rF2 Nissan Primera BTCC @ Oulton Park - Thu 04 Feb 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Denis, it was me who kinda parked in your right hand side door in Shell Oils Corner towards the end of race 1. Unfortunately I didn't know how to save the replay and I don't quite remember how it all happened - but I had the feeling I could not have done much to avoid that situation. Anyway, if I have done something wrong, I'm very sorry. It was totally unintentional.

Race 2 thanks for the clean racing around me, it was great fun (race 1 was great fun as well). For future races: Simon (ended in P7), was it OK to keep racing after I run a tiny bit wide at Druids Corner in the final lap? My impression was it was okay, because it cost me some time anyway. Lovely final lap it was.

And finally, thank you guys for organizing and thank you to everyone who attended the races :inlove:

Thank you for organising the event @Denis Betty had a great time in both races, enjoyed our battle in the second race too :)
I personally love FWD racing and touring cars so the combo was brilliant for me, and i managed to finish 8th pretty happy with that, lost 7th on the last lap tyres were Knackered
Does R-Factor save replays ??

Thanks again and for all the great racing in both races all :)

Thanks guys, really enjoyed that! Race 1 went well, could manage tyres from the front as it is really hard to pass on this track. Try to keep pace down and so I always had something left on the tyres to push if needed.
Second race was a mess. Start totally messed up so @Bumble passed me. He pushed a lot more than I did the race before, tried to keep up but lost focus somehow and kept messing up corners so I lost P2 and later on P3. Pretty annoyed about myself but still fun racing! Love Oulton Park.
Thanks for organizing @Denis Betty!

20210204231057_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20210204230938_1.jpg
    20210204230938_1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
What an fantastic race, this battles I had were awesome. But I made an mistake because to much pressure from behind I had, when I was back on track @Denis Betty was close. We fighted for a while until an tiny racing accident between us kicked him of track, on his entry back he get crashed and stuck. I waited but moved on after a couple of seconds he was not moving, I still had to wait but thought he has to much damage anyway.
Luckily we saw in the replay it was an slightly oversteer which caused the touch, but gives an bad feeling anyway.

2. race was relativly calm and I tryed to finish without any accidents which was no problem this time because I were driving almost with some protective distance between the fastest and the main group.

What a great combination, thx denis and also sorry again for that **** accident

@Denis Betty sorry i couldn't make it today, full day of work :(
NP mate.
Cortina at Oran Park next week.
Server is up.

Guys the UI put me in a really bad mood and took away any time I had left to prepare. I hate it it sucks.
Sorry for being such a grouch though, there's no excuse for that. :(

@Reiche you got caught up in my accident right enough. Seemed like you just kept the power on whilst buried in the side of my car though. If that's correct, I'd just ask that we all drive in the sim as we would on a real life race track. If you get tangled up, put her in reverse and get the cars seperated. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Boy, that was a bumpy ride for me in more ways than one.. :(
Both races I had big BIG troubles keeping the car on the black stuff, and even when I did, my laptimes were not very competitive. So in both races I had a very entertaining first few laps with cars all around me, until the point where I'd missed so many corners and apexes (is that a word?!) that I'd end up at the back of the field all alone.

And I can't blame lack of practice or of a good setup either this time. Both during practice on tuesday as well as during race night, some VERY competitive fellow racers generously shared their setups to help me. Thanks guys!:thumbsup: great clubracing spirit. Unfortunately, I was beyond help on this one.:notworthy:

Also, I would like to apologise to @Yves Larose and @Jack Smith for slightly scratching the front bumper of their car.:unsure: If you want it back, you'll probably find it lying somewhere in the high grass on the outside of Druids' corner..:roflmao:

Never mind though. Thanks Denis for the event. FWIW, I still haven't figured out this UI either. And thanks all for racing.

Will try again next time. Never been to Oran Park before, but if anything the track should be smoother. Over here even farm roads aren't as bumpy as this one.:confused:

Last edited:
Boy, that was a bumpy ride for me in more ways than one.. :(
Both races I had big BIG troubles keeping the car on the black stuff, and even when I did, my laptimes were not very competitive. So in both races I had a very entertaining first few laps with cars all around me, until the point where I'd missed so many corners and apexes (is that a word?!) that I'd end up at the back of the field all alone.

And I can't blame lack of practice or of a good setup either this time. Both during practice on tuesday as well as during race night, some VERY competitive fellow racers generously shared their setups to help me. Thanks guys!:thumbsup: great clubracing spirit. Unfortunately, I was beyond help on this one.:notworthy:

Also, I would like to apologise to @Yves Larose and @Jack Smith for slightly scratching the front bumper of their car.:unsure: If you want it back, you'll probably find it lying somewhere in the high grass on the outside of Druids' corner..:roflmao:

Never mind though. Thanks Denis for the event. FWIW, I still haven't figured out this UI either. And thanks all for racing.

Will try again next time. Never been to Oran Park before, but if anything the track should be smoother. Over here even farm roads aren't as bumpy as this one.:confused:
I'm often online in the evening when my son is in bed for some practise, feel free to join if you found time. Dutch roads are almost great as german I#m kind of jealeus about your roads. Over here it feels more like suspension test area when you drive on the Autobahn ;)

Latest News

Back