up with out the hassle, especialy when you dont know a bump from a rebound... cool guys.
Whens the next one then?
George

Here ya go Dario...

Not to take the actual owner's limelight who is Bryan Carey. I adjusted fuel for the race and also advised on brake bias as it was tuned to less front bias than I had preferred. It was a great setup. Felt great going flat out from T4 to the scary left hander that caught and beached me rear tyres while I was chasing you Joe lap after lap within 1s for more than 20 laps.

Daytona, Silverstone, Infineon, Mid Ohio, Mosport, Philip Island, Road America, Sebring, Glen. All great combo with this car. Cannnnnnnnot wait.

Some great racing. Had lots of fun mini-battles. Like old times for a few of laps there, William. Again, apologies to Abdul for the punt on lap 47 or so - you tucked right in front of me at the end of the straight, and I didn't see the slower car in the corner ahead of you. I should have hit the brake a little earlier given the tow anyway.

WD to everyone. Thanks to Joe, Will and RD.

Yes indeed a great trip down memory lane Eric, I had a blast, when I could keep the car pointed in the right direction. It was wild to watch a car shoot pass me on the straight and then change to me running in to the back of them in the end field. I used a modified set from Dario's high DF setup. I went with the mid DF since I could not seem to keep the low DF setup clean for anything other then a hand full of laps. I lost connection on lap 52 in 5th place but was able to reconnect and join the fun with a full tank of gas :frown:. Looking forward to the next one, thanks RD, thanks Joe.

This experience gave me a new idea for my rig - If I'm going to be doing more of these, I think I'll get one of those clip-on electric fans and mount it so I can stay cooler during the race. I suppose eventually I'll want a knob controller for it, but not just yet :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back