AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @Sebring, Wednesday 16th February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had , or should I say having similar problems due to having my operating system on the C drive as per normal, Assetto corsa executable on a separate drive, D drive, I think.
Sorted it by going to my main whole PC and typing in setups in the search section.
The resulting search showed I have two Assetto corsa document locations.
I got rid of one of them and all for the time being seems fine.
I am sure it is not going to be that simple:O_o:

I had , or should I say having similar problems due to having my operating system on the C drive as per normal, Assetto corsa executable on a separate drive, D drive, I think.
Sorted it by going to my main whole PC and typing in setups in the search section.
I have the same configuration! Sounds logical. That might be it. I will check this as soon I'm back behind my desktop. Thanks, Ernie.

On reflection, I think that one was mainly my fault. We were parallel going into that corner and it should be wide enough for both of us to get through but it looks like I lost the rear being over zealous and you had little choice but to hit me. Sorry @maxilogan!

In your defence, I can say that that track is slippery as hell.. When I mentioned my driving faults I was mainly referring to those many many times in which I had to catch the car one moment before spinning so I perfectly understand what you mean!

I do the same (in both FF and Chrome) and I have some insanely old pages that I keep meaning to read properly :roflmao:
Anyway, if you're finding that it's not saving the browsing sessions when you exit, then try checking if your settings have this option selected:
View attachment 542045
Thanks Neil, I already had that option flagged and despite this, Chrome only opened the last window (yes, I have multiple windows) and if I wanted the others back I had to remember to go into the menu, history, recent tabs, and reopen the other windows (where it says "50 5 tabs" etc).
However, I made a quick search on Google and discovered that if I close the windows in a sequence, it does what reported above. On the other hand, if you go to the menu and choose to Exit, it restores tabs and windows. I can't understand how I did not find it out before.. :redface:

(https://superuser.com/questions/696008/how-to-reopen-all-windows-in-chrome)

Last edited:
Let´s hope that´s the solution for you.

I have the same problem but only one drive in my PC.

MFG Carsten

Looks interesting, will give it a try.
:)
This will show all activity by default so the trick is to set up some filters to monitor particular file access by a particular application.

Screenshot 2022-02-18 152728.png

Use the filter icon to bring up the filter form. Then delete any existing filters and then add two new one as shown in the image.

It helps to have AC running when setting this up as it will offer acs.exe when selecting what process to monitor

You could add a further filter to narrow down the name of the file being accessed but I'll leave you to work out how to do that :)

Last edited:
It helps to have AC running when setting this up as it will offer acs.exe when selecting what process to monitor
Yeah, Process Monitor is awesome for things like this. It can be a bit of a beast to use at times, and you definitely don't want to leave it capturing for too long... But for a quick in and out, "capture & learn what the hell is going on", it's unbeatable for certain kinds of tasks.

just in case someone in the universe and Brian are interested, manage a mid 2-01-0.7. Try as I might, I cannot get away with rear wing less than 4, but for an old git, like what I am, that's not too shabby, so the Ferrari is quicker than I thought.
old boy.jpg

Yeah, Process Monitor is awesome for things like this. It can be a bit of a beast to use at times, and you definitely don't want to leave it capturing for too long... But for a quick in and out, "capture & learn what the hell is going on", it's unbeatable for certain kinds of tasks.
Neil and @JamKart22

Here's my output from ProcessMonitor when I tried to do a change to a setup file.
Can you see something that is wrong?
1645281241281.png

This is a more useful filter set that just monitors all access to the setup file when writing....

Screenshot 2022-02-19 170458.png

Try and set up the same filters and see what you get.

You'll notice the file is created (red arrow) with read/write access so it's important to know how your file is being created. You can then see the various WriteFile actions as each bit of setup info is written to the file.

Latest News

Back