Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Well done mate. I just hit a 42:1 again but my optimal is a 41:6, just uploading the vid now and maybe you or any of the others can take a look and give me some pointers? I have been learning coming off the throttle when shifting but still not got it perfected. I think if i can nail that then my optimal will come.

Did 1.42.2 after a 3 or 4 laps...
From what I see both cars drive the exact same way on this track...
Check at the raodster replay I posted, and just imagine the exact same thing with one gear of difference for the cup...
But both cars are as fast on this track.

Can´t make up my mind on what to drive :D

Been driving the Roadster for a while now on all types of tracks but went back and watched my times on Laguna and noticed that i´m one second quicker in that little car lol.

Will proably go with the Roadster on this track though.

The roadster tend to understeer a bit more than the cup on this track, which can be a pain with the first uphill curve and any tight corner.
But you also never have to go back in 2nd gear with the cup, which mean a slightly slower reacceleration. The cup tend to touch the rev before a few corner, letting you wonder whether not going into the next gear or just hitting the rev... The cup MIGHT be faster in the straights.
So all in all, they are as fast...
I'll just stick with the roadster personnally as I am more used to it and almost never drives the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back