Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

only thing in race you must do is choose F4 key which brings you to fuel level for pistop, with left/right keys setup for example 75 kg (if you plan two pitstops) and then slow down before pitstop, press A (default for pitstop limiter) and stop in front of your pit place, after you go out of course press A again to turn off pitstop limiter, try it in offline (test) session before and use pit access road

Pointers for the race

When being lapped please stay on the racing line unless its on the straight. When on the straight please do not lift the throttle to 0%, just a tad will do. Example of not being lapped below

Different strategies during the race. Tip of the day with fuel. Once you are on the grid for race start, you have a few minutes to adjust the fuel. Its the best time to do so unless you are ok adjusting at 320kph. If it happens that you have to pit and do not desire to fuel the car during that stop press F4 or ur own pre determined button and hit the space bar to disable adding fuel during that stop. Fuel will still remain to the pre set during the start. Next time you want to fuel the car hit space bar again to activate it.

Hope this helps and good luck gents.

FYI guys, the server password we will be using is the one located on the first post of the race thread.

Also, I will be putting up the server 30 minutes earlier at 18:00 GMT/2pm EST/11am PST, which will give us 1 full hour of practice before we move onto registration end and quali. Fast tows has been changed to unlimited.

Great fun! Hope more are organized. I had to quit after 22 laps because I was getting ready to throw up. Seriously. I finished setting up my 3 monitor setup this morning and it's WAY too realistic LOL Incredible immersion, but it's going to take some getting used to (or I'll have to outfit my chair with a barf bag LOL)

Cheers,

Bob

Some great racing. Had lots of fun mini-battles. Like old times for a few of laps there, William. Again, apologies to Abdul for the punt on lap 47 or so - you tucked right in front of me at the end of the straight, and I didn't see the slower car in the corner ahead of you. I should have hit the brake a little earlier given the tow anyway.

WD to everyone. Thanks to Joe, Will and RD.

WOW WOW WOW

Unbelievable race guys. Too much fun. More of this please.

Well done to Joe for the win. Well done to Dario and Will for the 2nd n 3rd. Well done to everyone who finished. Thanks Joe, Will and RD for an amazing and unforgettable event.

That was immence Guys. Finished up 4th! YEA!
4 mistakes all race not too bad for me. The biggest mistake however was missing the pit limiter and getting 15 secs penalty on my only pit stop. fortunately this enabled me to get the tyres done as the box was not checked... Ended the race with 25 laps of fuel... plonka.
Will, you beat me to the podium, nice one.
That is the longest time I have ever raced and it was triffic!
Thanks alot guys, please Will & Joe, more more more more more more more... got that ? MORE!
Thanks dudes.
Very Best regards to you all for Easter. Cheers
George

was lucky on lap one and missed the mayhem :)
from there just concentrating on staying on track, had two spins, one cut truck :redface:
luckily no damage, was fun exchanging positions with Dawid who was on low DF and me on high DF...lasted for 4-5 laps :thumb:
was practicing long runs on high DF but when I tried Abduls setup instantly did PB...anyway went for safer option

nice race everyone, congrats Joe and Will, thx RD

:thanks:

Even though I had two tows, and a black flag for speeding in the pits, I had a great time! I really want to thank you guys that put up setups for us. I don't have a lot of time to work on them but I really wanted to race. If I could just sort out my early race brain farts, I'd be doing a whole lot better. I just barely got a tire off and it spun me right onto the track where, I think, Bjorn hit me. Sorry about that. :(
Then, in the middle of the race, I was really in a zone and clicking off some good, steady laps and didn't notice the yellow flag come up, came around the corner and there is Bjorn in the middle of the track. I couldn't stop in time. Tow number two.
I finished 6 laps down, my back hurts, and I want more! Where we going next?

Thanks Joe and Will for setting this up!

It has already been discussed between Will and myself and there will be more. I'm am "sponsoring" the RaceDepartment F1 fun stuff and I have it setup where Will has the means to start the hosted sessions just incase I can't make it due to time. That way the race goes green for everyone. Can't wait for the next round!!!!

Had lost voice chat and my spotter once I went to the grid for some reason. But Lotus Renault scrambled in the pits early on to come up with a new pit strategy to some how get back into the race and onto the lead lap. Decided to go with more fuel (300 lbs) and pit later into the race than planned. With more fuel meant that I couldn't try and unlap myself also had to let those on the lead lap by. Second half of the race was back on regular race strategy and was able to put in some fast consistent laps. Had passed Dario for second momentarily but didn't have enough fuel to finish so came into the pits for a splash and dash. With less than 15 laps to go slowly started to track down George and the McLaren for the final spot on the podium.

An amazing race and can't believe we all just did 77 laps in the beast of a car called the F1!

Here are a few pics from today's club event:

The Grid
4.jpg

Race Start
5.jpg

McLaren vs Lotus Renault :)
Untitled-1-7.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back