Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Yes this is how it will be ruled on track for any and all cut / slow down warnings on all of the tracks during the season. Either safely move off the racing line and slow down or serve the stop n go for continuing on. I agree that one should never slow down on track, but imo iRacing has this implemented well and therefore we all must abide by the rules.

Ok got it. Will have to be extra cautious then. You shouldn´t really be on the grass anyway but i hope IRacing solves this with a better solution that resembles real life abit more.

Anyway i just wanted to thank you for doing this and i feel that we are a good group of people that just want to race cleanly. So i look forward to the coming races and hopefully will be able to collect some points :)

Great race guys! I didn't get much practice for this one but I really like this track so it worked out. I had a very bad qualifying session, throwing away the first lap with a 1x and was only able to get 11th on the grid. I practice standing starts alot and it paid off once again. I immediately jumped one position off the line, and picked up two more by T2. My blood was pumping and I had Joe in my sites. Through the mistakes of others I was able to push up through the field. With Will and Dario being my rivals I was very pleased to be in front of them. But everyone was so close that it didn't last long. Dario caught me and then passed me, we did that serveral times. I think I battle with atleast 5 different people throughout the race. If you lost any momentum at all your position was next to go. I finished in 3rd and had a blast guys, fighting with Joe, Ahmed, Lee, Dario and Daz. Race Department really has a good thing going with this, the championship should be alot of fun. Good race all.

I still can't help but think I am just a hotlapper...
Whenever the racecomes, I screw it up...
My first laps were dreadful...
I lost lotsof time the first 4 laps, then kept up at the same distance of Kevin until I screwed up at lap 13 or so (the fault goes to afriend talkin to me at the same time ahhahaha)

Lots of fun though!
Wish I stayed within good distancefrom Kevin from the beginning so we could have a nice fight for the lead but well :)
Next time hopefully :)
I am faster on Laguna Seca hahaha

Thank you again for that race!
I really had lots of fun!!

Got on with just under half hour until qualification - had managed some laps in the MX5 Roadster but tried the MX5 cup last night and was instantly 3 tenths quicker with lots more time to come. I usually use the Roadster in Rookie Lime Rock & Laguna races.

So got on the server followed Lee for a bit which helped with lines etc. Got into qualifying and my wheel instantly went odd - had lost calibration between sessions. Had to back out and try to re-calibrate and re-join. Was still a bit funny and made a mess of qualification - qualifying 14th out of 17.

Luckily I remembered the wheel combination to re-centre the wheel in time for the race without having to exit.

Started 14th and worked my way up to 5th - should have had 4th but ,yse;f and Brad were side by side in the last chicane and was not worth the risk. I had a warning for cutting the chicane once when I had to avoid 2 cars making contact - had to slow down losing me a few places. Same happened to Lee once I think when he slowed right down - presumably to clear the Black flag.

I was pretty consistent and was getting faster - pleased to finish 5th in a tough field with not that much practice.

I didn't have any contact or see any crazy moves - pretty clean racing.

Great great fun - will look into signing up for the league series - might be struggling to make the first race though :frown:

Thanks All

And Kevin, I thought about telling you to slow down so we could have a race together (I would have let you won anyway if , by any chance I was first at the finish line), but for the other races, if you see that we are only together, wait for me ;)
I let you cross the line first if you were a few seconds ahead, but it would be much more fun to race together, rather than doing 17 laps all alone...
So whoever is first way ahead next time, wait for the second one and (that will sound a bit --- lol) play with each other :D

I SHOULD be faster on Laguna, as I can hit 1.41.xxx once in while there... But well... whenever a race comes, I screw it up so....
Hopefully I can beat you there and at LRP Kevin (my favorite track hehe)...

You are defintly my target from now on ;)

I had a blast, thanks guys. I am not the fastest guy on the track but I try to always give room. I never had too many battles myself but got to watch a few of them. Karl, thanks for the room on the chicane. I was afraid that I had chopped you off and they we were both going to wreck. Looking forward to next week!

Brad

Well, what fun we had huh?
This was my first race on iracing and it was great. You can keep your ps3 stuff huh?
Over took 2 people who I had had to let by as I slowed for the black flag. (I was going to ask what the score is with that, but I obayed it and it soon cleared allowing me to get back on it.) I picked up 2 black flags one on the right hander before the back strait and one at the top of the hill. They are very annoying are they not? :mad: Still, teaches you to keep it on the track huh?
My best overtaking move was into the chicane when I had the inside line, we were neck and neck, I just mananged to get it stopped and into the turn...phew. YEA! Was catching the pack but the 2nd black flag slowed me and then I ran out of laps. My fastest race lap was only half a second off my best so well happy with that.
Fantastic fun guys. Could do with more laps in the race dont you think? 25 would be good... :wink:
Looking forward to Laguna.
Better get on with that now then as I only have a few laps there on other software.
Thanks see you next sunday.
Best regards
George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back