Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1689873804733.png

1689873993762.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

As it's the last Wednesday of July, we're going to the track you chose as Track of the Month: Charade the 8km layout.
The Circuit de Charade, or Circuit Clermont-Ferrand is a circuit in France. The circuit is located around a dormant volcano, and is located near the city of Clermont-Ferrand.

A Formula 1 Grand Prix was held four times, in 1965, 1969, 1970 and 1972. The circuit was compared to the Nürburgring because of its layout. Partly because of the safety risks, Formula 1 moved to Paul Ricard after 1972.

The 8km layout has been updated recently by the maker with amongst other changes a new corner with a roundabout (not visible in the map below).

1689873527926.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/f1a4f789-f306-4bd7-9466-ce2334fa4106?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Circuit de Charade, France https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-charade-2023-csp.19689/
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Wellll,

after strolling around a bit I have to admit that this track is really beautyfull(ly made).

It really reminds of some "canyoning sessions" we had a few years back in the "Dutch Mountains" aka "The Eifel"

Aaand I have to admit that I rather like the way my Mazda wiggles it´s butt around the hairpins.......

So, the jury´s still out if I will join you on Wednesday ( but it doesn´t look too bad :rolleyes:)

Why is the Eifel called the Dutch Mountains? I didn't know that.
Interestingly (if you're into geology lol), it's an old volcanic site too.

Clermont Ferrand (Charade) has a fabulous history, provided some amazing races in the late 50's, into the 60's - most of my favourite drivers (Rindt, Amon, Stewart, Surtees etc) raced there, and all said it was a massive challenge.

I love the sim version, it has a great flow, then a section that breaks it up with the tight stuff; can't imagine what it was like irl, fecking terrifying I guess:roflmao:

Trying to register but... :(

Server Manager experienced an error that caused this page to fail to load​

The message associated with the error is: Internal Server Error

Trying to register but... :(

Server Manager experienced an error that caused this page to fail to load​

The message associated with the error is: Internal Server Error
Did you select the championship part 2?
The other one is corrupted, I even can't delete it.

Guys,

It may come as a shock to you :D but I'm switching to the Mazda for now.
I'm experimenting with profiles for the setting of my pedals and the one I have for the MX5 feels very good. I'd like to see if this makes me more competitive in our events.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back