AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Donington Park, Wednesday 20th April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Lads... I gotta pull out of tonights race I'm afraid... :( I thought I would make it but still I have one last whole thesis to read for tomorrow and it always takes me a few hours, especially so late in the eve. Work's got me this time. :cry: Luckily there's no shortage of Mazda traffic so have fun and a good race chaps. Oh, and Samuel will be the (only) purple Mazda tonight so be nice to him. :laugh: Looking forward to the reports tonight, hopefully I'll still have eyes left to read them. :geek:

Last edited:
Thanks for a great experience in my first RD race everyone :D Apologies to anyone I held up - I was a rolling road block for most of that trying to manage low fuel, low talent, and high nerves!
It´ll get better fast, Danny.

And for fuel, Multiclass is always 45min, so 38-40l for the Mazda is enough.
For this one 37 would have been enough, but I keep a (little) safety margin.

MFG Carsten

Thanks for a great experience in my first RD race everyone :D Apologies to anyone I held up - I was a rolling road block for most of that trying to manage low fuel, low talent, and high nerves!
You did OK, Danny! Really good debut! And don't be disappointed in your performance tonight. We have all been there. It takes a couple of races to get up to speed but based on what I saw and your lap times the midfield is certainly possible and maybe even more. Just focus on consistency rather than fastest lap times. Speed will come automatically once you're able to do all you laps within 1,5s.
Also save the replay of the race and watch the race from the perspective of the frontrunners. You can learn a lot from that.

Last edited:
Tja,

intense race for me.

I stretched quali to the limit because I wanted a 1.45 on the records- done.

carry the headstart into the race- done

around the 10th lap- start making more and more silly mistakes and let Andre slip through- executed beautyfully

start a futile race, get close and blow it with a divebomb overtake attempt - couldn´t have been done better

blame Audist for blocking corners and cost me around 2sec- went well, but didn´t affect the race at all as next corners they did it to Andre, just the joys of multiclass- no drone strike ordered.

WHAT I REALLY HATE IS MY FURTHER DECLINE IN SAFETY RATING AS I WAS BUMPED SEVERAL TIMES WITHOUT ANY FAULT OF MINE- PISSED ABOUT THAT!!

Overall, Andre got the better of me, not by speed but consistency, his mistakes were less costly.

Overall nice and intense race, let´s do that again soon,

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
That was a busy race, even without the multi-class traffic coming through, but in an exciting, hope I make it to the end kind of way :) . Besides those last 2 hairpins, this track is a blast and I even managed to find a semi decent line through T1.

From start to finish, I don't think me and @Ernebro weren't in each others mirrors. The kind of racing you wish each race brings, yet when its happening, you're wondering if its going to last all race and can you hold on :thumbsup: . Even got a free clean last lap courtesy of @Kek700 being behind us when time ran out. Got a PB and had the gap sub 1s until the dreaded hairpins :cautious: :laugh:. Great stuff.

As for the Audi's, seemed you all had good pace as each time you came through, there was at least 2 or 3 of you making the pass :confused: :D

Congrats to the winners and finishers, and thanks for hosting such a great race Han :) . Looking forward to running this track again with a field full of Ginettas this weekend :whistling:

Last edited:
Tja,

intense race for me.

I stretched quali to the limit because I wanted a 1.45 on the records- done.

carry the headstart into the race- done

around the 10th lap- start making more and more silly mistakes and let Andre slip through- executed beautyfully

start a futile race, get close and blow it with a divebomb overtake attempt - couldn´t have been done better

blame Audist for blocking corners and cost me around 2sec- went well, but didn´t affect the race at all as next corners they did it to Andre, just the joys of multiclass- no drone strike ordered.

WHAT I REALLY HATE IS MY FURTHER DECLINE IN SAFETY RATING AS I WAS BUMPED SEVERAL TIMES WITHOUT ANY FAULT OF MINE- PISSED ABOUT THAT!!

Overall, Andre got the better of me, not by speed but consistency, his mistakes were less costly.

Overall nice and intense race, let´s do that again soon,

MFG Carsten
Yes intense for me too and I'm relieved that my battle with Colin didn't affect your battle with Andre.

Also I did want to call out some superb sportsmanship from Andre (@a_murel) earlier in the race when Colin and I passed both of you on the start/finish straight. In the radio confusion of who was letting who go it got tighter than it should have at the first corner compromising Carsten's line. Watching the replay I'm pretty sure Andre lifted to hold station, rather than take advantage of the confusion to pass Carsten. Great sportsmanship Andre and all part of why it really is a great privilege to be racing in this club with you all, thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Yes intense for me too and I'm relieved that my battle with Colin didn't affect your battle with Andre.

Also I did want to call out some superb sportsmanship from Andre (@a_murel) earlier in the race when Colin and I passed both of you on the start/finish straight. In the radio confusion of who was letting who go it got tighter than it should have at the first corner compromising Carsten's line. Watching the replay I'm pretty sure Andre lifted to hold station, rather than take advantage of the confusion to pass Carsten. Great sportsmanship Andre and all part of why it really is a great privilege to be racing in this club with you all, thanks everyone.
ohh guys, what a great and fun race!

You saw that right Richard, thank you!:), I lifted, I don't want to take advantage of an Audi hussle, because Carsten was doing such a great job by driving really quick and allmost without mistakes. I really want to race clean and fair but hard!

Later on I had a bad exit and Carsten was attacking me on the back straight. Great fight!

Congrats to the podium guys!! (specially DOUG!!!!!)

Last edited:
I was confident that I had OK pace on this track and so it proved.

Qualifying was tricky as I kept going off but managed to pull off last lap special that pulled me up to 4th, just 0.1 ahead of Allan.

Got a slow getaway and Allan got past me even before T1.

Benefitted from Allan's mistake at the Old Harpin when he lost it and went off, taking Simon with him.

Up to 3rd and immediately got up the inside of Andre into the complex of right handers. We went side by side for 3 corners but he had a better exit and preceeding to stretch away with Carsten.

I didn't have their pace so I focused on trying to stay close in case they slowed or had off tracks, which didn't happen.

Had a healthy gap to P4 until the end when I was, with hindsight, a bit too generous by slowing significantly for the Audis that were battling. I then lost 5 seconds with my only major off-track at T1 and suddenly Allan was only 6 seconds back.

Last 3 laps were being careful, but slow, so I didn't hand the podium to Allan. As a result he was only a second or two behind at the line.

P3 wipes out my bad memories of Imola last week.

Thanks, Han, for organising and well done everyone, especially the podiums.

Been a pretty up and down week or two, so by some mystery or other found myself behind Thomas, but a , something like 2 second lead by the time the race settled down. Was difficult to close. So I just resigned myself to keeping the gap reasonably constant, which I generally speaking managed.
The Mazdas then really clobbered me, so 2 seconds was more like 5, Way beyond P2P. So like a gentleman I decided to do the right thing and give up, and knock out the laps.
To my surprise there was Thomas in a right pickle. Well that was that the rolls were reversed.
Funny thing this racing , Tuesday I managed to punt myself off repeatedly, thought it was another run of bad luck, bish bosh in the lead out of the blue.
You just never know what’s going to happen in this simracing thing.
Managed some hash ups with the Mazdas, so really sorry for my ineptitude. I don’t, luckily think I caused too much trouble.
Well done podiums and Han for the organisation, expected a bit of a right hectic first 10 or so laps as there was nothing in all the Audi qualifying times.

Threw away a possible victory by making a stupid mistake. Had a decent gap in the lead to Ernie and we were lapping about the same times. After 25 minutes got on the grass while braking for Mcleans which sent me in a spin. Rejoined couple seconds behind Ernie. After that had difficult lapping situations with close fighting Mazdas and lost time (no fault of the Mazda). Had a good fight with Han and could finish in P2.

Thx all and cu next time.

results for anyone interested: https://simresults.net/220420-eM9

Drifting through Old Hairpin, glad I could avoid a spin, didn't even cost me lots of time....
Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_doningtonpark2018_21-4-122-0-6-0.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not criticising anyone but on a few occasions last night I was mugged by another Audi when trying to abide by the 'rule' not to dive bomb or intimidate Mazda's into corners. If that's allowed then fine - I'd just like some clarity on how we are supposed to behave.

Personally I'd prefer it if the Audi driver would wait until we're passed the Mazda to continue battling. Otherwise you are under pressure to make the pass because you don't know what the other Audi is going to do.

Latest News

Back