Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

I will try and make race been rough week with family emergency. Was on battlefield 3 for about 45 mins today. Yard work is calling today so if able tonight will try to get some laps in.

That X One, once you get a wheel especially, will suck you in...but I love this game too much to miss. Even if it's just Peter and me. Oh, and @Peter Hooper it's still 9:30pm your time, which it's always been. GMT is now -1 behind you.

So, as usual -- 4:30pm for EDT U.S. and 9:30pm London.

I'll move this one to Sunday at 9:30pm GMT. That way, at least those who want to race can do so. With the caveat that you can always create an F1 race or, if more than one person pipes up, we can move it back to Saturday.
That X One, once you get a wheel especially, will suck you in...but I love this game too much to miss. Even if it's just Peter and me. Oh, and @Peter Hooper it's still 9:30pm your time, which it's always been. GMT is now -1 behind you.

So, as usual -- 4:30pm for EDT U.S. and 9:30pm London.
Me and Boothy are both confused then as it was changed to 9:30GMT (see quote from page 2 above which is 10:30 our time...). Boy this time zone stuff confuses the hell out of everyone lol

Last edited:
I think the earlier quote was when I was still under the impression you guys had not changed to Summer time or just forgot. That's why I put it in GMT. And then clarified the British and U.S. times on the main page.... :thumbsup:. The main page always has and always will control. In this series, I can't change the thread title, but someone offered to do so this time. Perhaps that's the cause for the confusion. But yes, I agree, the times were thrown around quite a bit in this runup trying to get a consensus.

I got a few laps in yesterday, its a nice course except for that second chicaine, that thing is a nightmare.
On another note, has anyone else driven the BRNO (Czech Republic) track besides Robert? That thing is a hidden Jewel I think everyone should at least try it. I'd like to run a GT1 race there myself. Maybe in another season. Also had a few other crazy thoughts last night...like a multi-class race.

I got a few laps in yesterday, its a nice course except for that second chicaine, that thing is a nightmare.
On another note, has anyone else driven the BRNO (Czech Republic) track besides Robert? That thing is a hidden Jewel I think everyone should at least try it. I'd like to run a GT1 race there myself. Maybe in another season. Also had a few other crazy thoughts last night...like a multi-class race.
The second chicane is tough but the challenge is the best part. In my last run at the track I had a couple of ten lappers on Friday afternoon against the top AI and had such a blast. Second one in particular was fantastic, got bumped off into the gravel at turn one so ended up a long way adrift but spent the remainder of the race chasing down the AI to finish 4th. Finding these AI the most challenging of any so far and it's about perfect for my level so far. Loving it.

No I haven't driven that track yet Michael but I intend to do them all at some point. Think I might have driven it in Race Pro some time ago. I would be more than happy to race there once this series is over :thumbsup:

The second chicane is tough but the challenge is the best part. In my last run at the track I had a couple of ten lappers on Friday afternoon against the top AI and had such a blast. Second one in particular was fantastic, got bumped off into the gravel at turn one so ended up a long way adrift but spent the remainder of the race chasing down the AI to finish 4th. Finding these AI the most challenging of any so far and it's about perfect for my level so far. Loving it.

No I haven't driven that track yet Michael but I intend to do them all at some point. Think I might have driven it in Race Pro some time ago. I would be more than happy to race there once this series is over :thumbsup:

Railer might remember the Race Pro league we had. I think Brno was on there now that you mention it Peter. Absolutely brilliant track, I agree Michael. Also Oserschleben too. But my favorite hidden jewel has to be Zandvoort in Holland, also in Race Pro and I think, along with Zolder and Oserschleben, in pCARS. The DTM still goes there.

What is this eye problem of yours Boothy? Thought it had cleared as you hadn't mentioned it recently.

Still the same one as what bothered me last season called Optic Neuritis it awful i can barely see out my left eye since August last year, Except it's getting worse was supposed to heal in 6 months but has now increased to 24 months, Apparently it's the 1st sign of MS so not good. :cautious:

The issue is being inside the car unfortunately it's such a small window it's just too blurry to race really, So i shall let you guys continue on tonight and hopefully gets better soon :thumbsup: F1 is fine just about cos i can see 3/4 of the screen cos im not in the cockpit had to back to being just the front end which sucks just to be able to race :(

Still the same one as what bothered me last season called Optic Neuritis it awful i can barely see out my left eye since August last year, Except it's getting worse was supposed to heal in 6 months but has now increased to 24 months, Apparently it's the 1st sign of MS so not good. :cautious:

The issue is being inside the car unfortunately it's such a small window it's just too blurry to race really, So i shall let you guys continue on tonight and hopefully gets better soon :thumbsup: F1 is fine just about cos i can see 3/4 of the screen cos im not in the cockpit had to back to being just the front end which sucks just to be able to race :(
Sorry to hear that buddy.. sounds crappy so can only wish you the best and hope it clears and is not what is feared :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that buddy.. sounds crappy so can only wish you the best and hope it clears and is not what is feared :thumbsup:

It's alright, It's fairly annoying weirdly id rather be blind at the moment, I couldn't do my job properly so got released. Job Centre don't think im capable of working but won't give me ESA and still making me look for a job despite people won't employ me due to my health

So basically im stuck in the middle at the moment which is fairly annoying and why the Job Centre are not good help.

Good luck tonight Fellas :)

Hey bud. That sucks. I'm sure nobody will mind if ANY view is used. We were just being hardcore nerds, but this is a family now, and if it will allow you to take part, 3rd person is fine. Hope you feel better soon.

Had a great time running around Zolder by myself. lol. I was putting in some pretty good lap times until the end. Then a few spins (lost concentration) and Peter almost lapped me. Can't wait to see the awesome battle Peter and Michael had. Great job you two. Here is my boring ass video:

Race 1:
1. Michael - 25
2. Peter - 18
3. Robert - 15
4. Chris - 12

Race 2:
1. Peter - 25
2. Michael - 18
3. Robert - 15
4. Chris - 12

Current Standings
1. Peter - 167.5
2. Michael - 150.5
3. Robert - 135
4. Railer - 91
5. Karl - 76
6. Chris - 52
7. Matthew - 50
8. Vince - 16

Don't know why but my video is taking forever to upload tonight.. only on 1% after about an hour.. usually about done by now!!

Loved the race tonight despite the lack of numbers. Felt I had a chance tonight despite Michaels very quick lap time in the autolog.. I had good consistency in practice and was good in sector 2 which I know was causing others some problems. Followed closely behind Michael for the first 4 or 5 laps just making sure I was close enough to capitalise on any errors and got a run on the exit of the hairpin that enabled me to go inside into the final chicane with Michael allowing me plenty of room there. Thought he had run too deep but seems he just gave me the room having got the racing line :thumbsup:

After that I just had to keep it clean and error free and gradually the gap opened, especially in that second sector. Great fun and would have enjoyed this race whoever was around as it's like so many tracks in this game.. FUN :)

Good to see Robert have some consistent pace here too and he stayed close for a while when I was chasing Michael. :thumbsup:

Video will be up at some point but may be longer than usual.

Just rebooted router and all is well again. I'll post the video as soon as I wake...

Last edited:

Latest News

Back