Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Well first race here on Racedepartment did not go so well.

Miss judged turn 3 just after the start of the race, told me to slow down which is not very smart so i kept on going to battle with Kevin until it turned in to a stop´n´go penalty which i also didn´t care about, hoping some admin would remove it but no :D one lap later i was DQ.

I think we need to get someone to act as a Admin during the race so they can clear black flags etc. Sucks to have your race destroyed because of that :D did not gain any time on it either.

Sorry Lee :-(

Man these cars provide some intens and close racing... and so i blew it. Again a barrichello start.. but had good fun nagging Lee the first two laps but maybe to close so early. I hit him frontal braked for turn 2 and car just went away... took tow as it was now a test session and must say that little Mazda grows on yah, very fun thing looking forward to the league.

Sorry to hear about that you got DQ'd Hampus. Unfortunately there are no live Admins during the club races, just myself and since I'm racing as well its a bit hard to do both. During the race, a few got a cut warning at T3 and were forced to slow down, myself included even though it might not have been an advantage there. Using iRacing's in game rules is the only way that we can enforce things at this time.

Awesome racing tonight chaps, no other sim can offer racing that close. I came over the hill and see around 7 cars bumper to bumper at one point. Race went tits up for me really, had a howler. Lap 3 i dropped it in the chicane after lapping all day without an off and it just went down hill from there really. Had some little battles with Karl along the way, you seemed to bog down a fair bit mate coming off that hairpin that leads to the back staright, every time i came out of there i went to catch your draft and was too close.

My wheel was bent from lap 3 on and it was hard to get it to turn but managed to carry on

Managed to pull; myself back up the feild every time and then was in 5th and could see 3rd and 4th, they both went intro the chicane side by side and one went wide, i see the gap and wqent for it. Not sure what happened from there as i ended up in the grass...LOL.

Proceeded to make my way back up again and towards the end there was 3 abreast into T1, not sure what happened but i was nervous as i could not see them beside me and went wide.

Overall though very happy as each time i pulled myself back up quite quick and was back with the pack.

On to Laguna we go!!!

Grats to Kev and the podium

Badly sick this weekend - got no practice in until 1 hour before the race which was evident in my practice and qually times. Thank goodness Bjorn has only been iRacing for a day or I'd have been awfully lonely out there. We had a tight race the entire way - at the beginning, I was much faster through the climbing left hander after the S's, but he quickly caught on and I lost my advantage. I did manage to pass twice, only to lose it back in the next couple of corners, once nearly spinning it in 10b, and once at the tight right at the top of the hill. Great racing Bjorn, thanks.

Good fun, can't wait for the league. Starting practice now, I think :).

I had great fun. These cars really do provide close racing without a doubt, except for Kevin who keeps romping away lol. Cannot wait to see pictorial review as it has some amazing scenes of 3 abreast at times and 2 abreast x 4 on the straight. Thanks RD and Will for the event. This sets the championship next week very nicely. Just need to deflate Kevin's tyres for Laguna at the pitbox :)

Sorry to hear about that you got DQ'd Hampus. Unfortunately there are no live Admins during the club races, just myself and since I'm racing as well its a bit hard to do both. During the race, a few got a cut warning at T3 and were forced to slow down, myself included even though it might not have been an advantage there. Using iRacing's in game rules is the only way that we can enforce things at this time.

Yea it sucks lol :D

Ok, will it be like this in the Championship races to or was it just the club races? Would be nice if someone came along and said that they would admin the race.

I think the rule is stupid, you should never stop on a racing track, better to give a stop´n´go after 2 or 3 corners cut.

Oh well, guess i have to be extra cautious next time until we find a solution to this problem.

Had a great evening and lots of fun with so many guys in TS :)
That's the way to go guys :)

Got first in practice with only 18 laps and then also qualified first with a lap time of 1:40.4xx

Since I had forgotten to reboot my computer before the session after doing some downloading and stuff in the Internet I had some lagging issues in the first laps with so many cars behind me and in my mirrors. Therefore, I could not exactly drive my pace in the first few laps and Hampus got quite close but could not really endanger my P1. After he made a mistake and got disqualified, I had an easy race with Flavien a few seconds behind and enjoyed the great landscape around this beautful track :)

Laguna, here we come!
(Even though I suck there :D)

@Hampus: You don't have to stop on track. Easing off the throttle on the main straightaway for, let's say 3-5 seconds will clear it and shouldn't be too dangerous either...

I think i could have taken you a few laps later ;) We were even side by side at one time before i dissappeared lol.

I noticed that the last chicane was the place where i gained the most on you but then you kept a pretty consistent distance to me until we arrived once again.

What times have you done at Laguna? I´m not fast their either.

Guys that was a total blast!!! That is the most fun I've had in this since I've had it. Thanks for putting this all together Will and everyone else involved. Now on to my problem..... I'm going to have so many dang screenshots of all the good stuff it may take me a week to put it all together! Lee is right, it was like a perfect train of cars. Then braking into 2 or 3 wide, postion changes all over the place! Poor Kevin is gonna be left out of most of the screenies due to him being so far ahead of everyone else... I think someone needs to send a race official over to his pits and take that engine of the future out...hehee I'll get on those screens and I hope to put a good one together for everyone.

Well what a fun race this one was. Showed some speed in practice but couldn't keep up with Flavien, Kevin and Hampus although my optimal was at 1:40.6, just couldn't piece it together. Had some great battles from one lap to the next. Darn near blew the engine a few times. Funny how the nerves creep up in race and trying to heel and toe effectively lol. Went from 5th to 2nd gear a few times :) , and think I lost power on the straights because of it. One thing that sticks in my head was where 5-7 drivers were all bunched up for a few laps and a bunch of us were battling for position on the long straight. Was awesome to see so many drivers bumper to bumper makes me look forward to next week's Round 1 opener for the MX-5 series at Laguna Seca.

Congrats to Kevin for race win and to Flavien and William on the podium. Thanks to everyone that showed up supporting another RD club event. See ya guys next week at Laguna Seca. :)

My first irace with you guys and it was great. I could only practise the track like 2 laps because i had visitors.
What i like here is that all racers are fair and that makes racing real fun and a challenge.
The whole race i had a fight with Eric and it was great fun:D. Thanks eric

Thanks will and all joined on the server and ts

I think i could have taken you a few laps later ;) We were even side by side at one time before i dissappeared lol.

I noticed that the last chicane was the place where i gained the most on you but then you kept a pretty consistent distance to me until we arrived once again.

What times have you done at Laguna? I´m not fast their either.

Yeah the last chicane was where I was having the strongest FPS problems.
I could not drive the laptimes I was actually capable of at that point in the race, actually I was glad to keep it on the track.
But when there were less cars around me it gotbetter and better.

Not sure mate, something around 1:41.probably will be my drop race.

Yea it sucks lol :D

Ok, will it be like this in the Championship races to or was it just the club races? Would be nice if someone came along and said that they would admin the race.

I think the rule is stupid, you should never stop on a racing track, better to give a stop´n´go after 2 or 3 corners cut.

Oh well, guess i have to be extra cautious next time until we find a solution to this problem.

Yes this is how it will be ruled on track for any and all cut / slow down warnings on all of the tracks during the season. Either safely move off the racing line and slow down or serve the stop n go for continuing on. I agree that one should never slow down on track, but imo iRacing has this implemented well and therefore we all must abide by the rules.

started way back but managed to catch 3rd at one point, exchanging postions with William N. for a few laps, was great but at last chicane someone barely touched me but enough for me to spin and end on grass, of course I had to wait to safely rejoin which ended me being 11th (again)...great fun guys, thx Will & RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back