AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Charade, Wed 26th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was some great racing yesterday.

Started on the wrong foot, in the first lap messed up the entrance to the fast chicane so I clipped the first wall, sending it to the right to get catapulted back onto the path of Carsten, sorry mate.
Lost a bunch of positions but put my head down and caught up with José after a while.
After a minor mistake from him I got through, but shortly Bouke got on my rear view mirror and I spent too much time looking in the mirror during the most critical mountain section so I found myself stopping for a quick picnic on the side of the road. Fortunately did not drop too much and was following José closely again.

But then disaster struck! On the climb after the starting line I see José slowing down and then get to a full stop just before the roundabout. Really sorry for the technical problems mate, this could've been finally a race where we would battle it out till the end. :(

After that I managed to caught up to David and Colin just to put some interference in their fight but in less than 2 laps later I made another mistake caused by the pressure and tiredness so I had to let them go.

I have to admit this was quite an exhausting race, by the end I was drenched in sweat and struggling to keep up with my reference times, but so satisfying.
The mountain section reminded me a lot of some windy roads I had back in my home town, so it was a pleasure to run those twisty turns every lap. :)

Ricardo you were all the time so close, if you do not make mistakes I will not catch you.

Same goes to you José. I was only able to get past after you made a minor mistake. And it was minor, but just before that fast uphill section meant you lost quite some speed and made it easier for me to get past.
We are both getting consistent and going in the right direction. We just need more regular people to join so that we can measure our progress. And to make less mistakes. Definitely that second one too. :roflmao:

All-around great racing from everyone on what was a challenging circuit, congrats to the podiums. Han I'm glad you found a good suspect for your disconnects and thank you for hosting.
Now it's time for some holidays. As mentioned last week I will be off for some time so I will probably not join any race until September.
Have fun out there, enjoy summer and I will see you next time!

- Ricardo

Started on the wrong foot, in the first lap messed up the entrance to the fast chicane so I clipped the first wall, sending it to the right to get catapulted back onto the path of Carsten, sorry mate.
Lost a bunch of positions but put my head down and caught up with José after a while.
After a minor mistake from him I got through, but shortly Bouke got on my rear view mirror and I spent too much time looking in the mirror during the most critical mountain section so I found myself stopping for a quick picnic on the side of the road. Fortunately did not drop too much and was following José closely again.

But then disaster struck! On the climb after the starting line I see José slowing down and then get to a full stop just before the roundabout. Really sorry for the technical problems mate, this could've been finally a race where we would battle it out till the end. :(

After that I managed to caught up to David and Colin just to put some interference in their fight but in less than 2 laps later I made another mistake caused by the pressure and tiredness so I had to let them go.

I have to admit this was quite an exhausting race, by the end I was drenched in sweat and struggling to keep up with my reference times, but so satisfying.
The mountain section reminded me a lot of some windy roads I had back in my home town, so it was a pleasure to run those twisty turns every lap. :)

Same goes to you José. I was only able to get past after you made a minor mistake. And it was minor, but just before that fast uphill section meant you lost quite some speed and made it easier for me to get past.
We are both getting consistent and going in the right direction. We just need more regular people to join so that we can measure our progress. And to make less mistakes. Definitely that second one too. :roflmao:

All-around great racing from everyone on what was a challenging circuit, congrats to the podiums. Han I'm glad you found a good suspect for your disconnects and thank you for hosting.
Now it's time for some holidays. As mentioned last week I will be off for some time so I will probably not join any race until September.

- Ricardo
Have a great holiday, Ricardo!

- Ricardo
Enjoy your holiday Ricardo!

I survived using the clutch pedal. It felt normal quite quickly so I decided to race. Had some really good battles along the way. A great fight with Colin in particular which we took right to the line.

I was too slack on track limits though and got two drive throughs :redface: Jim was not happy...

On the pedal...it looks like the whole petentionometer mechanism has collapsed :alien: The spindle that cog is on has broken, I think. It cracks when the pedal is pressed. That video does highlight I could swap the petentionometers though :thumbsup:

I survived using the clutch pedal. It felt normal quite quickly so I decided to race. Had some really good battles along the way. A great fight with Colin in particular which we took right to the line.

I was too slack on track limits though and got two drive throughs :redface: Jim was not happy...

On the pedal...it looks like the whole petentionometer mechanism has collapsed :alien: The spindle that cog is on has broken, I think. It cracks when the pedal is pressed. That video does highlight I could swap the petentionometers though :thumbsup:

I don't believe Fanatec will sell you a pot but you could try this...

Last edited:
Ha... my shoulders ache from last night. I went swimming in the afternoon, not a good idea before a race, especially in such track haha! I had 10 practice laps under my belt with a lousy time and no real pace before wednesday. Logged in early and learned a few tricks from watching Boukah and Allan lapping around, managing to find a good chunk of time and a line that was safer than mine. Qualy went better than expected, had a decent start and a clean first lap, dodging a few offroaders and settling in behind Andre... that lasted for a couple of laps until we had a bunch up on the mid sector, the snakey downhill, where Andre went up in the air and landed on his 'roof'... :( I managed to keep going and had a few nice scraps with Doug, Dave, Bouke and Colin. At some point I saw Jason and Kimi coming together and barely managed to go through unscathed, catching up with a slow Han but unable to make a pass on pace. I also had a couple of close moments with fences and natural wood, and received 3 track-limits warnings... the last one when I was on a great run towards a PB, half a second quicker than my fastest lap on the race, but I had to abort to avoid a drive-through. All and all I somehow got to P10 at the end, much better than what I expected so, it was a good race for me. :D

Maybe and idea to limit/remove track limits on snakey tracks? ;)

Thanks for organising Han, glad that there was a stable connection for you and almost everyone despite initial high-pings. Congratulations to the podium finishers and the winners of course, and well done Robert! :thumbsup: Looking forward to the next one, looks like a small track, most welcome, haha!

P.S. Enjoy your vacay Ricardo!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back