Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Well, just been to indi for a few instillation laps with Wills set up.
Well, first off did a 1.10.xxx so was happy with that.
Thenb filled it up with fuel and could not get it around the track pointing the right way... oh ....
Tried some other setups too, but loosing too much time on the strait...
77 laps with no mistakes is going to be very very very hard...
At the mo its 5 laps with out a mistake is my best... aggh

Can I have a more stable set up please Will?
Are we running with no fuel stops too please? Full tanks is it? Should be rearly... maybe that will help me? Not! : )
George

The setup that I put up was one that I got from Joe. And it's the one that I've been practicing the most with, both with quali fuel and race fuel. Gotta be careful early on. But once the race fuel starts to burn off, I feel like this setup gets better and better. I'm sure there will be different strategies as well, which will make this event alot of fun imo. Make sure to practice standing starts and pit stops. Gonna be tough to keep up the concentration for 77 laps.

Looking forward to this event! Everyone that finishes will get a gold star and some cold beers on me! :)

PS. Here are some other setups that Joe sent over. Have not tested these yet but everyone is more than welcome to try them out.

Attachments

• Indy_2011_Neville Stewart.sto
    2 KB · Views: 210
  • Indy_2011_Q_Bryan Carey.sto
    2.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Indy_Ricardo Machuca.sto
    2.1 KB · Views: 238
Come on Lars, spose it depends on how racey your feeling huh?
77 laps, never done it before. SHould be a good laugh.
George
ps watch out for them pesky back markers... ; )

Exactlly, i used to have no troubles with long races but its been awhile and there is so much other stuff going on beside Simracing i just dont know if iam up for it then. I join the backmarkers for this one :)

Not quite sure Bjorn. Only thing I know about the downforce on this car, is that you can change the aero package from low/medium/high downforce trim. I haven't spent much time with tweaking setups in this car. Maybe someone else can help out.

George, the iracing setup for lowdownforce at indy is actually pretty stable. It's a tad bit slower but I can hit 1:10's and 1:09's with it once the tires warm up and I can push it. What I might do is put in a few faster laps with that setup then go to the one Will put up and that will help alot. I had to do that as well in order to be able to drive that faster setup. The other thing to think about is don't ever go full throtle in this car with that setup until you are almost straightened out. Unless you are some kind of alien you'll never hold it, and throtle control is very important I'm finding in this car. Just be easy on it and don't stomp on the gas pedal and she'll do what you ask. That is how I personally have to drive this car. I cannot hit the 1:06's like that really fast guys do, and I have no idea how they are doing it unless it's just the setup that is allowing then to do so. Those guys do not share setups at all, and I think they think the world will come to an end if they share because they are running in the World whatever it's called.

In race pace im doing 1.13.lows and its pretty hard i must say. a total new exprience hehe

I have managed to get my quali pace down in to the low 1:10's, but not consistently, lol. Still have occasional spins and out braking myself, lol. Next trial is to run some laps with around 40 laps worth of fuel and see how the car feels and see what sort of pace I can get out of it.

Should be something different that's for sure, this upcoming RD F1 @ Indy.

high DF setup, found it on iR forum and modified for Indy, btw think I will plan two pitstops so something around 70 kg of fuel is needed, with 70 kg it is preety easy to do consistent 1:12-1:13 with it

Attachments

• Indy_race.sto
    2 KB · Views: 242
Dario,

My practice sessions this afternoon (god bless Easter, lol) have me leaning towards a similar strategy of a 2 stopper. With my race fuel on board I can with a good lap get it in the 1:11's.

The FW31 is one helluva car. Treat it right and it will reward, but get a little too heavy handed and you'll soon know about it, lol.

Really looking forward to trying to last the distance tomorrow. I think my arse might need a pitstop after 77 laps on my chair, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back