AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Donington Park, Wednesday 20th April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I would expect some late registrations, happens more often lately. :coffee:
Must be the sunny weather.

Last edited:
I'm currently in the mazda because I wanted to get some practice for this sundays gt4 race here and the Audi is fwd and the gt4 isn't, but I could switch to that if we needed more Audi's. Don't care too much either way.

Post testing edit: The mazda is actually pretty fun on this track (he says before he see's others lap times :laugh:)
It's great fun and a challenge.

I'm currently in the mazda because I wanted to get some practice for this sundays gt4 race here and the Audi is fwd and the gt4 isn't, but I could switch to that if we needed more Audi's. Don't care too much either way.

Post testing edit: The mazda is actually pretty fun on this track (he says before he see's others lap times :laugh:)
it's now 5 Audi's what I consider as a minimum. I expect some more but of course I don't know that for sure.
But I find this uncertaincy quite a nuisance. For future multiclass events I'm thinking to put a deadline on it. For example if on monday morning there are less then 5 cars chosen in a certain class, the event will be transformed to a monoclass and I will swap the cars. That way the drivers will still have three days to practice with the other car including the 75 min practice time of the event itself.

What do you guys think of such a deadline approach?

Last edited:
Finally gave it a go yesterday with the mazdas having only done this track(actually only on the national layout) with the skips once.

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but the easiest part of this track is the damn chicane. This one will take me longer to understand than brands hatch ;p Still managed to find some consistency if I keep it slow. Again the plan for this race is to simply finish it without crashing or causing "too many" incidents.

That sounds like a good plan which would help managing the event and still be fair to participants since it's always planned a week in advance

Last edited:
it's now 5 Audi's what I consider as a minimum. I expect some more but of course I don't know that for sure.
But I find this uncertaincy quite a nuisance. For future multiclass events I'm thinking to put a deadline on it. For example if on monday morning there are less then 5 cars chosen in a certain class, the event will be transformed to a monoclass and I will swap the cars. That way the drivers will still have three days to practice with the other car including the 75 min practice time of the event itself.

A deadline would be a good idea, I think, for the reasons you have stated.

I don't mind switching cars, if necessary, to make up the numbers but won't be as competitive in a car I have not practiced.

How late can we register for this race (MX5)? I'm 50/50 on availability but I'll happily join if I can get online before the start of practice :)
You can register until the start of the event 20.00 CST (18.00 UTC). But you can register now so you have more time to join. Practice is 75 min, then 20 min Qualify. With the overtime and countdown between the stages the race is about to start at 21.45 CST. If registered you can join at any moment after the even has started.

Last edited:
Great stuff thanks Han, I'll see you all tonight!
Hi Danny,

Don't know if I told you this already but we have some additional rules for multiclass. Please read them in the 1st post of this thread.
And being on Discord voice chat during the event is more than desirable to hear and give directions from and to lapping cars.

A deadline sounds fair. I thought you meant a deadline for signing up alltogether actually, so not until a minute before the race but a day or two... that's what I interpreted at first read. But a deadline for a total of cars sounds reasonable and monday morning sounds pretty fair. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Back