Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

In our Tour d'America we're going to Sebring which we visited now so long ago. So therefore we're going to do it a little bit different: a single class race with two (hopefully) competitive cars. The Mazda as we know it, is gentle and forgiven and not bad in the exit also because of it's rear wheel drive.
The Abarth however has front wheel drive, more power and higher top speed. But it is quite difficult to handle. Probably it will depend on the driver how he can make use of the strong points of the car and how he can deal with the weak points.

NEW INSIGHTS HAVE LED THAT THE ABARTH ISN'T A GOOD MATCH FOR THE MAZDA. THEREFORE THE EVENT IS CHANGED TO A REGULAR TT/MX5 MULTICLASS. PITSTOP IS STILL MANDATORY! THE FEW ABARTH DRIVERS HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE AUDI. ALL MX5 HAVE KEPT THEIR MAZDA. CHANGE CAR YOURSELF IF YOU WANT TO.

Track conditions will be optimal so we can have a good evaluation of how these cars relate to eachother.

Sebring19.fdd41ef5d80ff5f4db213e38b7a6fb01.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post here and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3/GT4 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3/GT4 and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Sebring, USA
  • Pit stop: MANDATORY
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Oh, and I think the password listed under "server information" for sgp in the post is wrong, maybe it just needs changing to say "PM"? :)

Last edited:
Oh, and I think the password listed under "server information" for sgp in the post is wrong, maybe it just needs changing to say "PM"? :)
Chris, to register to an event it's the password I provided via a PM. To access the server when it's up, it's dunlop, a password that Brian and probably will be using for the whole year for accessing servers.

The register password will also be the same for an undefined period so regular participants don't have to PM me.
The reason that we are doing it, is to make sure that we have contact with newcomers so we can give them clear instructions before they join.

It's our solution to prevent the situations in the race of Road Atlanta.

What an interesting choice, Han :geek:

And you are shure this ball shaped shopping trolley thingy is faster than the Mazda? :O_o:

Even if it doesn´t try to murder it´s driver with agravating power understeer or lethal liftoff oversteer ?:cautious:

Yeah, I know it´s early stages, I´ll have to spend some time (and cash) in the shop to install an offroad suspension and tyre warmers for the back tyres. ;)

As you all know I´m biased against FWD, I´ve not owned a FWD since 1996 by choice.

And don´t think Han has gotten soft on us with 100% grip and tyre blankets, this thing..........
(censored, the pastor has called me in to talk about my language in public:cry:)

Going to confession now Carsten

Chris, to register to an event it's the password I provided via a PM. To access the server when it's up, it's dunlop, a password that Brian and probably will be using for the whole year for accessing servers.

The register password will also be the same for an undefined period so regular participants don't have to PM me.
The reason that we are doing it, is to make sure that we have contact with newcomers so we can give them clear instructions before they join.

It's our solution to prevent the situations in the race of Road Atlanta.
Ahh, I misread the original post where it says "Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop" as meaning that was both the password for the race server and SGP. My bad.

Ive driven the Abarth flatt-out in real life, the 595 with open exhaust, I must say it's a little bomb on wheels :) but the race version in AC is a totally differrent ball game in terms of cornering! So I'll stick with the Mazda!

The new Sebring track is a bit less bumpy in the corners, :thumbsup: so it demands a different setup to what I had last race over there.

Last edited:
Great choice Han! It'll be interesting.. I think I'll stick with the Mazda as I already used it at least for some practice (didn't participate in the race it appears from the results, can't remember why), however having the possibility to use the Abarth as well is tempting. Let's see if I can figure out how to drive it fast (oh, well, faster than my snail pace with the Mazda :roflmao: )

Yeah you did.

The "White Bowling Ball" needs all the help it can get.
( 35l tank and "a little skittish in the ass")

I really think it´s the faster car but it needs a firm hand at the wheel.
So i´ll probably channel my inner Millenial and go for the " Hair dressers Porsche" :redface:

MFG Carsten

Could someone knowledgeable drop a hint how to set the diff of the "Bowling Ball"?

For me it doesn´t steer AND has abismal traction.

(have I ever hinted on my stance on FWD :confused:)

Moaning Myrtle out

Last edited:
Yes, both because of the Abarth characteristics.
Ouch! I didn't read about the mandatory pitstop.. another thing to be practiced from the good old gt3 days! Not your fault Han, you even highlighted it in green!

Oh and.. I'm italian, I have two (!) 500 at home (though I drive a MINI), my marriage car was the old and original one (ok it was white, I admit :redface:), so please stop talking about bowling balls and hairdresser, or I'll tell my wife! respect please :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

(I'm joking of course)

Thank you Allan

apreciate it.
Now I need schooling what to do with it :mad:

Opened it with an editor, understood the cars name, but what do I do with the numbers for

Perf_size

Objective

CP_Speed

and so on??

Sory, I´m used to turning adjusters on my suspension, not hacking in numbers.

MFG Carsten

Latest News

Back